1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52010 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2021, 10:34:27 PM »
Keep your head up Jason, that sounds crazy.

Good to hear your HAM skills are helping though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah for sure, when I put my name in the hat for City Council and got elected in 2018, I made sure I had all my ARES and FEMA certifications so that I could provide EOC for the County as i knew my competitor couldn't even remotely come close to that feat.   But I sure didn't think I would have to actually use it....ARES got activated on Tuesday so I have been providing EOC comms to and from the municipalities since then.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2021, 04:50:08 PM »
Apparently all the google searching in the world doesn’t tell you that before you hook the GoPro up, you need to turn the camera on and change the connection preferences to MTP.  Then it worked. 

I don't get my vids off the camera that way, its WAY faster if you take the card out and have a reader.   Like 2X faster. 

JP
My reader is standard USB.  I have never taken files off of the GoPro this way before.  It took FOREVER!  It was a 70GB dump.  Damnit, I just realized I need to dump the other GoPro too.  Not sure what I was thinking.  Trying to clear off the cards for my trip to Tennessee.  I leave tomorrow morning. 

This was the first chance I got to really watch any of the footage from my Hero 9.  I look forward to color correcting it.  But I also found that Hyper Smooth definitely has its limitations.  It couldn’t keep up with certain trails I was on and got a little crazy.  If it got bad enough it locked up and skipped and seemed to have to find its legs again.  I have the GoPro mount for the dogs and it didn’t stand a chance at staying smooth.  I’m going to have to try the Mac lense kod just out of curiosity. 

I bought this to read cards and with USBC, if it can move 70 gig in about 10 min

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MXCPJY1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Jason, can you confirm this works with the new MacBook?  I’m reading a lot of issues with these types of products with the new M1 macs.  Some are bricking the MacBooks.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2021, 05:14:32 PM »
For recent Mac buyers -

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/21/tech/mac-mysterious-malware/index.htmlere is a link to CNN site that takes about some malware on Macs with the M1 chip - (chip released in November - about 30000 Macs could be affected.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/21/tech/mac-mysterious-malware/index.html

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: February 21, 2021, 05:53:29 PM »
For recent Mac buyers -

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/21/tech/mac-mysterious-malware/index.htmlere is a link to CNN site that takes about some malware on Macs with the M1 chip - (chip released in November - about 30000 Macs could be affected.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/21/tech/mac-mysterious-malware/index.html
I saw the headlines popping up all over for this but never read any of the articles.  Where exactly is the malware coming from?  How is it reaching g the machines?  I don’t use my computers for anything g except photo and video.  I do t download anything or even really browse anything. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2021, 05:58:43 PM »
Mike -

Article did not say where the origin was - but it was supposed to turn off but doesn't. So it may have bin i original programing or on the chip.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: February 21, 2021, 06:17:59 PM »
Mike -

Article did not say where the origin was - but it was supposed to turn off but doesn't. So it may have bin i original programing or on the chip.
Straight from the factory malware that’s supposed to self destruct and disappear?  Sounds like someone is trying to steal apple account info.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #216 on: February 21, 2021, 07:08:25 PM »
Doing my City Council Civic duties today....handed out 350 cases of water to our residents bc we have no running water.    I am totally sun burned....

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2021, 07:41:47 PM »
Keep up the good work!

And answer my question about that usb hub, damnit.  Haha.  I want to order one but I’m scared.  Haha.  Have you used it on the new MacBook and can confirm it works properly?

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #218 on: February 21, 2021, 07:50:35 PM »
Good work Jason!

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #219 on: February 21, 2021, 07:51:01 PM »
Keep up the good work!

And answer my question about that usb hub, damnit.  Haha.  I want to order one but I’m scared.  Haha.  Have you used it on the new MacBook and can confirm it works properly?

shit sorry may have missed that...are you talking about this?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MXCPJY1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If so, I can 110% that this is legit bad ass.  Works very very well on the new mac

Did I see that you solved the GoPro connection issue?  I can't seem to find that thread, Tapatalk sent me a list of updated threads and when I clicked on it, it wasn't there.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2021, 07:54:15 PM »
Keep up the good work!

shit sorry may have missed that...are you talking about this?

If so, I can 110% that this is legit bad ass.  Works very very well on the new mac

Did I see that you solved the GoPro connection issue?  I can't seem to find that thread, Tapatalk sent me a list of updated threads and when I clicked on it, it wasn't there.
I have solved nothing.  All the GoPro stuff was in this thread. 

That was the hub I was referring to.  Thanks.  Just needed clarification on the new MacBook since there have been a lot of problems with new MacBooks and these hubs. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2021, 08:42:47 PM »
Mike, yes that hub works and works really well man. It is expensive for what it is but it flipping works just fine on mine.

This is the test I was referring too:

"Apparently all the google searching in the world doesn’t tell you that before you hook the GoPro up, you need to turn the camera on and change the connection preferences to MTP.  Then it worked. "

What was that referencing?   This was in an email sent by tapatalk...

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2021, 08:44:16 PM »
Mike, yes that hub works and works really well man. It is expensive for what it is but it flipping works just fine on mine.

This is the test I was referring too:

"Apparently all the google searching in the world doesn’t tell you that before you hook the GoPro up, you need to turn the camera on and change the connection preferences to MTP.  Then it worked. "

What was that referencing?   This was in an email sent by tapatalk...
Oh yeah.  That.  That was for transferring files from the GoPro to the MacBook since I didn’t have a card reader yet. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2021, 08:55:46 PM »
Ah ok, that makes more sense.

pulling the card is seriously the only way to go.  You get the full speed of the USB C...the only limiting factor here is the read write speeds of your cards to your drive or mac HDD.    I moved 75g in like 15 min.   or less, don't recall.   

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2021, 09:34:49 PM »
Well.....I made the paper.  We still don't have water

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

* Recent Photos

IMG_0208.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal