1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Medical Update  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Medical Update
« on: March 13, 2022, 01:06:00 AM »
Hey Guys

I am so sorry, but a lot has gone on.  Never once have i been the guy with the black cloud over him but this past few months have been just that.  No need to rehash it. 

That said, wanted to tell you what the hell happened to me. 

First, yall, I am 1/4 Greek, its important later:

As I had mentioned, I was in the hospital in late Jan for 6 days.   But this goes back to Oct of 2021.   In Oct, I had some ankle issues.  Felt like my ankle needed to pop and it hurt to walk.  That lasted about 25 days...went way.   Then the day after Thanksgiving, I developed very sore abdomen, and sides...hurt to stand up, couldn't sit up, lay on my sides, burp or sneeze or cough.  Everything hurt.  Called my doc and she said I had Pancreatitis.   Prescribed me some meds and I never took them and the pain went away for about 10 days.   

Then in early Jan, i started to feel bad again with the same symtoms as before but it wasn't as bad.  Over a few days it started to get worse.  Then a week went by and it was like BOOM.  Couldn't take it...level 10.     Rushed to ER and they did a billion tests...pumped me full of Morphine and 5 hours later, I walked out the door....with no answer as to what the hell just happened. 

Doc ordered an MRI 2 days later, came back with no real conclusions other than a slightly collapsed right lung and some fluid between my lungs and liver.   

1 more day passes....wake up and can't breathe, couldn't get enough air.  full. body spasms and legs would lock out...was able to calm down and get myself to my wife's car.  She rushed me back to ER.  They admitted me in less than 2 min.   Was back and we started over.  Same tests, nothing...pain they could fix...so they admitted me in the hospital.   For 5 days, they did every text they could think of.  Nothing.  No Cancer, no anything.  On the 5th day they gave me a steroid IV injection.  A few hours later I was doing better, and they talked about letting me go home the next day but fist I had to poop.  Yup, they wouldn't let me leave until I did #2.    That is a whole other issue...will skip ahead.

On the 6th day, I went home but couldn't go home b.c my wife had COVID.  So I went to my brothers.  Granted he lives in a 11K sq ft house, they put me in the guest room.   That night, I had a total melt down, fully body spasms again and locked up. Couldn't breath.  House is so big, they couldn't hear me yelling..., crawled to the kitchen and was yelling....finally, my brother found me and got me back to bed and gave me pain meds etc...about an hour later, I was ok.   

A couple of days later, I had Colonospy and upper endoscopy.   All clear there and the doc said, I don't know why you are in pain.  Nothing is wrong from our side.   

another week goes by, not answers.    I got an aptment with a Rheumatoid doctor.  (My wife's doc as she has Rheumatoid Arthritis). After 20 min, he suggested that I had something called Serositis.   Which made total sense at the time.  He suggested additional blood tests and asked me if I was Greek.   I said yes.  He knew it from there.  He gave me a specialized steroid shot and said, in 5 days, you will be much better.  He was right.  Exactly 5 days later, I was about 65% back to normal. 

Back up a second. Not sure if I told you, but I have Hemochromatosis.   A genetic disorder.   A whole other thread.

2 Weeks goes by and I am doing so much better but still can't yawn, sneeze or cough.   Can't even sigh.   I go back to see him and he says, "I SOLVED IT!"   He said, you're Greek.  You have Hemochromatosis and you now have FMF-Familial Mediterranean Fever!!

Sounds totally made up but FMF causes Serostis....mentioned above. So I have that going on.  Getting better.  It has taken weeks to get where I am, almost Months and we have it under control.  It is super frustrating but I pulled the lucky card in my Greek line of family to get all the bad Greek shit.   

So I got that going for me.   

From a work perspective. I did have a great year and earned a spot at Presidents Club, only 20 people out of 550 or so made it so I am honored to get it, albeit with a week to go in our fiscal year, I was in the Hospitcal.   It sucked but hey a free trip for me and wife to Hawaii where we have never been will be ok. 

Ok gents, that was the Readers Digest Version.  There is so much more to this story and its still going.  I am working with my Gastro doc to work on some Liver Issues due to Hemochromatosis.   

Lastly, I turned 50 on the 8th of March.  I know that isn't saying much but I wanted to mention this again I know we all haven't met, at lease we have on a few rare occasions but i truly value our friendships we have developed over the years.  you guys are always my voice of reason and motivation.   

I realize I am not here much, i am in those years where i am busier than ever and I have taken on too much and dealing with a lot of shit with myself and other topics.     You guys have always been here and have always been super supportive and I can't thank you guys enough for that.  I try to return as much as I can but its been hard last couple of years.   

And now the rest of the news......

JP
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 09:54:51 AM by Rollingrock »
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Medical Update
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 07:08:31 AM »
That’s a lot to take in.  Sounds like one hell of a ride that’s not quite over yet.  I’m glad something good happened to you this year though.  When’s the Hawaii trip?  You may have just turned 50 but I feel like you just turned a corner recently and you’re just getting started.  Keep chipping away at this shit and get better.  You got this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 07:26:54 AM »
Jeez JP, you've had one hell of a ride there! There are few things in life as frustrating as medical problems with no obvious answer. Sounds like you had that - times about ten. The good news is that is sounds like they finally have a handle on what's going on. Why did you have to choose such a wild ailment with such an international twist though? I've never heard of that particular ailment. Good thing you finally found a doctor that could connect the dots!

As for moving forward - which we all know you will - we're here for you. We've had our ailments and hospitalizations too. Maybe sometime we can share war stories and stitch counts. (Don't plan on winning the stitch count contest BTW.) The good thing about this kind of conversation is that there's absolutely no way one can spend any time in the healthcare system and not have at least a few hilarious stories to share. We can't wait to hear yours.

If you ever need somebody to talk to, you have my numbers and don't be afraid to call! Keep moving forward and you will get through this!

Tom

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 08:27:44 PM »
That’s sounds absolutely terrible Jason. It’s incredibly frustrating to not know what’s going on for so long.

I hope you are well on the way to recovery and can keep on the right side of it.

Drop by when you can and enjoy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 07:28:22 AM »
Wishing you all the best - Take care and hope the meds work.

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 06:32:12 PM »
Glad they got it figured out. Take care of yourself brother.  Call me if I can do anything for you.  I can be there in 5 hours if needed.
================

Doug

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 09:32:16 PM »
JP,

WOW !!!  that is incredible going through all that.  Glad you are doing well now, or at least on the road to it.

Congrats on making PresClub.
I missed by ~ 10%, lowest to make it was 155%
We do the top n number of people, not the everyone that is above nnn%, so it gets very competitive the end of Q3 and all of Q4.
Steve

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal