General Category > The Soap Box

Why I dislike Zaino

(1/2) > >>

Rollingrock:
Ok, after my little rant and a few shouts, felt I owed to you to discuss why I dislike Zaino so much

First, my experience with the home office.  I called up there a few years ago and talked to some dude and asked him about white paint, and how it would work with it.  I got a bunch of run around and the net of the conversation was, "not really designed for light or white but it will look good...what products do you want"?

Secondly, I had a neighbor in my old hood and was super hard on his paint.  Would go to the coin wash, use the brush, use cotton to dry then drive home and sit in his drive way and apply layer after layer of Zaino...and it looked like you needed a chemistry degree to mix some of the products wtih the activator etc. 

Lastly. 

The folks that drive by the detail sections or forums and post of great reflecto shots and claim "ITS THE BEST PRODUCT EVER"  And you all know how much I personally love reflecto shots.  They look good, why not right? 

Where I see Zaino making a big difference is after correction.  No question it would be a good product to use...I am just jaded by all the hype. 

Ok, off my soap box. 

Obsessive Detail:
I agree with everything you are saying as well. 

There are a couple of forums (which I won't mention) where people think that Zaino is the only product out there and nothing else even compares.  I won't argue about the protection because the durability is excellent.  As far as looks, I think it gives a plastic look, I just don't care for it.  I don't like how you have to mix products and so on....
Everyone has their own opinion, Zaino just isn't for me.

I did use Zaino quite a bit in the past, back then I thought it was really awesome, I just hadn't tried to many other products besides Megiuars and Mothers.  When I first started selling detailing products I think I carried Poorboys, ClearKote, and Optimum, Stoner and so on......I gave Zaino a call about possibly becoming a distributor for them, I had a lot of experience with the products and thought I could sell their stuff.  They asked me if I carried any other brands, I told them what I carried.  They basically told me that they wanted me to carry Zaino and ditch the other products in order to become a distributor.  I've had a bad attitude toward them ever since then.

Kitzy:

--- Quote from: Obsessive Detail on January 10, 2009, 07:10:34 PM ---They basically told me that they wanted me to carry Zaino and ditch the other products in order to become a distributor.  I've had a bad attitude toward them ever since then.

--- End quote ---

That's pretty lame.  That makes me think their products don't sell themselves and that they can't compete on the level.  I get tired of seeing people say "Black=Zaino".  That really irritates me.  I just don't say anything because I figure to each his own, right.  What works for one person might not work for another.  Which is usually why I try to recommend different combinations that might work.  Especially when it comes to LSPs. 

hwm3:
I agree with everything in this thread. Zaino has great durability, but is a pain to use.

Also, Zaino doesn't always play well with other products.

Rollingrock:
Thanks guys, sorry if I came off like an ass on the other site....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version