Exterior Detailing > Metal Polishing

Aluminum-safe Degreaser - On the cheap

<< < (2/3) > >>

attworth:
What kind of dilution would you recommend? I need to fill a 5 gal bucket, or larger, with it  :beer:

Rollingrock:

--- Quote from: attworth on March 25, 2009, 12:49:01 PM ---RR - you used Meg's APC+ and it took the finish off, or the PB's one? Just wanna make sure I understand ya properly  :thumbsiup:

And PB - How many quarts do you have?

--- End quote ---

I used full strength megs APC+ on an aluminum table used for camping and it took some of the finish off.  Was trying to clean up grease from cooking and well, I got the grease off, I messed up the table too.  Not sure if the table has some type of finish on it but it is messed up where I used the cleaner on it.  To give you another example, I screwed up a set of bike wheels going the same thing..it took the anodization off.    I would listen to PB on this one.  

Poorboy:

--- Quote from: attworth on March 25, 2009, 12:59:29 PM ---What kind of dilution would you recommend? I need to fill a 5 gal bucket, or larger, with it  :beer:

--- End quote ---

why do you need to fill a 5 gallon bucket? do you want to soak parts or just degrease them?

Kitzy:
Hey RR, maybe you shouldn't have anything made from aluminum.  Or maybe you can work something out with Rick at ADS where just to be on the safe side, he sends you pre-diluted APC+.   :thump:  Just messing with you.  You should see what Super Degreaser does to polished aluminum wheels.   :biglaugh:

attworth:

--- Quote from: Poorboy on March 25, 2009, 01:09:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: attworth on March 25, 2009, 12:59:29 PM ---What kind of dilution would you recommend? I need to fill a 5 gal bucket, or larger, with it  :beer:

--- End quote ---

why do you need to fill a 5 gallon bucket? do you want to soak parts or just degrease them?

--- End quote ---

Soaking a head. The left-overs will be used on the block.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version