April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: steamer help  (Read 3792 times)

Offline ufo69chevelle

• Café Member
  • luck is when preperation meets opportunity
steamer help
« on: August 24, 2009, 07:22:06 PM »
i finally shelled out the money and bought a steamer. ran across a used cobra DLX from an old man that never used it. he actually bought a 12 gallon steamer to do his and his wifes cars on th weekends. i am very impressed with it so far, works much better then my old shop vac/air hose-turned to water hose/ sprayer nozzle. my question is, what is a good soap to put in it? ive talked to buddies that have been detailing and got mixed reviews. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Obsessive Detail
Re: steamer help
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:02:30 PM »
I don't use any kind of chemical in mine, just distilled water.  Mine cleans awesome without really having to use that many chemicals.

Offline tdr6874

• Professional Detailer
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 09:11:33 AM »
just apply the soap via a spray bottle to the area and work it in with a nice brush then vac it out...dont mix the chemicals and then spray them out...it will greatly reduce the life of the pump and you will find yourself wasting alot of chemicals...you want to use a soap that is designed for extraction...one that is low foaming and even add a de-foamer in the tank...this is to keep the suds that are being sucked up from getting into the vac motor...check out detail king...they have some good items for extractors...

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 10:23:17 AM »
I'm getting a bit confused here.  Are we talking steamers or extractors?  Extractors are more like vacuums and will pull liquid from the carpets.  A steamer actually uses steam and is good for door panels, dash, seats, carpets, etc.  I thought steamer but now I'm thinking extractor. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Obsessive Detail
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 12:44:11 PM »
I'm getting a bit confused here.  Are we talking steamers or extractors?  Extractors are more like vacuums and will pull liquid from the carpets.  A steamer actually uses steam and is good for door panels, dash, seats, carpets, etc.  I thought steamer but now I'm thinking extractor. 

I thought he meant steamer at first too!

Offline tdr6874

• Professional Detailer
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 02:00:43 PM »
The model he posted should be and extraxtor with ln board in line heater that sprays hot water. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 03:21:31 PM »
Gotcha.  I dont have any experience with either so the model didn't mean anything to me and I didn't think to look it up.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

* Recent Photos

IMG_8662.JPG

Views: 9
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal