* Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: New to me 2018 F250  (Read 3502 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
New to me 2018 F250
« on: January 04, 2020, 01:26:24 PM »
I gave a quick run down in Ryan's thread about why I got the truck.  It's an XLT with the 6.7.  so no fancy amenities.  Basically heated cloth seats (they F'n cook!), the full center console with larger screen and the nicer wheels.  It had 37k on the clock when I got it. 

Now some of the bad.  You will see in pictures.  The truck had a plow on it.  The wear and tear worries me but the factory warranty is still intact and on top of that is a lifetime power train warranty through the dealer.  For the latter coverage, the plow frame had to be removed.  Oddly though they left the plugs through the grille.  The annoying part of that is that the lower valance is missing so I need to replace that. 

Next, there are strobe's installed which doesn't bother me except for the fact that they did a hack job installing the ones in the headlight.  Unreal. 

The spare tire is missing.  No idea why and honestly I didn't even notice when I bought it.  That's pretty much the bad. 

And this needs to be said as well.  I said only one person knew I got the truck.  So I came home one day to a large box leaning against the garage.  I didn't order anything but here sits a brand new full set of WeatherTech floor mats.  It left me speechless for more reasons than I will get in to.  And damn are they nice.  They fit nicer, way nicer.  The precision that they're cut to impressed me.  I didn't have them in my GMC but I had them in the Chevy before that and as nice as they were, they weren't this nice.  The story that accompanied the gift was almost as good as the gift.  Apparently I didnt know the color of my interior.  I said it was grey (which it is) but it's also black.  So Jason went in to panic mode and sat on hold for the better part of a day to correct it.  But I guess that's what happens when you try to be sneaky.  Haha

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: New to me 2018 F250
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 10:18:34 PM »
Nice!  I think you’ll be happy with it, even loosing some bells and whistles.

I can understand why you moved from the GM, but it was a sweet truck.

Enjoy it!

Huge Kudos to Jason, I’ve now let him twice and gotta day, he is one stand up guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 06:47:40 AM »
Wow, that's one sweet looking truck! I really, really like it. Maybe I'll come down sometime (now that I'm sort of retired) and help you detail it. We might have to wait till spring though.

And as for JP, that kind of shows what a great guy he is. Classy move JP!  :clap: :nw:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 07:41:26 AM »
Thanks guys.  I really do enjoy driving it.  Which is weird because overtime I've actually began to hate driving and being on the road.  Maybe being laid off right now and not driving 250 miles each day helps.  The power really is ridiculous.  It's so smooth and linear.  Its just always there.  There's far less lag and you dont have that sudden thrust of boost either like I did with my GMC.  That's a cool feeling at first but gets old. 

I've had the pleasure of meeting Jason once when he was in town (sort of) for work.   He never sent me the Christmas card he promised so that's the end of that. 

By the way, no idea why the pictures aren't oriented properly.  They weren't like that on my phone. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 11:55:17 PM »
That’s a good looking truck. Enjoy it. 
================

Doug

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 11:48:56 PM »
 :funny:

Yes, I was being sneaky but was so happy that you were back in a Ford I had to do it.  My apologies for misleading you regarding a Christmas Card but I needed your address.   :)   

And yes, i did spend around 4-5 hours on hold during Christmas break to get them to change the color before they shipped and it was so worth it.   Glad it worked out, they do fit amazing in these new trucks. 

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

* Recent Photos

IMG_2736.JPG

Views: 3
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal