March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: 2021 Blazer RS  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
2021 Blazer RS
« on: February 05, 2021, 03:06:04 PM »
We have a new member of the family - A 2021 Chevrolet Blazer RS - Color Red Hot ( Original Chevy Color). Sadly the 2009 Pontiac G8 GT Went away.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/qq109/Robby32/IMG_0195.JPG

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/qq109/Robby32/IMG_0207.JPG
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 03:15:40 PM by Robby32 »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: 2021 Blazer RS
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 04:14:04 PM »
I like these.  Visually, it’s a Camaro SUV, which oddly works well in my opinion.  Like a lot of cars anymore, I wish they’d gone with an original name or at least style it more like the original who’s name it bears.  It looks good.  Congrats on the new purchase.  It is a shame the G8 GT had to go away though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 04:29:49 PM »
Thanks Kitzy - The G8 GT as I said is missed it was so quick and with lots of torque (361 hp % 385 lb-ft of torque) 0-60 5.3 sec.

The Blazer is the V6 with 308 hp 270 torque. So it does get up and go.

I like the styling much better than most SUV's. This one is loaded only about 8 options that could be added. Like AWD and Surround cameras.

Was not sure about the color at first but it is a great combination with the Red and Black trim.

:drive:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 04:44:08 PM by Robby32 »

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 03:54:01 PM »
When I got the blazer home the finish was in great shape. The dealer did a very good job in prepping if for delivery. How ever I know it still can have some paint issues so I thought it would be a good idea to do a clay job before putting on any final product.

I fond that my existing clay needed to be replaced so was looking on line for a replacement. I know that it would be at least a 2 step process. But found this one step product Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Quik Clay Kit. It worked great - you just have to make sure that the area you are working is well sprayed down with the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer other wise the Synthetic Clay Pad sticks to the surface. When I was done the finish was smooth, clean and shiny. I then used the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax, as a finish coat. Really looks good don't know how long it will last. I have Bullet Proof on my truck and it is lasting a long time.

:hp:     :drive:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 12:53:34 PM »
Ceramic detailer?  Do they just include ceramic in the name to have it as part of the line or does it actually have any ceramic properties in it? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 04:00:18 PM »
Ceramic detailer?  Do they just include ceramic in the name to have it as part of the line or does it actually have any ceramic properties in it? 

Everything is ceramic or hydrophobic these days... :redneck:
Steve

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 04:41:11 PM »
According to Meguiar's web sit the "Ceramic Quik Clay kit" "contains the detailer which they describe this way "Hybrid Ceramic Detailer lubricates the Synthetic Clay Pad & contains advanced Si02 Hybrid Ceramic protection."

The Ceramic wax is described this way "Meguiar's® Hybrid Ceramic Wax is the answer. With all-new, advanced Si02 hybrid technology you get ceramic protection that's so easy to use, you can actually wax your paint as you rinse off your car."

They suggest you spray on the wax and wipe it down with microfiber for the first coat that serves as a base. After that you can apply after a wash and rinse, then spray the wax and rinse off and dry with microfiber.

The surface os very smooth and shiny. Nothing is sticking to it.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 04:54:20 PM by Robby32 »

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 07:23:08 PM »
According to Meguiar's web sit the "Ceramic Quik Clay kit" "contains the detailer which they describe this way "Hybrid Ceramic Detailer lubricates the Synthetic Clay Pad & contains advanced Si02 Hybrid Ceramic protection."

The Ceramic wax is described this way "Meguiar's® Hybrid Ceramic Wax is the answer. With all-new, advanced Si02 hybrid technology you get ceramic protection that's so easy to use, you can actually wax your paint as you rinse off your car."

They suggest you spray on the wax and wipe it down with microfiber for the first coat that serves as a base. After that you can apply after a wash and rinse, then spray the wax and rinse off and dry with microfiber.

The surface os very smooth and shiny. Nothing is sticking to it.

First of all, congrats on the new ride. She sounds beautiful!

As for the "ceramic coatings" that one simply sprays on and rinses off, I think Meg's (and a number of other folks) are stretching the definition of a ceramic coating just a bit there. (Ok, a lot.) I use a similar product on my vehicles, but it lasts only about a month or two. But since I have a "real" ceramic coating (CQuartz UK) underneath and just use the spray and rinse stuff as a topper, I feel better about it. Just beware.

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 08:23:10 AM »
TS - Thanks for the info.

I will see how long it lasts. I'll use it up and then I have some Bullet Proof to put on. It has lasted a long time on my truck and the car that was traded in.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 09:56:15 AM by Robby32 »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 12:49:43 AM »
Good to see you still floating around the cafe.   

Congrats on the new whip.

I am with Tom here on this one.   And fist off, don't take my word for anything super modern in detailing from me.  I am still old school and moving to more modern but I have planed with some coatings.   From Optimum, to CARRCAR, and now Poorboys.   

I have seen the commercials on YT and videos (Which I tend to troll from time to time) I also see the bigs making sprays.   But does that really count?   If you consider CARR Car's product, it too is a spray but it is activated wtih high pressure water.   You may recall, I used this on jeep and windshield.   It was pretty impressive but as Tom mentioned, that coating is like 6-8 months tops especially on jeeps.    Like i started, I am not the expert on coatings...the others here are way smarter than me. 

RR
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 09:42:41 AM »
Guys -

Thanks for the input.

After I finished with the kit of Ceramic Quik Clay from Meg's the finish was so slick the I thought it would be a waste of time to put on the CAR Bullet Proof that I have. It might not stick or if the base came off so would it. Thus kept with the Meg's. When the Meg's is gone (however long that is) I will put the CAR Bullet Proof on as it has lasted several years on my truck and was also lasting a long time on the car that was traded in for the Blazer.

* Recent Photos

Picture 010.jpg

Views: 2
By: sscully

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal