* Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: I can't seem to catch a break  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
I can't seem to catch a break
« on: April 04, 2023, 11:27:36 PM »
I know I am distracted by life right now, so much going on.   But wanted to pass along this.  My mother passed away at 3:57 am on March 31st.  I was at her side for her last breath.  Hardest thing I have ever done.   I did want to take a moment and share her obit with you all.    Sorry to be a Debbie downer but we are dealing with a lot of stuff right now.

Tommye Lynn Alexander of Fort Smith, Arkansas crossed over to be with our Lord on March 31, 2023 with her oldest son, Bill Priakos, Jr. and youngest son, Jason Priakos by her side. She was born August 23, 1943 in Star City, where she grew up with her sister and two brothers on their family farm.

In school, Tommye was a majorette, a star athlete, voted "best looking" in her class and class valedictorian. Tommye was active in pageants and among many honors given she was crowned Miss Dumas and "Miss Congeniality" in Miss Arkansas. She attended the University of Arkansas and was a member of the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority. While raising her children in Fort Smith, she was an avid tennis player and excelled in match play around the city at various locations.

Tommye is joining her loved ones who preceded her in death, father, G. D. Smith, Jr.; mother, Ernestine Holthoff Smith; 2 brothers, G.D. "Buddy" Smith, III and Terry "T.R." Smith, and her husband, Dr. Kent Alexander.

Tommye will be forever adored and remembered by her children, Bill Priakos, Jr. (Regan) of Southlake, Texas, Kristian Priakos of Arkadelphia, Arkansas and Jason Priakos (Christie) of Aurora, Texas. She will continue to shape the lives of her grandchildren William, Ainsley, Mallory and Nicholas through her eternal love for them. Her memories and stories will continue to be treasured and retold by her sister Claudette Hunnicutt (Don). Memories of Tommye will also be cherished by her many nieces, nephews, and great nephew.

The family will celebrate their love as they lay Tommye to rest in Star City, Arkansas on Saturday April 8, 2023 at 2:00PM at Leek Cemetery with Bro. Elwin Ollar officiating. A visitation will be held Saturday from 12:00PM until 1:30PM at Griffin Funeral Service Chapel in Star City.

In lieu of flowers, please consider making a donation to Me Squared Cancer Foundation:

Https://mesquaredcancerfoundation.org/Tommye-Lynn-Smith-Alexander/

Me Squared is a wonderful foundation providing education and financial assistance to newly diagnosed adults. Your donation will help give hope to those on their journey.

Arrangements by Griffin Funeral Service in Star City, AR. Online guestbook at www.griffinfuneralservice.net.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 11:42:51 PM by Rollingrock »
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: I can't seem to catch a break
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 05:24:49 AM »
Jason I saw this on Facebook.  My deepest condolences, bud.  I typed up a comment and then deleted it a couple times because it sounded cliche and I always feel like no one needs that.  Losing a loved one is probably one of the worst things that can happen and leaves you feeling absolutely lost and helpless.  Occupy yourself by taking care of the ones around you but make sure to take some time to yourself to reflect on her life and all of the good that there was.  Talk about her often and if it’s seems like missing her is too much at times think about what she would want for you. 

Reading the obituary I am assuming it was cancer based on the donation request.  Cancer scares the hell out of me because I’ve watched what it did to very important people in my life and so don’t wish it on anyone. 

My thoughts are with you, Jason.  Keep your head up.  We are always here for you. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 02:43:20 PM »
Thanks Mike

Yes she died from complications due to Cancer.  She had it beat last year, and it came back and the treatments were to much.  She was in the hospital and came home to in home hospice and died 24 hours after coming home.  It was sad and hard to watch.   Just glad there is no more pain and suffering.   She is in a better place. 

RR

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 05:02:29 PM »
JP,

So sorry to hear about your mom passing. I lost both of my parents a while back. My heart passed when I was in my early 30's of a heart attack and my mom passed about 10 years ago. Seeing my dad go was the absolute hardest thing I've ever been through. He never got to meet my son, or my grandkids and I know how much he would have loved them.

The best thing about my parents was the way they brought me up. I remember them every day and try to do the same things for my kids. I'm pretty sure you do the same. So, they live on. Again, my deepest condolences.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 09:45:33 PM »
I’m so very sorry to hear Jason. I hope you can take even a little bit of time to process the event.

It’s a very very difficult thing to deal with. I also lost my mom to Cancer and holy was it tough for me.

Never hesitate to call or text if you need anything or just want to chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 09:55:00 PM »
JP,

Sorry to hear this, our thoughts are with you.

I apologize for the delay, I have been out of town and not checking in.

Let us know if we can do anything for you and the family

Steve
Steve

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 07:27:31 AM »
Jason, I am so sorry for your loss. There is nothing I can say to make dealing with this easier. I lost my Mom to cancer as well and it's not something you can prepare for but it does get easier. If you want to talk I'm here.
Good enough never is

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2023, 08:51:58 AM »
Thanks for the notes guys, things are getting back to normal some....whatever that means

We are still dealing with the estate and will be through June/July.   

RR

* Recent Photos

Hello

Views: 4
By: Old Dogg™

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal