Detailing Products > Quick Detailers & Finishing Sprays

UQW vs. Opti-Seal test

(1/2) > >>

hwm3:
So I figured I'd pick up some UQW and give it a shot against something that I use all the time, Opti-Seal. I was giving the truck a quick wash this afternoon and decided to do a 50/50 on the hood. After washing I clayed then gave it a thorough ISO wipedown.

No protection there. Yes, the hood is wet.

UQW side.

Opti-Seal side.

In this pic you can see that the far side is beading a bit tighter than the near side. The far side being UQW, near side OS.

Opti-Seal beads.

UQW beads.

This is the OS side after flooding with water using the hose without a nozzle. It took about 10 seconds to sheet completely, but nearly all water is gone.

This is the UQW side after flooding. This side sheeted completely in a couple seconds, but more water remained.

In this pic I flooded both sides to show how quickly UQW sheets water. You can see that the water is gone from the UQW side but still "sliding" down the OS side.

Same concept from other side of hood. UQW sheets water VERY quickly.

Application of each product was very easy. I had no issues with either.

I'll be checking the durability every few days as time and weather permits. My truck lives outside and this is the rainy time of year so they should get a thorough test.

Mike2301:
Did you use the UQW with a damp applicator or wipe on wipe off?

hwm3:

--- Quote from: Mike2301 on March 31, 2009, 04:47:51 PM ---Did you use the UQW with a damp applicator or wipe on wipe off?

--- End quote ---

I used the UQW just as the directions say. Spray, spread around, then buff off.

Kitzy:
Your paint is too damn bright.   :drool:

Interesting that the OS sheeted more water off even though it took longer.

Obsessive Detail:
I love Opti Seal!  :thumbsiup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version