April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: is it a LSP, or do you normally top it with a LSP???  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Les22

• Café Member
is it a LSP, or do you normally top it with a LSP???
« on: September 24, 2008, 01:31:28 PM »
What is your opinion of PB Black Hole?

I have a few swirls on my truck, and rather than pulling out the extension cords and machine every time I get mulch and a few new imperfections, i was considering Black Hole.

Does it actually glaze over minor flaws until you get time to completely remove them as advertised?  It also seems like the kind of product to use on my 16 year old nephews first car- dark green- who doesnt particularly care to put the effort into keeping the paint swirl free

Do you top this or is this strictly considered a LSP?

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: is it a LSP, or do you normally top it with a LSP???
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 01:38:03 PM »
What is your opinion of PB Black Hole?

I have a few swirls on my truck, and rather than pulling out the extension cords and machine every time I get mulch and a few new imperfections, i was considering Black Hole.

Does it actually glaze over minor flaws until you get time to completely remove them as advertised?  It also seems like the kind of product to use on my 16 year old nephews first car- dark green- who doesnt particularly care to put the effort into keeping the paint swirl free

Do you top this or is this strictly considered a LSP?

I think the concealing property is pretty minimal..to me the product is more of a "in between" a full detail.

In addtion, it does darken up colors...I also think that PB QW+ does the same thing but BH does add some pop and deepens the color.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Les22

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 01:50:05 PM »
is it worth the $15 for my described use or would you recommend I save my money and do some paint correction each time I see swirls or buy a different product to help conceal in between?

Offline Val3ntin0

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 02:17:10 PM »
I absolutely love PB's Black Hole. I use it on my black truck and have used it once on a red Jeep. The outcomes are phenominal, at least in my noobie opinion. Really easy to use, smells nice, and comes off easily. It gives it a really nice deep, wet look. I do however follow up with EX-P as my LSP. I'm almost 100% sure that the label on the BH bottle says to follow it up with a product such as EX-P. I can't vertify that as I'm at work though.

As a side note, if all goes well and you can wait a few days, I'm going to detail my black F-150 and my new gray CX-7 this weekend. If time and arm strength permits, both will be treated with BH and EX-P. I say arm strength as I don't own a DA... I'll take some before and after pictures and post them up. 

Offline Chris@GlimmerGlass

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • GlimmerGlassDetailing.com
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 06:31:20 PM »
2nd. I'd also say to follow w/ a lsp. BH does a pretty good job of concealing too imo. If you're working by hand, I'd just say to use BH. If using a machine, go w/ a light polish. Just my .02

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal