1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: New Doggie  (Read 3617 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
New Doggie
« on: November 23, 2020, 03:27:49 PM »
Well guys and girls, we have a new family member in our house. Herbie is a 2 year old Pit Bull rescue from South Carolina. He was found chained to a tree with another dog - who was dead. He was malnourished, had heart worm and some skin issues. That said, he's the most lovable dog anybody could ask for and very low energy for a pittie. He's also become very attached to me and refuses to leave my side. Yea, man's best friend!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: New Doggie
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 06:22:56 PM »
I’ve never opened a thread so fast.  Haha.  I love him!  Anyone who knows me and Cassie knows that our dogs are our life.  It’s a big part of wanting a camper so that we can take our dogs with us rather than separate them at different peoples houses until we get back. 

Anyway.  Herbie looks like a very fitting name for him.  He looks like a Herbie.  This is random but on of my favorite people growing up as a kid in my neighborhood was an old guy named Herbie who would always sit on his porch with those wrap around old people sunglasses and his cane.  Nicest man ever.

I have a huge soft spot for pits.  Herbie is adorable.  My Opie wasn’t chained to a tree but when we first met him he was nothing but a furry rib cage with worms.  We expected him to be small since he had a small frame and was only 36lbs at 8 months but he filled out rapidly and after getting up to 113 lbs he is now back down to a healthier 103 lbs.  Part French Bulldog my ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 07:06:45 PM »
Mike,
Thanks for the kind words. I love pitties too and really wanted to rescue one, but Stella wanted a smaller dog. She finally agreed that we could look for a pit bull - under the condition that it not bark (a lot), lick her or jump on her. Yea, right I thought. Anyway, I found Herbie at a rescue about an hour from us and she loved his picture and really loved his back story, so we applied to adopt him and were approved to meet him the next day.

When they brought Herbie out to meet us, he immediately came to me and licked me all over. Oh crap I thought. I loved him. Then he went over to Stella and simply leaned into her. She melted. As for barking, we've had him for 2 weeks and he's barked exactly twice.  She's really warming up to him. The only problem that I see is that she's almost a little jealous. Herbie has totally bonded with me and follows me everywhere. (He's sitting on my feet as I type this.) When I go to work, he whimpers in the kitchen for an hour. He sleeps with his cheek smashed right up against mine - and snores like a freight train.  It's comical. I absolutely love him and he'll never have to worry about being mistreated again!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 07:21:45 PM »
Opie sleeps and snores the same way.  He also has terrible separation anxiety that has never seemed to go away.  We set up a GoPro before we had regular cameras and he would howl after we left.  I didnt even know put bulls howled. 

They are huge babies and aggressive kissers.  Generally amazing with kids.  Love to cuddle and be loved on.  Big time chewers.  None of the toys we buy stand a chance.  The only toys that have survived are $5 grunting pigs and hippos from Walmart that I bought with the intent to be destroyed.  They no longer grunt but they are fully intact months later. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 07:32:51 PM »
So I found the video.  I would love to say the separation anxiety gets better but we still deal with it.  Having a doggy door seemed to stop the howling though.  You can skip the first 50 seconds.  The white and brown Pit-Boxer in the video passed away last October and we got Bowie, another Pit-Boxer-Bulldog mix to keep Opie company because he can’t be by himself.  Bowie came running in from the other room and sat and kept doing the head tilt when I just watched video. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 07:49:40 PM »
So I found the video.  I would love to say the separation anxiety gets better but we still deal with it.  Having a doggy door seemed to stop the howling though.  You can skip the first 50 seconds.  The white and brown Pit-Boxer in the video passed away last October and we got Bowie, another Pit-Boxer-Bulldog mix to keep Opie company because he can’t be by himself.  Bowie came running in from the other room and sat and kept doing the head tilt when I just watched video. 

That's so sad - and so sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 08:49:44 PM »
He's getting more comfortable.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 08:55:41 PM »
I love him!  Haha.  He’s a handsome boy.  It’s a good sign when they roll on their back and show their belly.  They only expose their belly when they’re comfortable.  That’s awesome to see.  How long have you had him now? 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 05:32:04 AM »
I love him!  Haha.  He’s a handsome boy.  It’s a good sign when they roll on their back and show their belly.  They only expose their belly when they’re comfortable.  That’s awesome to see.  How long have you had him now? 

We've had him for almost 3 weeks now. BTW, he was sound asleep in that last pic. A total goof ball.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 09:47:52 PM »
What a nice addition to the Fam Tom!!

Beautiful pup!

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

* Recent Photos

f150 - 3.jpeg