March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 50321 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #420 on: July 30, 2021, 01:08:29 PM »
Either of you play with LUT's? I can see what looks to be some pretty nice ones to work with, instead of always trying to do color grading manually afterwards. I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but may buy a cheaper set to play with on some footage while on Vacay
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #421 on: July 30, 2021, 02:08:53 PM »
Either of you play with LUT's? I can see what looks to be some pretty nice ones to work with, instead of always trying to do color grading manually afterwards. I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but may buy a cheaper set to play with on some footage while on Vacay
Never used them.  I usually color grade a clip and then copy that color grading and apply it to all other clips that are similar.  If the scene is drastically different then I will color grade that one and likewise apply it to other clips that are similar. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Mt biking video
« Reply #422 on: September 01, 2021, 05:04:21 PM »
90% GoPro and just the landscape and “flyby”
With the Drone.

Had to go back and watch it again.   Adding any drone or gopro sure does add a lot of elements to the rides don't it?   It can be frustrating for me.   Especially in a group.
Quoting you for attention since you didn’t answer me last time I asked.  Haha

Any updates on the 360 camera?  Still using it?  Do you like it?  Is it a gimmick that’s worn off?  Any idea what’s in the pipeline for the next round of 360 cameras?

I’m going out to Zion National Park in Utah in November and will be hiking Angels Landing. I am considering getting one.  I will also likely pick up the GoPro10.  It had a new sensor, bumps to 23mp and somehow managed to improve the stability with Hypersmooth 4.0.

Angels Landing
GoPro Max Lense Mod

https://youtu.be/KjH2hq97iFo

Angels Landing
360 Camera (GoPro Max 360 I think)

https://youtu.be/a5W3F6x3kWU

« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 05:09:56 PM by Kitzy »
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #423 on: September 01, 2021, 10:13:41 PM »
90% GoPro and just the landscape and “flyby”
With the Drone.

Had to go back and watch it again.   Adding any drone or gopro sure does add a lot of elements to the rides don't it?   It can be frustrating for me.   Especially in a group.
Quoting you for attention since you didn’t answer me last time I asked.  Haha

Any updates on the 360 camera?  Still using it?  Do you like it?  Is it a gimmick that’s worn off?  Any idea what’s in the pipeline for the next round of 360 cameras?

I’m going out to Zion National Park in Utah in November and will be hiking Angels Landing. I am considering getting one.  I will also likely pick up the GoPro10.  It had a new sensor, bumps to 23mp and somehow managed to improve the stability with Hypersmooth 4.0.

Angels Landing
GoPro Max Lense Mod

https://youtu.be/KjH2hq97iFo

Angels Landing
360 Camera (GoPro Max 360 I think)

https://youtu.be/a5W3F6x3kWU

Hey Mike

I just haven't put out anything in a couple months...been so totally buried with work.   

Regarding the Insta...i still love it.   It adds time to work flow but I love how I can control it.    For me its not a gimmick, I think we are going to use it more but for the right content.   

I think in some ways it can be better than a GP but i haven't been paying attention, to what GP is doing, I am still kind of pissed at them...   but their shit is solid when it works.   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #424 on: November 27, 2021, 02:44:39 PM »
Jason, when you make your videos, out of curiosity, how big is the file size?  I am currently uploading a video to YouTube as we speak.  I used iMovie because it was readily available and I just wanted to be able to knock out a video relatively quickly.  I noticed it’s a 35Gb file.  Video is under 10 minutes. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #425 on: November 28, 2021, 09:34:52 PM »
Jason, when you make your videos, out of curiosity, how big is the file size?  I am currently uploading a video to YouTube as we speak.  I used iMovie because it was readily available and I just wanted to be able to knock out a video relatively quickly.  I noticed it’s a 35Gb file.  Video is under 10 minutes. 

Hey Mike, that is a massive file.   I am using Final Cut Pro, similar to iMovie but on steroids.  You can pic the file size that you want...I try to keep them as small as they will let me stay in 4K.   You also have to consider that YT will also take up to 72 hours to convert your file to full res.   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #426 on: November 29, 2021, 07:26:08 AM »

Hey Mike, that is a massive file.   I am using Final Cut Pro, similar to iMovie but on steroids.  You can pic the file size that you want...I try to keep them as small as they will let me stay in 4K.   You also have to consider that YT will also take up to 72 hours to convert your file to full res.   
No doubt a huge file.  I was just too lazy to acquire new software.  I just wanted to jump in to recording.  I usually use Divinci Resolve but it has been a. While and I wasn’t prepared to reteach myself how to use it.  I figured iMovie was probably fairly simple.  Which it is, but it’s also not very good.  Things I feel should be straight forward are made a little more complicated than I feel they should be. 

* Recent Photos

IMG_5942.JPG

Views: 4
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal