Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52157 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2021, 09:59:07 PM »
Went riding today and the GoPro’s were awful.  The 9 was fine for most of the ride and then on the way back we took an awesome trail and the 9 just decided to turn itself off after 30 seconds so I missed the entire trail.  Battery still had almost 60% when I got back so it wasn’t the battery. 

The 7 was mounted rear facing and just wanted to keep turning itself off.  I have no idea what it captured yet.  It seemed to freeze up a lot and nothing would work.  I had to pull the battery to shut it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How cold is it out?

At the bottom of the mountain it was a high of 28 degrees Fahrenheit or something.  Supposedly the windchill up around the top was in the negatives. 

Windchill won’t make a lick of difference, but odd to see them fail at those temps. Heck my old 3+ was on my sled helmet @100mph and it was like -15.

Yeah I don’t think it had anything to do with the cold.  I’m not sure what the problem is.  I’m just super disappointed that I missed the beat part of the ride.  I will say it was really cold at the top of the mountain though.  We ended up calling it a day and went back to camp.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2021, 08:22:57 PM »
How’s it going down there Jason?

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2021, 10:42:23 PM »
How’s it going down there Jason?

Thanks for asking Mike, its a real shit show man.   I don't even know where to begin.   At this point, we are just trying to minimze damange.  Lost water for 72 hours...Well is also frozen and useless as back up.    Gas pressure is super low and house temps are 60-65 but warmig up as pressure is coming back.   No lose of power for us but everything around us is out...there is not gas, no LP, no water...stores are out of food...currently I can't get out of my drieway. My main door is frozen shut.   That said, my truck is plugged i and it starts really fast.  We don't get above freezing until mid day Sat at best.  Mostly worried about pool and pool pumps.    We also lost water in our master shower...we've had a heater in there for 6 days and just now getting a trickle out of it.  Its very odd.  Sorry to be scattered but we have one issue after another and sadly. my work really doesn't give a shit, I am booked solid on calls, its very frustrating.  Also as City Council, I have received 200 emails+ from residents all asking for help yet there isn't anything I can do for them.   

Very frustrating and stressfull.     Yesterday morning, it was -6.   NEVER have we seen this in Texas in my 30 years of leaving here. 
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2021, 11:20:14 PM »
Stay safe JP, that sounds like a handful and then some.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2021, 09:12:08 AM »
Damn, Jason.  Hang in there. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2021, 02:45:15 PM »
Thanks guys

My first attempt at a 360 video. Its tricky to learn and the first clips are not my best work, I figured it out as I went along, the second half is better.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT_1paoanoE

Ryan, how you feeling dude?   

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2021, 06:32:20 PM »
Good vid! I like that I can see the progression of your editing.

I’m hanging in there, today was a rough day, but still better than being in the hospital.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2021, 12:07:57 PM »
Good vid! I like that I can see the progression of your editing.

I’m hanging in there, today was a rough day, but still better than being in the hospital.

Sorry man, hope you can turn the corner soon.   

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #203 on: February 20, 2021, 01:27:04 PM »
JP - Hope all is OK now that Texas is melting. No broken pipes, heat on, food supply OK, etc.
Talked to your former neighbor this week and she was doing OK in Keller. Had heat and power, boiling water.

Blown F-150 - Also hope you are doing better. I had surgery almost 3 years ago first couple of weeks were not fun but all turned out OK

:drive:

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2021, 03:48:32 PM »
Thanks, slowly getting better. Can’t wait until I can pick up my little girl again.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2021, 06:11:43 PM »
We have no city water right now.....our well blew up...but I got it back online but we have major issues in the city.   I have been working with FEMA and was ARES EIC activated

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2021, 07:34:50 PM »
Wow.  Sorry to hear that.  I don’t like seeing anyone go through what you guys are going through down there.  The same way you aren’t equipped to deal with the crap we are, we aren’t prepared for the stuff you get.  Excessive heat and some of the crazy storms wreak havoc on us up here when we get it.  It’s no fun.  Thinking about you guys and hoping for the best. 

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2021, 07:58:01 PM »
Wow, what a mess.

Our thoughts on things turning around.
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2021, 08:06:56 PM »
Thanks guys

Its a total mess down here.   we are still out of water, but with our well back, I can at least fill toilets if needed.   Its not filtered so I would prefer not to drink it.

I have been bouncing from City Hall to the house, handing out cases of water to our residents and working with FEMA who was a no show today.  We have an army of residents with pick ups ready to off load the FEMA trailer so we can hand out to residents.   They called about 20 min ago, said no go for today.  The neighboring town just had Fort Worth tie into their water system so if they get their tanks full, they may release water back to us.  But we'll still be under boil notice until a few days go by.   Its flipping crazy man.   Never seen anything like this and there are 254 counties in Texas, EVERY single one of them is declared a disaster.   So I am on the Ham radio talking with EOC desk and working with the City to help coordinate relief efforts.  I am totally exhausted.   Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers guys.  Its not terrible but it has really shown me who's who in our town, some refuse to help and only want help and there are others who drop everything to help.   Its disappointing but nice to see the help.   

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2021, 09:52:34 PM »
Keep your head up Jason, that sounds crazy.

Good to hear your HAM skills are helping though.

* Recent Photos

8.jpg

Views: 2
By: jkilmurray

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal