* Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Is Water Beading Really a Good Test of LSP Longevity?  (Read 8521 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Is Water Beading Really a Good Test of LSP Longevity?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 06:05:29 PM »
You don't have to wait for a Dr. Beasley's test mule. My Tacoma got the stuff - based on Justin's recommendation & sale price - about 2 1/2 months ago. So far. I'd have to say it's pretty comparable. I do think the spray bottle that Bullet Proof comes in might be a bit easier to use than the glass bottle the good doctor's stuff comes in. (Besides, you can actually drop the BP bottle and not shatter it.) They both shine like crazy and bead water like no tomorrow. As for durability, I'm probably going to re-coat the truck before winter no matter how well the stuff holds up.
Being lazy here, but never having used either of the two, what are the application processes?  You mention Bullet Proof is a spray bottle.  Similar to that of Opti-Seal?  What about Dr Beasley's?  My only coating experience was the original Opti-Coat.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The application process for both products is pretty similar. After all of the usual prep work, you apply the coating. With the BP, you can either spray (it comes in small, metal spray bottle) it directly on the vehicle and then spread it around with a foam applicator pad or spray it on the applicator pad, then apply it to the vehicle. Once it hazes, you wipe it off. It's very, very easy to apply.

The Dr. Beasley's product comes in a small (breakable) glass bottle and they recommend that you put a few drops on a foam applicator, then apply it to the vehicle. (I over-simplified that slightly.) That said, it's just as easy to apply. The only problem I saw is that it's somewhat harder to control how much comes out of the bottle.
So money aside.  Just going off using the product, the looks and the durability.  If you have both on the shelf, which one are you reaching for? 

If Stella told you to use the best one on her car...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 06:25:03 PM »
You don't have to wait for a Dr. Beasley's test mule. My Tacoma got the stuff - based on Justin's recommendation & sale price - about 2 1/2 months ago. So far. I'd have to say it's pretty comparable. I do think the spray bottle that Bullet Proof comes in might be a bit easier to use than the glass bottle the good doctor's stuff comes in. (Besides, you can actually drop the BP bottle and not shatter it.) They both shine like crazy and bead water like no tomorrow. As for durability, I'm probably going to re-coat the truck before winter no matter how well the stuff holds up.
Being lazy here, but never having used either of the two, what are the application processes?  You mention Bullet Proof is a spray bottle.  Similar to that of Opti-Seal?  What about Dr Beasley's?  My only coating experience was the original Opti-Coat.

The application process for both products is pretty similar. After all of the usual prep work, you apply the coating. With the BP, you can either spray (it comes in small, metal spray bottle) it directly on the vehicle and then spread it around with a foam applicator pad or spray it on the applicator pad, then apply it to the vehicle. Once it hazes, you wipe it off. It's very, very easy to apply.

The Dr. Beasley's product comes in a small (breakable) glass bottle and they recommend that you put a few drops on a foam applicator, then apply it to the vehicle. (I over-simplified that slightly.) That said, it's just as easy to apply. The only problem I saw is that it's somewhat harder to control how much comes out of the bottle.
So money aside.  Just going off using the product, the looks and the durability.  If you have both on the shelf, which one are you reaching for? 

If Stella told you to use the best one on her car...

I'd probably go with the Bullet Proof. It just seemed a bit easier to use. And if I remember correctly, it's a bit less expensive.

As for Stella, she wants a black Mercedes-Benz. After I buy that (maybe when I win the lottery), she can wax it herself!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2020, 11:26:24 AM »
Zombie thread time, asking a question on the long term ( if anyone recalls ) testing of the BP coating.

I am looking at this and the GG version for the parents RV on the sides. 

The OPT GlossCoat on the front is still holding up all these years later.
- They are gone from the end of DEC to APR, putting 9K + miles on it each year, seeing TX, NM, AZ and FL after driving out of Chicago in the end of DEC.

Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2020, 02:49:30 PM »
As much as I like BP coating for it's ease of use and nice gloss, unfortunately, I didn't find that it lasted all that long.

* Recent Photos

img006.jpg

Views: 4
By: Old Dogg™

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal