Exterior Detailing > Metal Polishing

Aluminum-safe Degreaser - On the cheap

<< < (3/3)

Poorboy:

--- Quote from: attworth on March 25, 2009, 02:05:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Poorboy on March 25, 2009, 01:09:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: attworth on March 25, 2009, 12:59:29 PM ---What kind of dilution would you recommend? I need to fill a 5 gal bucket, or larger, with it  :beer:

--- End quote ---

why do you need to fill a 5 gallon bucket? do you want to soak parts or just degrease them?

--- End quote ---

Soaking a head. The left-overs will be used on the block.

--- End quote ---

i'm going to check with a friend of mine that use a few hundred gallons of APC each year and ask for his input and will get back to you for the best way to approach

attworth:

--- Quote from: Poorboy on March 25, 2009, 02:11:59 PM ---i'm going to check with a friend of mine that use a few hundred gallons of APC each year and ask for his input and will get back to you for the best way to approach

--- End quote ---

I appreciate it.  :thumbsiup:

Poorboy:

--- Quote from: attworth on March 25, 2009, 02:24:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Poorboy on March 25, 2009, 02:11:59 PM ---i'm going to check with a friend of mine that use a few hundred gallons of APC each year and ask for his input and will get back to you for the best way to approach

--- End quote ---

I appreciate it.  :thumbsiup:

--- End quote ---

ok just got an answer for you ...he just did one so here's the way he described ...wet the part with water ...spray the part with pure APC ..soak it good ... let it sit over night or longer ...soak it again ... then use a steamer spray..preferably over 220* and rinse it and he said it will look like new!

attworth:
Awesome. Thank you

Poorboy:
my pleasure  :thumbsiup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version