* Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Anyone dump their House phone and go Cell only?  (Read 8317 times)

Offline BigRed150

• Café Member
  • Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast....
Re: Anyone dump their House phone and go Cell only?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 02:02:20 PM »

Thanks guys for all the input. The reception at my place is great. The USB modem works great. Mentally can't get past having no land line. I've had one for 45+ years. Also giving the kids a cell is ok by me, but my better half is reluctant..

:fight:  :punch: and to top it off, it is month end week here, and all hell is breaking loose trying to get all the orders out. Trying to ship $1 Million in product by tomorrow afternoon. 15% of my crew is sick or out today, so we are getting our arse kicked :BE:  :thump:  :rant: All in all, I'm glad to have the orders to ship in the current economy but it will be a wild ride until Sat afternoon  :sblah:
My Detailing Creed:
Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast

(borrowed from the Movie 'Shooter')

Offline BigRed150

• Café Member
  • Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast....
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 02:10:38 PM »

Ok, so my broadband service will start tomorrow. Didn't dump the landline, but reduced it to the lowest plan. I tracked our cell usage the last couple months, and we barely use 25% of our plan, so switching to cell should be ok. 28k hookup is gone!!! Back from the stone-age  :clap:

My Detailing Creed:
Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast

(borrowed from the Movie 'Shooter')

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 06:22:27 PM »
it works well for some ..

If you are in a hurricane prone area, you are crazy to not have a land line.  AT&T service was back up within 24 hours of Ike hitting ..   The cell phones didn't start working correctly for almost two weeks.  You could call out, but no one could call in to you ..

Cable took over a week.   we switched back to AT&T land line service as soon as we could .

I have ADT for my security (I hate Brinks), and we have cell service for it, so it doesn't use out phone line at all.
================

Doug

Offline Mike2301

• Café Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 08:08:05 PM »
you make a good point- while manufacturers of the phones are going crazy adding features and toys- one major oversight is that there are still many places in which our cells dont get service or loose reception.

Im still wrestling with the Samsung Juke I bought last winter- it seemed like a good idea- mp3 and phone in one...

But after using it for awhile, the screen is too small to read, too small to view txt or pic messages...Im absolutely stuck for the next year and a half unless I pay full retail price from Verizon to buy a different phone- and that price is around $499 :rant:

I had the env and i went through like 8 of them, 3 within 3 weeks. They decided they would finally give me an upgrade (ENV2 yippe) but failed to mention it would use my upgrade. I absolutely hated that phone and had to have a new phone after going through 2. I sucked it up and brought a black berry full retail.

That new every 2 is bs. Within 2 months your NEW phone is old technology. 20 vs 24? Man that's still about 2 years  :wtf:
A Perfect Shine Everytime!

* Recent Photos

100_2366.JPG

Views: 1
By: BigSur

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal