April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Which truck?  (Read 6569 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Which truck?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 08:44:36 AM »
Guys NO DODGE. The Quad Cab is too small, and the Mega Cab doesn't look right. Besides, I just can't bring myself to buy a Dodge again. I had a new '98 and it was JUNK. 6 trips to the shop for engine and interior issues in 8 months.  :rant:

Anyway, looks like I'll be waiting for an '09 diesel Lariat in the correct color. The main reason for looking right now is my truck's value has gone up nearly $5k in the last 5 months. I looked at trading back then, but the dealer was only offering $14k for my truck, and KBB agreed. Now it's $19k, big difference.

Lumadar. I'm not worried about how the ladies will feel about the truck. I've been married for nearly 15 years now.

If you want until 2010, you can get the new "Scorpion" engine!!!!  That is what I am waiting for!!

I think the 6.4 is a monster and the new flash is not bad from what I have heard. 

If you want a 6.0, maybe I will sell you mine!! 

BTW, you know we'll be in Hot Springs tomorrow through the following Sunday...if you want to come help move chit out of a house and take it to the dump with me you are more than welcome to show up!!...kidding of course.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 08:57:07 AM »
I wouldn't settle man. Been there and done that. And while my truck was nice and I enjoyed it, it wasn't what I wanted, and I wanted to trade it about a year later. Obviously that never happened.

There's tons of trucks around right now. A good dealer should be able to get one from others, even out of state. Not sure if this covers your area, but I use www.autonation.com

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 09:26:28 AM »
I'd offer the same advice on waiting and getting what you really want. I've ordered every single Ford truck I've ever owned (8 and counting) so that I got EXACTLY what I wanted. Why pay that much money to settle for something close. By the way, if you do any heavy towing at all, I think you'll be much happier with an oil burner. I've driven both the V10 and the diesel. They're both nice motors, but the disel is a torque monster and the mileage doesn't drop as much with a heavy load. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Need4racin

• Café Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »
On a bronco forum I frequent a guy got one of the last new 08s from the dealer lot for a decent price. Paid 20k for a XL 6.4, reg cab, long bed. Not sure what all options it had, but I know it had the xl decor pkg with the nicer headlights.
Adrianspeeder?

Yea.

hwm, get what you want. These are the days of the internet. You can find what you like online and deal over the phone. Fly out to where ever and drive it back.

edit- King ranch is must IMO.  :gl:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 01:14:47 PM by Need4racin »

* Recent Photos

IMG_0203.JPG

Views: 3
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal