Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Herbie the Rescue Pit Bull  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Herbie the Rescue Pit Bull
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2021, 01:06:00 PM »
Awesome! I really wish that there wasn't so much stigma around that breed. They are outright banned in some cities up here.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2021, 06:58:18 AM »
Full disclosure. Stella, Herbie and I got to spend some quality time with gesfour and his family the other day. As he said, his daughter totally fell in love with Herbie. It was heartwarming to see the two of them together just enjoying each other's company.

As for pit bulls having a bad rap, I agree. It's very sad and generally untrue. Herbie is a great ambassador for the breed and has changed more than a few people's minds about how mean pit bulls supposedly are. He's quite possibly the sweetest dog I've ever met.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2021, 01:32:32 PM »
I grew up with Rottweilers and totally understand. One of my Sisters used to show them and since I was quite a bit younger than her, she would always invite me along to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2021, 07:15:35 PM »
So I got a call from Cassie while I was at work on Monday.  She said she was taking Opie to the vet because she walked in to what looked like a murder scene.  Blood all over the house and all over his face and on Bowie.  I had just gotten back to our shop from Philadelphia and booked it out of there and met her at the vet.  Opie somehow managed to slice his ear clean through about an inch and a half long.  Looked kind of like a snakes tongue.  There was blood the length of the house and chest height up the walls and cabinet.  The refrigerator.  The doors.  Put him under, stitched him up and sent him back home.  Eleven stitches and he gets to wear a cone for 3 weeks.  He had a rough first day and a half but he’s back to playing and plowing through the house with zero Fs to give.  I’ll see if I can post the video of him in the yard. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2021, 07:21:28 PM »

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2021, 12:32:31 PM »
Ouch! Both the ear and your nuts after he ran into you. (Herbie does the same thing to me.) Any idea what he cut it on?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2021, 06:48:01 PM »
Ouch! Both the ear and your nuts after he ran into you. (Herbie does the same thing to me.) Any idea what he cut it on?
No idea what caused it.  We immediately assumed Opie and Bowie got in to a fight while we were gone but the vet said she highly doubts it as it looks like a slice and not from a tooth.  It also didn’t appear that he was bleeding long before Cassie got home because there wasn’t any in the living room where they spend a good chunk of their time.  Between that and the fact that when Cassie got home, Bowie was outside on the side porch for a while while Opie was inside (saw it on the cameras), means it likely happened as he got excited and got up to greet Cassie.  Vet said it would have bled a lot and instantly.  Doggie door is one suspect.  The bottom is magnetic with a strip of metal but to me it’s too smooth with rounded corners to have done that.  We did find an exposed nail in the trim near the basement door which is a favorite spot for Opie to lay.  So maybe Bowie barked when he hears Cassie and Opie jumped up and snagged his ear?  Those are best guesses. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2021, 06:41:01 PM »
Glad he is on the mend! Sounds like you guys had a mess to clean up!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2021, 07:05:43 PM »
Glad he is on the mend! Sounds like you guys had a mess to clean up!

That’s the mud room.  Half of the damn house looked like that.  I was the lucky one who got to clean it up while Cassie waited at her moms house for Opie to come out of his procedure.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2021, 08:09:23 AM »
Good thing JP wasn't there to help you clean up. All of that blood would be replaced with Hyperdressing.  :funny:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2021, 04:03:11 PM »
You can’t keep this dog down.  He’s so annoying if he doesn’t get his play time.  Cassie ordered him a special donut to use instead of the cone when we are home.  He’s destroying the cone anyway because he’s insanely reckless and doesn’t seem to care if he destroys the house every time he moves anywhere in the house.  I zoomed in on one of the pics because you can see his stitches pretty clear.  Atleast how long the cut was. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2021, 04:43:17 PM »
Ouch! That hurts just to look at it!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2021, 02:16:37 PM »
Great thread Tom

Good to see a lotto win!!
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

* Recent Photos

100_2287.JPG

Views: 1
By: BigSur

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal