Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Review: ADS Chem Reistant Spray Head & Wheel Brightener  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Center Stage Auto Detailing

• Charter Member
Review: ADS Chem Reistant Spray Head & Wheel Brightener
« on: May 12, 2009, 10:46:51 PM »
Got to give a couple new things a good workout last weekend.

I don't know if I just got lucky or what.  A few people told me that WB was goingt to chew through spray heads like candy.

I got a few of the new Chem Resist spray heads from ADS.  The new ones with the brass nozzle.  I filled a bottle with WB 4:1 and went at it this weekend. Five days later the spray head is still working.  I did see one major drawback for me in the new heads.  They were about three times harder to pull than the older ones.  If I use them much this summer I aught to have forearms like popeye.  LOL

WB really cut through the baked on crap.  I gave them a very large challenge with a set of wheels that I know haven't been cleaned in at least 5 years and driven 90% inner city Oklahoma City.  I had to soak them in WB, let sit for a few seconds and the blast them with the pressure washer.  I had to do that 4 times before they came completely clean.  But, I just wanted to know how clean I could get them without touching them with any kind of mf, brush, etc...

The jury is still psudo out on the WB.  I"m not sure it's enough better than APC+ to warrant keeping another chemical around but for now I'll keep going at it.  Planning this weekend to pull the wheels off my truck and do them inside and out.  Wait till you see those pics.  My wheels are nearly black.  LOL

Before

After

Offline Rockpick

• Administrator
  • The Final Detail - Henderson, KY
Re: Review: ADS Chem Reistant Spray Head & Wheel Brightener
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 09:19:26 AM »
Very nice update. I'm due for an order so, I'll probably add a couple... 

Thanks!
Now With Scrubbing Bubbles...

Offline leedriver

• Café Member
  • Detailing Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:33:27 PM »
I noticed the new spray heads had brass in them now... I would think that would hold up much better than the plastic alone.
LD

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »
Like Poorboy pointed out before though, the seals inside remain the same.  Interesting that they worked for you.  I think RR tried Wheel Brightener with the new nozzles and it failed on him.  Don't quote me on that though. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

* Recent Photos

IMG_8591.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal