1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Where is rollingrock  (Read 6678 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Where is rollingrock
« on: July 23, 2020, 06:46:42 PM »
Gents sorry.    Been dealing with a lot of work shit.   I picked up this rig on June 10th.    Have logged 259 trail miles on this since.    Dropped 10 lbs and have 10-15 more to go.  The issue I ran in to last week was blood pressure.  I am currently on 2 blood pressure meds...and a cholesterol drug that has kept me from really dealing with my weight.  So my new doctor, has lowered my blood pressure meds and there is an end in sight to get almost completely off them and she changed my cholesterol drug to a different class that doesn't affect my weight nor hurt my liver or kidneys.   These past 24 months have been interesting with the diagnosis of HemoChromatosis...that is really messed me up.   But now that is under control working on other issues. That is why I haven't been around as much.   There is more to the story as there always is but thought I owed you guys an update. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 06:49:35 PM by Rollingrock »
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Where is rollingrock
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 06:55:52 PM »
Thanks for the update JP! I know that I’m happy to see you on a bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 07:00:08 PM »
Agree with Ryan.  Although I'm not in to the sport, I know you have a background in cycling so seeing you on a bike and enjoying yourself on Facebook is awesome.  I'm happy for you.  Glad to see your health is turning for the better.  I knew you had a couple issues from past talks but sounds like it was getting a little out of hand.  Glad it's getting dialed in and improving. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 07:16:12 PM »
Thanks guys

I "retired" from the road racing scene in 2014 and went full time into Archery.  I accomplished what I wanted to in that sport and to be honest, there was so much more drama in Archery than cycling it drove me insane.   The only good archery did for me was give me an outlet for OCD, and i put on weight b.c lets be honest, its not really a tough sport.   That said, I do have well defined shoulders and arms.   LOL. But I just got bored with archery and I really miss being on the bike and I have missed the trails since stopping that around 2005 and just did road for many years. 

The medical problems started in 2016, high blood pressure set in, low T for my age, cholesterol.   I started getting Testosterone therapy in 2016 and in late 2017 I got diagnosed with the Hemochromatosis.   That sent me into a spiral and everything started going to shit.

The great thing about mt biking around here is that it has changed so much since I went to the road.  All the trails around here are profesionaly gromed and maintained, features have been put in, all the routes are single directionly loops vs 2 way out an backs and the sport is grown.   In DFW there are two groups, DORBA and FWMBA, each have 13K members plus so the trails are never empty and we have around 25 to pick from. 

Granted this isn't Arkansas or Colorado or BC, but for local stuff its pretty amazing and then there is Austin who has invested so much money in the sport.  Trail systems are getting set up monthly now and some even offering lifts up the hills to ride down.  Its crazy.

So I am heads down on solving the blood pressure issues and it started today with the med change I hope I can turn the corner.   Just trying to get my base line started then work from there.  I have hit it pretty hard the last 45 days so i am now starting to back it off some until I adjust to the new meds. 

Appreciate the comments and atta boys, kind of need it right now, with work somewhat on track and tolerable I feel better there but I feel like that end is near but not sure how long I got.  Been reading the tea leaves and they change.   

Carry on and sorry to ramble. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »
Thanks guys

I "retired" from the road racing scene in 2014 and went full time into Archery.  I accomplished what I wanted to in that sport and to be honest, there was so much more drama in Archery than cycling it drove me insane.   The only good archery did for me was give me an outlet for OCD, and i put on weight b.c lets be honest, its not really a tough sport.   That said, I do have well defined shoulders and arms.   LOL. But I just got bored with archery and I really miss being on the bike and I have missed the trails since stopping that around 2005 and just did road for many years. 

The medical problems started in 2016, high blood pressure set in, low T for my age, cholesterol.   I started getting Testosterone therapy in 2016 and in late 2017 I got diagnosed with the Hemochromatosis.   That sent me into a spiral and everything started going to shit.

The great thing about mt biking around here is that it has changed so much since I went to the road.  All the trails around here are profesionaly gromed and maintained, features have been put in, all the routes are single directionly loops vs 2 way out an backs and the sport is grown.   In DFW there are two groups, DORBA and FWMBA, each have 13K members plus so the trails are never empty and we have around 25 to pick from. 

Granted this isn't Arkansas or Colorado or BC, but for local stuff its pretty amazing and then there is Austin who has invested so much money in the sport.  Trail systems are getting set up monthly now and some even offering lifts up the hills to ride down.  Its crazy.

So I am heads down on solving the blood pressure issues and it started today with the med change I hope I can turn the corner.   Just trying to get my base line started then work from there.  I have hit it pretty hard the last 45 days so i am now starting to back it off some until I adjust to the new meds. 

Appreciate the comments and atta boys, kind of need it right now, with work somewhat on track and tolerable I feel better there but I feel like that end is near but not sure how long I got.  Been reading the tea leaves and they change.   

Carry on and sorry to ramble.
So recent relatable story to your comment about how your local trails aren't like Colorado and BC and such.  Last Thursday I went white water rafting in or of PAs more popular state parks (was out of town for work and the boss paidbfornit) with some of the best rafting in the state.  Similar to your situation, it still just Pennsylvania and not exactly known for the rafting but it's acceptable and can be quite good if conditions are right.  That's besides the point.  Our guide does mountain biking and in the off season lives in Colorado at a ski resort where he's a guide.  He commented on our local mountain biking and said something along the lines of "Bless you guys here on the east.  You do what you can with what you have." I thought that was funny. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 07:29:59 PM »
JP

Good to hear from you. 

Glad things are on the road to getting corrected for you, considering everything you have had to deal with.

I am just getting a chance to check back in, I have been very busy at work.  with WFH, we have been busy as all hell.
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 03:41:03 PM »
And not a one of you eyed the "White Car" in the garage......

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 04:27:17 PM »
Assumed that was the Civic.  Have you been gone so long you forgot you told us about that? 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 04:48:22 PM »

That's because we all know it's your new daily driver.  :funny:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 12:27:51 AM »
Assumed that was the Civic.  Have you been gone so long you forgot you told us about that? 

Damn, you maybe right....but wait, did I say the color? 

That's because we all know it's your new daily driver.  :funny:

Well sir, not my daily but I will tell you this, it is sure fun to drive.   Little bugger is quick and my arse feels like an F1 car.....

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 12:33:17 AM »
BTW gents...

Jason is down 14lbs right now (sitting at 172lbs).....I am off of 1 of my Blood Pressure Meds...down to a very low dose (5mg) of another and soon, I may be off that drug and off blood pressure meds for a bit. 

Logged right at 495 miles of trail and hills since June 12th.    Did well over 4K feet of climbing while in Arkansas last weekend.  Feeling pretty good where things are.  Just need the job to work out and the rest of my first world problems to sort out.....another thread.    LOL

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2020, 05:30:26 AM »
Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2020, 09:08:38 PM »
That’s awesome Jason! The biking is a fun way to keep up the exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2020, 01:49:57 PM »

Damn, you maybe right....but wait, did I say the color?

In the announcement thread... maybe you did not "say" the color of it.

http://www.thedetailerscafe.com/smf/index.php?topic=3613.msg39662

Hard to miss the color in the pictures...

Was it 4:20 when you posted this.... :funny:

Glad to hear you are feeling and doing better!
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 07:37:51 PM »
Hey guys......quick update.  Top left photo 196 lbs.     Top right photo 170 lbs....bottom 155lbs.     That was taken about a month ago....still holding 155.    About to go for Dry January.....no drinking.     

How is everyone?    Busy here.    I hate the winter months due to low light.   I bet you northern folks hate it it even more.     Dark at 5:30 here.    Hyper annoying

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

* Recent Photos

IMAG0066.jpg

Views: 3
By: Kaleb G

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal