Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Poorboys MF's  (Read 5951 times)

Offline cufootn

• Café Member
Poorboys MF's
« on: June 30, 2008, 09:02:13 PM »
They are my new favorites. I was using the Megs supreme shine but I like these better.

Offline 05_sprcrw

• Café Member
Re: Poorboys MF's
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 08:13:00 AM »
Ya, they are a good m/f. I am considering buying some of the ultra plush m/f from pakshak. Anyone use these, and their thoughts on them? Or in general recommend another good m/f I could buy.
........Dude....... Teach me!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 08:20:19 AM »
Ya, they are a good m/f. I am considering buying some of the ultra plush m/f from pakshak. Anyone use these, and their thoughts on them? Or in general recommend another good m/f I could buy.

My thoughts on this.   MF's are a pretty personal thing...I do use the bulk MF's from ADS for windows, door jams etc but when it comes to the surface, I use only the Soft Edge Premium or Awesome towel from Specialty Motoring. 

It "looks" to me that PakShack offers a very similar MF called the MICROPAK 16" x 24" Ultra-Microband Plush Micro Fiber Towel.....I haven't bought any from them but I'll add that there cannot be that many OEM's out there for MF's.  So they could be the same thing.  Based on the two descriptions, they are extremely similar. 

I have been more than happy with what I have received from SM.  I have never asked Scott if they were the same but maybe he'll read this and comment or you could give him a call and ask him.  I suspect they are probably the same if not very similar.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline 05_sprcrw

• Café Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 10:09:57 AM »
sounds good, I am just trying to update my stock. I only have about 4 good m/f that I allow to touch the main body panels. I figure I need to expand my stock just a little bit. And now that I have the flex I want to keep playing with it so more m/f would not hurt there either. Thanks for the info I will look into ordering some of those.

Offline guitarman502

• Café Member
  • Brand Whore
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 10:15:18 AM »
I have about 20 or so Meg's Supreme Shines as my good towels right now.  I want to order a 3 pack of either SM's towels or PakShak towels to give them a try, but i'm afraid to because i'm afraid I will fall in love with them and they get super expensive when buying a bunch of them.  Super expensive compared to the Supreme Shine's.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 11:55:00 AM »
I have about 20 or so Meg's Supreme Shines as my good towels right now.  I want to order a 3 pack of either SM's towels or PakShak towels to give them a try, but i'm afraid to because i'm afraid I will fall in love with them and they get super expensive when buying a bunch of them.  Super expensive compared to the Supreme Shine's.

Scott over at SM is providing a discount....something I worked out with him...if you use "f150online" as a coupon code you will get a discount.  Waiting on Scott to give us a "cafe" discount. 

Hint hint, Scott. 

Maybe I should announce this topic so he reads it.   :thumbsiup:

Offline Val3ntin0

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 12:14:05 PM »

Scott over at SM is providing a discount....something I worked out with him...if you use "f150online" as a coupon code you will get a discount.  Waiting on Scott to give us a "cafe" discount. 

Hint hint, Scott. 

Maybe I should announce this topic so he reads it.   :thumbsiup:

Wish I had known before I got a ton of MFs from else where...now I'm stocked up for the next...probably two years considering the quantity I bought and how frequently I wash/detail our two cars.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 12:20:41 PM »
I will tell you this, I have some of the supreme MF's, the Soft Edge and the Awesome MF are in a whole other league.  Sorry to tell you that based on your investment.  Don't get me wrong, those Megs will do the job for you.  I have about 12 of them but they are used as a back up to my back up MF's. 

As for my bulk stuff, I buy the 16X16 from Rick, I buy the Gold and the Green.  Green is for my camper and Gold is for the house.  That way I know what I am using them for.  Kind of dumb I know but it works for me.

Offline 05_sprcrw

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 01:34:26 PM »
I may just have to order some of the awsome and soft edge towels. Which site do I order from? I know Rick at ADS, but I am not familiar with Scott at SM. Thanks....(sorry for the newbish question, but its been one of those days)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 02:02:12 PM »
I may just have to order some of the awsome and soft edge towels. Which site do I order from? I know Rick at ADS, but I am not familiar with Scott at SM. Thanks....(sorry for the newbish question, but its been one of those days)

SM is Specialty Motoring, you can find them on our "where to get what you need" section or by clicking here.

http://www.specialtymotoring.com/

Before you do order anything, I recommend you chat with Dan or call Scott himself and talk to him about these MF's. 

Offline 05_sprcrw

• Café Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 02:32:37 PM »

SM is Specialty Motoring, you can find them on our "where to get what you need" section or by clicking here.

http://www.specialtymotoring.com/

Before you do order anything, I recommend you chat with Dan or call Scott himself and talk to him about these MF's. 

Sounds good I think I will have to do this tonight. Thanks again for all the help ;D

Offline slopjock78

• Café Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 09:21:45 AM »
I just ordered some of the awesome towels from SM.  gonna give them a try and your recomendation RR.  cant wait to try them out...

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal