April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 22175 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2020, 11:31:26 AM »
Same armed guard at the grocery store as last week.  He remembered us and just said "Oh, thank God".  I think he's tired of stupid people and rude people.  Then I was stalked by the robot. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2020, 11:36:15 AM »
Things are out of hand now.  I can't get steaks.  I can do without toilet paper.  But a meat shortage?  Unacceptable!

They reopened some of our counties.  None of them near me.  We were extended to May 28 and then just yesterday they extended us until June 4.  I no longer except any of this is for the good of the people but rather for the good of politicians. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2020, 02:18:05 PM »
I no longer except any of this is for the good of the people but rather for the good of politicians. 

I 100% agree with you there!   :yoda:

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2020, 11:18:18 AM »
Things are out of hand now.  I can't get steaks.  I can do without toilet paper.  But a meat shortage?  Unacceptable!...<snip>...

I suspect this is due to the same problem as toilet paper, the media hypes something and then the race is on.
People are gullible, and this is the reaction to it.

I don't know if things are for the good of politicians, but I can say this crop, that spent millions of dollars asking to lead xyz, are not leading. 
I am sick hearing about how this is not normal. 
They were not elected to do the job only under specific circumstances; they were elected to do the job. 
I keep wondering when we are going to call the gov of IL non essential and send him home without pay.  He just does the same thing as CA the day after CA does it.  Why do we need that support and security staff for a guy to say ditto..
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2020, 01:54:51 PM »
Things are out of hand now.  I can't get steaks.  I can do without toilet paper.  But a meat shortage?  Unacceptable!...<snip>...

I suspect this is due to the same problem as toilet paper, the media hypes something and then the race is on.
People are gullible, and this is the reaction to it.

I don't know if things are for the good of politicians, but I can say this crop, that spent millions of dollars asking to lead xyz, are not leading. 
I am sick hearing about how this is not normal. 
They were not elected to do the job only under specific circumstances; they were elected to do the job. 
I keep wondering when we are going to call the gov of IL non essential and send him home without pay.  He just does the same thing as CA the day after CA does it.  Why do we need that support and security staff for a guy to say ditto..
Supposedly it is because the meat manufacturing plants arent running at capacity because of sick employees.  Or something along those lines, Covid19 related.  I think I read 18% of Wendy's have stopped serving hamburger because they can't get them.  Trump said he would take care of it.  Haha, not sure what that means.  If it's that simple, then there's an issue outside of Covid19.  And then there are reports that meat prices are going to be higher than normal to too it off. 

I just don't believe the numbers that are coming in anymore.  Pennsylvania's numbers are still climbing and setting new daily records, so they say. 

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2020, 03:08:26 PM »
...<snip'>...I think I read 18% of Wendy's have stopped serving hamburger because they can't get them.  ...<snip'>...

That is correct, but it is because the do not use any meat that has been frozen.

Those 1,000 stores are far enough away from beef now, that it would have to be frozen or shipped via air which would drive the costs up.  They could get meat, it would be cost prohibitive.
- The other 4,000+ locations are still processing as normal.

I would guess your store does not have an issue using meat that was frozen at one time.

I have nothing other than supposition to base it on, I would guess the empty shelves are caused by Tyson running his mouth in the full page ad he bought in 3 newspapers.
Tyson is tossing a rock back at politicians blaming his locations being in the line of infections somewhere..

I believe the numbers, but here is the rub.

1. Is the new pos test results rate climbing at the same rate as  testing capacity us climbing.
If 20% testing capacity is added, should there be any shock that the rate of confirmed cases increases by 20%.

NYC started presenting the numbers as new cases, total cases, total in hospital today and total released from the hospital and dead.  It was easy to see how many where new cases and told to stay at home.

Chicago ran around with their hair on fire, turned McCormick convention center into a field hospital and had less than 50 people there..  Fun fact that is over 13 days in APR.
Our Trust fund brat running the state and the police board member playing the part of Mayor of Chicago spent 60+ Million to treat < 50 people...
Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2020, 05:47:14 AM »
...<snip'>...I think I read 18% of Wendy's have stopped serving hamburger because they can't get them.  ...<snip'>...

That is correct, but it is because the do not use any meat that has been frozen.

Those 1,000 stores are far enough away from beef now, that it would have to be frozen or shipped via air which would drive the costs up.  They could get meat, it would be cost prohibitive.
- The other 4,000+ locations are still processing as normal.

I would guess your store does not have an issue using meat that was frozen at one time.

I have nothing other than supposition to base it on, I would guess the empty shelves are caused by Tyson running his mouth in the full page ad he bought in 3 newspapers.
Tyson is tossing a rock back at politicians blaming his locations being in the line of infections somewhere..

I believe the numbers, but here is the rub.

1. Is the new pos test results rate climbing at the same rate as  testing capacity us climbing.
If 20% testing capacity is added, should there be any shock that the rate of confirmed cases increases by 20%.

NYC started presenting the numbers as new cases, total cases, total in hospital today and total released from the hospital and dead.  It was easy to see how many where new cases and told to stay at home.

Chicago ran around with their hair on fire, turned McCormick convention center into a field hospital and had less than 50 people there..  Fun fact that is over 13 days in APR.
Our Trust fund brat running the state and the police board member playing the part of Mayor of Chicago spent 60+ Million to treat < 50 people...

Steve, You've got to learn to let your inner most feelings out.  :yoda:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2020, 11:36:52 AM »
Seems everyone is against our governor now.  Other state politicians are encouraging businesses to open against the Governor's orders.  Counties have written letters to the Governor informing him of their intent.  He is threatening to revoke state licenses. 

We did just have our lowest reported numbers to date.  543 I believe.  That's progress.  It's been 1300 almost everyday prior. 

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2020, 11:10:57 PM »
Steve, You've got to learn to let your inner most feelings out.  :yoda:

It is hard to tell what I think at times...... right ?? :funny:

Steve

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2020, 11:18:16 PM »
Seems everyone is against our governor now.  Other state politicians are encouraging businesses to open against the Governor's orders.  Counties have written letters to the Governor informing him of their intent.  He is threatening to revoke state licenses. 

We did just have our lowest reported numbers to date.  543 I believe.  That's progress.  It's been 1300 almost everyday prior. 
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200511/8daaaacb86baf48ba48c1892b9f9c612.jpg

This is the problem with a lot of states, not reporting what is actually going on. 
PA got to where they need to be, there was not an overload of the healthcare system and they are still closed.

Is any Gov thinking of how they are going to pay for things when they have these stats ?

I don't know if they are expecting zero to happen 1st.  They might want to implement the opening plan before they don't have businesses to open.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2020, 03:52:28 AM »
Oh the best part is that Governor Wolf held an angry press conference yesterday and thought it appropriate to call all of the business owners that are considering opening against his orders, "cowards." The audacity of that man.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2020, 05:34:29 AM »
Oh the best part is that Governor Wolf held an angry press conference yesterday and thought it appropriate to call all of the business owners that are considering opening against his orders, "cowards." The audacity of that man.

You could have our clown (Cuomo) who's using this whole thing as practice for him running for President in 2024. Of course he denies it.   :dunno:

BTW, he plans to have the federal government bail him out of the 8 billion dollar (before the virus) hole he dug us.   :funny:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2020, 10:01:06 AM »

You could have our clown (Cuomo) who's using this whole thing as practice for him running for President in 2024. Of course he denies it.   :dunno:

BTW, he plans to have the federal government bail him out of the 8 billion dollar (before the virus) hole he dug us.   :funny:
You can't escape that clown on TV.  He's part of the reason I don't watch the news or conferences.  I liked the guy at first.  That quickly wore off. 

On a side note, has their ever been a president so blatantly disrespected by the people of this country? 

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2020, 03:13:28 PM »

Only 8B ??? NY is running a pretty tight ship.

IL was 9B in unpaid bills when Blago was carted off to jail.  It has to be 10B+ by now... :wow:
- The trustafarian is looking for federal money to shore up the state pension that is about to run out of money...
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2020, 05:13:04 PM »
For the next three or more weeks, my job location is going to be at the PNC Bank Performing Arts Center in New Jersey.  It just so happens to be one of New Jersey's Covid19 testing locations. 

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal