April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Business cards  (Read 9222 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Business cards
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 03:51:21 PM »
RR - I was just going to say that.  I'd like to see what you can do with both the card and the logo.  I love seeing what people can do graphically.  I've seen some people that do amazing work and I could only wish to be as good.  Are .psd files interchangeable between mac and pc?  I just copied the file and duplicated to the best of my ability without removing any information that he had on there.  It does seem that there is too much of the same information on there but if nothing else I figured it would drill the information into the potential customers brain so they wouldn't forget it.    Anyway, if the .psd files are interchangeable I could shoot you over my file to use.  I did it fast so none of the layers are labels and it's a little confusing to work with but it got the job done.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 04:08:57 PM »
I was able to make some changes to give you an idea what I was after - make sure you match the font - I think I was close  :golf:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 04:26:20 PM »
I like it.  Just for comparison I put them all in the same post.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 04:37:17 PM »
hwm3 - post your new card when you get it. :beer:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 09:13:49 AM »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 09:46:18 PM »
Hey guys, update on cafe member Robby32

His brother (my neighbor) told me that they are without power with no eta...wanted to tell me he is not ignoring posts just cannot get online right now.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline hwm3

• Café Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 10:55:16 PM »

I really like this layout. My next question is, should I change the wording for the services I provide, or add something else?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 10:23:15 AM »
I was thinking.  You know how the saying goes, Diamonds are a girls best friend?  What if it went something like :
Diamond Z Auto Detailing
You car's (or auto/vehicle/whatever) best friend

Or something of the sort.  I just don't know how many people would get it. 

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 03:31:04 PM »
Here's mine. I got them to give to friends after I detail their stuff. Not really much "marketing" other than friend recommendations. I like the simplicity. It doesn't really explain what I do, but my work says enough. Like I said, 100% of my business has been word of mouth.

I'd get rid of the white strips if I could, but they're not too bad. Got them from vista print.

Offline Center Stage Auto Detailing

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »
Not fancy.  and made them last year so the web site is wrong.  but punched them out on Microsoft Word and my printer so they were cheap.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 11:22:27 PM »
Here's mine. I got them to give to friends after I detail their stuff. Not really much "marketing" other than friend recommendations. I like the simplicity. It doesn't really explain what I do, but my work says enough. Like I said, 100% of my business has been word of mouth.

I'd get rid of the white strips if I could, but they're not too bad. Got them from vista print.

Like this? Or the white lines around the border of the card that can't be seen on a white forum background.  Haha.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:59:34 AM by ESF »

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 11:34:44 AM »
Exactly ESF. The vista print website doesn't allow you to do much tinkering. I got like 250 cards for 10 bucks, so it wasn't a huge deal. If I ever run out, I'll probably do my own thing.

Looks a lot better without the white around my truck.

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 12:14:44 PM »
ESF -

The card is better with the white removed.

One more tweak -

from a design stand point the truck should be moving into the card not out - so place it on the right to retake the photo so the truck faces to the right.

That way when the card is looked at the truck will direct the viewers eye to the copy not away from it.

Robby32  :golf:

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 12:41:23 PM »
Like I said, Vista Print.. Haha.. They don't give many options. It's nice to be able to have something to hand to people is all.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 02:00:50 PM »
ESF -

The card is better with the white removed.

One more tweak -

from a design stand point the truck should be moving into the card not out - so place it on the right to retake the photo so the truck faces to the right.

That way when the card is looked at the truck will direct the viewers eye to the copy not away from it.

Robby32  :golf:

See that's stuff I wouldn't even think about but since oyu pointed it out, it makes a lot of sense.  Actually, now it bothers me.  Haha.   :thumbsiup:

* Recent Photos

IMG_1311.JPG

Views: 6
By: gipraw

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal