April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: How OCD are you. Let's hear it!  (Read 12632 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
How OCD are you. Let's hear it!
« on: January 04, 2009, 01:23:17 PM »
I've heard stiries from some of you on the "other site."  These threads usually get a couple good laughs.  Not car related but can be detail related.  I got this idea the weekend before Christmas.  I risked life and limb and went to the mall with the girlfriend.  She had to go to a few stupid stores that I otherwise won't step foot in.  Jewelry stores, Bath and Body Works, etc.  I picked up a couple of things off the shelf for her and proceeded to pull all the products back to the front of the shelf so the shelf still looked nice and neat.  I stopped for a second and though to myself, "What the hell are you doing?"  I even walk around and straighten things out that others have put back on the shelf crooked.

Similar Story.  I was at Best Buy the one day looking for a DVD and the rack was a disaster.  It was a special interest movie, Teckademics movie I think.  That section for some reason is always a disaster.  Anyway, I ripped the entire shelf apart, maybe 20 feet long and 5 or 6 rows tall, and cleaned it all up.  One of the employees walked down the aisle as I was finishing up and just looked at me and said, "I've been trying to do that for a long time, you looking for a job." 

One last one.  I have over 40 gig of music on my computer, over 9000 songs.  The naming format was very inconsistent between songs and cds.  I went through all 9000+ songs one by one and renamed them to make them consistent.  Then, after I got my first ipod and downloaded itunes, I had to go back through all 9000+ songs in itunes because itunes obviously doesn't use the file name to display the songs.  I first loaded everything to my ipod and I ended up with multiple folders for the same artist because the artist's name in itunes had an extra space or something stupid that I didn't see.  I couldn't have that.  So back at it again, but this time only the files that needed it.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline LsuSuperCrew

• Café Member
Re: How OCD are you. Let's hear it!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »
I can't count the amount of hours I have in my MP3 collection. I had the same problems with artist names with extra spaces, missing song titles, missing album titles. Once all that was taken care of then it was on to finding and inserting all the album art work, couldn't have music playing on my ipod without the artwork showing.

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:41:57 PM »
I will rearrange the dish washer as my wife is loading it, I detail my golf cart every spring, and I have used QD on my dads Honda generator because it was dusty.
Good enough never is

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 06:05:40 PM »
I recall one of these threads before...always fun.

I am OCD about somethings and then again I am a slob at others.  My office is a wreck...my work PC desktop icons are out of control.

However:
I have been knows the use HD on extension cords
In my beer fridge in the garage, all lables are front facing and in order/rows
My iMac is nice and neat no clutter in the Doc or Desktop

Ok that is to name a few but will give it more thought and post up some stuff later.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 06:30:12 PM »

I am OCD about somethings and then again I am a slob at others.  My office is a wreck...my work PC desktop icons are out of control.

However:
I have been knows the use HD on extension cords
In my beer fridge in the garage, all lables are front facing and in order/rows
My iMac is nice and neat no clutter in the Doc or Desktop

Ok that is to name a few but will give it more thought and post up some stuff later.

That one's pretty good.  I do that all the time with things.  In my detailing cabinet, all of the bottles with sprayers are forward facing at as close to the same angle as possible to the front of the shelf while the sprayers are all turned on the bottle to be identical to the rest of them.  So sprayer angeld the same on every bottle according to the front label and every bottle has the front label forward facing.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 08:54:15 PM »
Back when I used to have an annual "Pre-Christmas Party & Cocktail Capacity Test", most of my guests would bring flat blade screwdrivers. Why? Because they knew that all of the screws holding the outlet and switch plates in my house were perfectly indexed straight up and down. Man, that made for a mess to straighten out the next day!

I've actually got more, but I'm too ashamed.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 09:27:56 PM »
It's funny how when you hear certain things it makes you laugh because you know you do things similar.  When putting things back together, say tightening a bolt, I'll try my hardest, usually without damage, to try and get the head of the bolt or nut in a certain direction.  That's hilarious that guests will do that though. 

Another thing.  This is kind of weird I guess, but when I shower, I clean the top of my shampoo bottle off from all of the shampoo that gets trapped in the cap.  What's worse is I have an old toothbrush in there for cleaning my fingernails real good on real dirty days at work that I use to make sure I get all the shampoo off.   :hammer:

Offline Zaairman

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 11:30:24 AM »
Anytime my boat is sitting still, I am wiping water off of it.  Yes, in the water.  As soon as I launch the boat, as I idle over to the dock, I wipe the boat down with Meguiar's boat spray wax.  I will actually get on the bow of my boat and wipe it down.  I'm the only one in the boat mind you. 
I use tire shine on my boat trailer, including the spare tire. 
I've waxed my boat trailer before. 
I've buffed a cell phone before. 
Shampoo, gel, shave cream, and other bottles must be gunk free. 
I'd like to re-arrange my music in a better order, but I'm not motivated enough to do that. 
I will always have the cleanest work boots out in the shop.  Guaranteed. 
2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4. 
- Nowhere near stock
1997 Chevy Cavalier "Type R"
- $350 race car
1973 Tahiti 16' Sidewinder

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 01:07:50 PM »
And what's so weird about doing that stuff to your boat? The first thing I do after I toss the hook at the beach is wipe the whole boat and motor boat down. When I crawl out on the deck to pull the hook up at the end of the day, I wipe the deck down on the way back to the cockpit. And as for the trailer, I've polished mine before - and it's galvanized!

:hs:

Offline FireFighter

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 04:03:36 PM »

I am OCD about somethings and then again I am a slob at others. <snip>

Same here...

I am insanely OCD about things like my bookshelf, certain drawers in my desk, and the INSIDE of my truck. Living in seattle made me give up on the outside until I get home or whenever I can go wash it somewhere.

I've been known to do things like use #16 on the #16 can... and to use Plast-X on my Oakleys... things like that...

I might post more later... I'm listening to Professor Ebru talk about Riemann sums... ugh... boring. And easy thankfully...
"Destroy all that which is evil, So that which is good may Flourish" (BDS)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 04:31:58 PM »
... and to use Plast-X on my Oakleys... things like that...

How'd that work for you?  Was it on the lenses and were they polarized?

Offline FireFighter

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 05:43:27 PM »
Worked great. They are polarized I think, but from what I understand the polarized layer is sandwiched between the layers of plastic or something...

I've also done the frames... Worked like a champ...

and I've plast-X'd my clear shades (non polarized of course)... Worked like a champ removing little marring from wiping off nasties all the time...
"Destroy all that which is evil, So that which is good may Flourish" (BDS)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 09:28:33 PM »
... and to use Plast-X on my Oakleys... things like that...

How'd that work for you?  Was it on the lenses and were they polarized?

Many of the new Oakley lens have coatings on them, i wouldn't use plastix on them....If you have polarized, you won't anymore.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 09:47:37 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 09:50:11 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of.

i am really tough on my glasses, I go through lens like nobodys business. 

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal