March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: My absence teaser  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
My absence teaser
« on: November 22, 2021, 12:20:28 AM »
I realize I am several months behind.  Not happy about it.   Been dealing with a lot of stuff.  I have so much to share but I need to catch up with y’all’s posts and life events first.    I can’t believe I have totally spaced as much as I have.  Been dealing with a lot of shit at home and with work.  Mike I am so proud for you and Casey.    Brotherly proud Mike and I mean that.      I know this has been a journey for both already and I'm so glad to see you guys growing and making it official.   Again so proud and my heart is full of joy for you both.   

A new project I am working on. (Pic attached)  I will be in our current camper over the holiday and my plan is to try and catch up at the Cafe in the evenings    We are camping Tuesday through Sunday in Bentonville AR.    We are riding and filming for the channel.    Hope to get caught back up on all the fun stuff you all are doing.    Stay tuned. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 12:27:12 AM by Rollingrock »
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: My absence teaser
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 12:28:08 AM »
Glad you are having fun! I like the looks of that rig!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 12:51:08 AM »

Sadly, I wish it was all fun to report but its a pile of dog poo...with the sporadic blessing and fun.

As for this pic, its not a done deal, I have made an offer on it.  But I have yet to explain the what and why of this.   Hint.....think "overland".

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 07:44:58 AM »

JP,

Glad to see that you have broken cover. We fully understand how busy you have been. Sorry to hear it's not all been "good busy," but that's just life. Can't wait to hear from you whilst sequestered in the trailer!

Tom

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 08:21:51 PM »
Jason, I appreciate that, bud! 

So the second I saw that trailer, I thought overland.  A small little camper like that can really take you places and be a lot of fun.  I’ve thought about it in the future.  I look forward to seeing what you do with it if you get it. 

How’s the mountain biking going?  I haven’t had any notifications for YouTube from you.  Maybe YouTube just decided to stop notifying me. 

How are the wife and kids?  Kids all grown and married now?  Haha

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 12:43:18 AM »

So the second I saw that trailer, I thought overland.  A small little camper like that can really take you places and be a lot of fun.  I’ve thought about it in the future.  I look forward to seeing what you do with it if you get it. 

How’s the mountain biking going?  I haven’t had any notifications for YouTube from you.  Maybe YouTube just decided to stop notifying me. 

Love the response.  Made me giggle some.  I have had a couple of hundred notes about our channel.  Here is the confession and I will make this public but, I have totally ruined the last 4 EPIC trips bc I aimed the cameras wrong.  The footage is just useless unless you want to hear me talk about crap you can't see on camera b.c i am a jack ass.   I am more than pissed about it, lets not talk about it again. 

Gents, in the order of the Bags of shit I am dealing with, here is a run down list of the topics I want to share with you all.  (When I am allowed to by LAW ......on a couple of them )

1.  City Council.   Holy shit.  Not sure where to begin but our little town is going to be making the news soon and not a in a good way.  I can't speak about it here due to a pending investigation by the Texas Rangers.  (NO SHIT)
1.A I want to invite you all to a zoom call so I can explain this once it is over. 
1.B. We are having to meet every week for City Council for the past 4 months due to this investigation 
1.C. Please know, that this investigation isn't for any current Council members but a person formally on our staff.
1.D.  IT'S BAD

2.  My Daughter and her struggles as a Sr in HS. (This is actually bigger than #1 but I am too lazy to make the changes on the post.).
3.  My job and our company.   Holy crap, what a rollercoaster ride this has been going public.
4.  Our YouTube channel and the lack of awesome content.   
5.  See #1,2,3,4

Oh and I still need to get this flipping dent removed from my truck.    UGH, I hate looking at it, just don't have time.   Per #3

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 07:25:48 AM »

Love the response.  Made me giggle some.  I have had a couple of hundred notes about our channel.  Here is the confession and I will make this public but, I have totally ruined the last 4 EPIC trips bc I aimed the cameras wrong.  The footage is just useless unless you want to hear me talk about crap you can't see on camera b.c i am a jack ass.   I am more than pissed about it, lets not talk about it again. 

Gents, in the order of the Bags of shit I am dealing with, here is a run down list of the topics I want to share with you all.  (When I am allowed to by LAW ......on a couple of them )

1.  City Council.   Holy shit.  Not sure where to begin but our little town is going to be making the news soon and not a in a good way.  I can't speak about it here due to a pending investigation by the Texas Rangers.  (NO SHIT)
1.A I want to invite you all to a zoom call so I can explain this once it is over. 
1.B. We are having to meet every week for City Council for the past 4 months due to this investigation 
1.C. Please know, that this investigation isn't for any current Council members but a person formally on our staff.
1.D.  IT'S BAD

2.  My Daughter and her struggles as a Sr in HS. (This is actually bigger than #1 but I am too lazy to make the changes on the post.).
3.  My job and our company.   Holy crap, what a rollercoaster ride this has been going public.
4.  Our YouTube channel and the lack of awesome content.   
5.  See #1,2,3,4

Oh and I still need to get this flipping dent removed from my truck.    UGH, I hate looking at it, just don't have time.   Per #3

Wow, and I thought I was sort of busy. Ok, maybe not really all that busy. Somehow, the retired life is feeling a bit better right now. Hang in there JP!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 11:15:06 PM »
Geez, hang in there Jason.

My company is in the process of being acquired by a public company and it’s a bit nuts some of the calls that I’m on. I’m glad I just get a taste of it and not really the brunt.

Focus on family dude and ride the wave!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 08:06:55 AM »
Jason, that all sounds crazy.  Hang in there.  The one that jumps out at me was your daughter.  Things are so crazy anymore, and it’s so different for kids than it was back when Any of us were in school.  Hopefully she isn’t having too hard of a time and it’s something she can work through and be better off from it. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2021, 01:51:36 AM »
Just keep battling JP.  You will get through it.  Will think good thoughts for your daughter.  HS can suck, for sure.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 11:54:00 PM by gipraw »
================

Doug

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2021, 09:38:17 PM »
Thank you guys.  When we got up to Bentonville, we got pretty busy, every min of every day was occupided and I just didn't have the energy to give you all a better summation of what is been going on.  That said, I did enjoy almost a week of riding and riding with my son who is still a very new rider, but also with some great friends.  This trip, I was able to ride all Park Riding (jumplines and gravity lines) and did ZERO cross country.   Also managed to meet a lot of people I follow on IG and learned a lot while there.    Here are a couple of photos my wife too.  I have around 10 vids to get uploaded to the channel but I am having issues with Final Cut Pro turning my gopro vids in to 1080p and not 4K...I have to solve this soon.   And I promise to give everyone an update.   BTW Here is an update, I passed on that 6x12 trailer.  They wanted 17.5K for it and I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money for what it is.   I think it is around 7K over priced.  So I told them I was passing.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 09:42:08 PM by Rollingrock »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 07:21:40 AM »
That price seems a bit crazy to me.  Good luck to the seller. 

Those are awesome shots your wife got.  Very cool. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 11:24:29 PM »
Great pics! You fly higher than I dare to these days!

The prices of any “Overlanding” is absolutely crazy. I can’t even buy a 8x16ft enclosed trailer with a simple flip out bed and awning for under $15k.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2021, 03:44:10 PM »
Wow, I have no excuses compared to Jason...   :wow:

New job with a neglected territory and quick turn to being bought by a PE company.
Steve

* Recent Photos

IMG_3201.JPG

Views: 2
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal