March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52092 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #270 on: March 05, 2021, 01:09:35 PM »
I'm for sure over the hump. Lost a fair bit of weight and now back on the gain, which is good. Still not 100%, but able to walk on the treadmill for 5-7k. I just want to start doing things around the house, but hard when you can't lift more then 10lbs yet. Gonna try and clean up the truck a bit this weekend.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2021, 11:57:30 PM »
 Not sure if it’s on Netflix state-side, but a cool little movie. Some of the shots are just epic.

https://youtu.be/5guNEvmQrcQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2021, 10:02:16 AM »
Not sure if it’s on Netflix state-side, but a cool little movie. Some of the shots are just epic.

I kind of dismissed this after the first 30 seconds because My head was elsewhere but just saw the post again and watched it for real.  That was pretty bad ass.  So is this a Netflix documentary?  Or was it just that short video? 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Mt biking video
« Reply #273 on: March 09, 2021, 10:05:15 AM »
So one thing I really like about Insta360 is they’re not complacent.  They’re innovative.  Even if they’re not developing products that suit my needs and desires I still can appreciate what they’re doing.  Case in point, their new Insta360 Go 2.  I have no use for it but it’s a neat little camera.  Where DJI basically took the GoPro and put their own spin on it, Insta360 seems to go their own direction, for better or for worse.  But what I think happens is it raises the competition level and forces everyone to push the boundaries and get more creative.  Here’s Peter McKinnon’s video on the Go 2.  Why is it that sometimes the video gets embedded and sometimes it’s just a link?  Frustrating.

https://youtu.be/tNfIiqAXc2E

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #274 on: March 09, 2021, 12:06:52 PM »

I kind of dismissed this after the first 30 seconds because My head was elsewhere but just saw the post again and watched it for real.  That was pretty bad ass.  So is this a Netflix documentary?  Or was it just that short video? 

From what I gathered, it was Netflix Sponsored and they have the the sharing rights. Outside of Netflix, this is a common format in the Mtn Biking filming industry though. They do a really good job on the visuals.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #275 on: March 09, 2021, 12:08:28 PM »
So one thing I really like about Insta360 is they’re not complacent.  They’re innovative.  Even if they’re not developing products that suit my needs and desires I still can appreciate what they’re doing.  Case in point, their new Insta360 Go 2.  I have no use for it but it’s a neat little camera.  Where DJI basically took the GoPro and put their own spin on it, Insta360 seems to go their own direction, for better or for worse.  But what I think happens is it raises the competition level and forces everyone to push the boundaries and get more creative.  Here’s Peter McKinnon’s video on the Go 2.  Why is it that sometimes the video gets embedded and sometimes it’s just a link?  Frustrating.

I 100% agree with your point. GoPro sat on their butts for a long time. It is nice to see competition and options out there. I feel the same way about the TRX and the Raptor.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: March 09, 2021, 02:07:21 PM »

I 100% agree with your point. GoPro sat on their butts for a long time. It is nice to see competition and options out there. I feel the same way about the TRX and the Raptor.

That’s a good comparison.  A really good one actually.  Ford spent the time perfecting what they started with, just like GoPro.  Nothing new to blow you away even though the tech is there.  The competition came in with fancy new options and looks.  Ram forced Ford to step up their game.  Now we just need more competitive pricing.  Haha. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #277 on: March 10, 2021, 01:44:57 PM »
GoPros today are flipping amazing.   Insta is catching up. 

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2021, 09:50:25 PM »
holy chit

Watch this....Did GoPro just get leap frogged?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddQcKPrj2bk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: March 14, 2021, 07:08:14 AM »
holy chit

Watch this....Did GoPro just get leap frogged?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddQcKPrj2bk
So props to Insta for these even being comparable.  I don’t think this is exactly apples to apples though.  I’m not entirely surprised by the GoPro footage of him shaking the camera in the beginning.  If I mount line to my dog, the stabilization has a tough time keeping up. I also noticed some pretty rough video out on some rougher trails.  It has its limits.  I just have a really hard time believing it was that far off.  I don’t believe he has these cameras set up similarly.  Some of the field of views seem off for the GoPro as well.  They are far too narrow.  The night shot for instance.  None of these cameras are going to be amazing.  It’s just not happening yet in action cameras and their small sensors.  I also thought the GoPro has more detail.  The colors might not look as realistic out of the box but that’s a very well known fact.  GoPro’s color profile is super saturated.  If you want more realistic you have to use custom settings. 

I just think there might be a little trickery involved in this video.  The comments made me want to check out his channel though.  Supposedly full of epicness. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #280 on: March 14, 2021, 09:07:48 AM »
Something does seem off with this review, I’m not seeing the same thing with my GP being that shaky. As mentioned though, has its limits.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #281 on: March 14, 2021, 10:49:23 PM »
For me, I think its just impressive that insta has come out with something this good so small.

Granted, i still feel GoPro has this market but damn, this is pretty interesting indeed. 

Yes agreed that GoPro has horizon lock dialed in but seeing them side by side, that is pretty impressive given how bit the censors are.   

Keeping my eye on this.  I suspect Insta is coming out with another soon,   

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #282 on: March 14, 2021, 10:54:40 PM »
Totally agree, I’ll be seeing where it goes. Already itching for a second camera to get more dynamic footy.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: March 15, 2021, 11:51:47 AM »
Likely GoPro is coming with something new as well as they’re pretty annual with it.  A new Max 360 shouldn’t be too far away either.  Gopro needs to focus heavily on fixing its glitches.  It will eventually lose its hold on the industry if it doesn’t make strides in innovativeness and dependability. 

While I like that Insta is innovative, I think the money behind DJI and the fact that they pretty much perfected their Osmo Action Cam means they will probably sneak in with something big for their second round.  The Osmo Action is a knockoff of GoPro.  They changed just enough to make it their own but didn’t do anything above or beyond or outside of the box.  They established a customer base and proved their reliability so I think if they take it to the next level now they could really do some damage.  They have the camera tech for sure.  Some of the drone footage and images is insane.  They have always relied on gimbals so if they can figure out a way to excel in stabilization and come up with something new that gets people excited, GoPro may finally be in trouble.  I think Insta is a ways off yet.  Even if not from a technological stand point but rather marketing and it’s customer base.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2021, 09:30:37 AM »
Interesting.  A guy I follow and respect on Facebook did a similar comparison between the Go2 and the 9 Black.  It is closer than I thought.  I can’t help but think though that the whole size thing probably has to do with the screens, the batteries and storage.  Take all of that out and I think you’re left with a much smaller camera.  I think GoPro could achieve the same thing, it just might freeze a bunch and not connect to your phone properly.  Haha

What really interested me was his comment about something replacing his GoPro soon anyway and more comparison videos coming in the near future.  The way he said it made me think they weren’t going to be Go2 comparisons but rather something new.  New Osmo Action maybe? 

https://youtu.be/jWk9S40TUy8

* Recent Photos

IMG_9973.JPG

Views: 2
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal