General Category > Car/Truck Mod Talk

Wiring help - Reverse Light

(1/2) > >>

Kitzy:
Installed the LPR Reverse Light System.  Will post the short install video from their website below.  This is my second time installing one of these.  First time was on Cassie's car and went perfect.  Only difference is that I also swapped her incandescent reverse bulbs for LEDs where as I left mine incandescent for the time being.  Which brings me to issue.  So following the video below, my LPR system lights up as it should, however the factory incandescent bulbs "blew" out.  I put quotes because when I pulled them to look at them, the coil/spring (pictured below) that goes horizontal seems to have come off both bulbs and just rattles around inside the glass.  No burned out look on anything. 

https://youtu.be/8Bd-zC7jPiA

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Too Stroked:

--- Quote from: Kitzy on December 28, 2019, 07:45:34 PM ---Installed the LPR Reverse Light System.  Will post the short install video from their website below.  This is my second time installing one of these.  First time was on Cassie's car and went perfect.  Only difference is that I also swapped her incandescent reverse bulbs for LEDs where as I left mine incandescent for the time being.  Which brings me to issue.  So following the video below, my LPR system lights up as it should, however the factory incandescent bulbs "blew" out.  I put quotes because when I pulled them to look at them, the coil/spring (pictured below) that goes horizontal seems to have come off both bulbs and just rattles around inside the glass.  No burned out look on anything. 

--- End quote ---

I have the LPR system on my Tacoma and have had it since they first came out. I'm pretty impressed with it.

As for "blowing out" the two existing incandescent bulbs, I struggle with how that would even be possible. But humor me. How did you wire the LPR in? 

Kitzy:

--- Quote from: Too Stroked on December 28, 2019, 09:15:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kitzy on December 28, 2019, 07:45:34 PM ---Installed the LPR Reverse Light System.  Will post the short install video from their website below.  This is my second time installing one of these.  First time was on Cassie's car and went perfect.  Only difference is that I also swapped her incandescent reverse bulbs for LEDs where as I left mine incandescent for the time being.  Which brings me to issue.  So following the video below, my LPR system lights up as it should, however the factory incandescent bulbs "blew" out.  I put quotes because when I pulled them to look at them, the coil/spring (pictured below) that goes horizontal seems to have come off both bulbs and just rattles around inside the glass.  No burned out look on anything. 

--- End quote ---

I have the LPR system on my Tacoma and have had it since they first came out. I'm pretty impressed with it.

As for "blowing out" the two existing incandescent bulbs, I struggle with how that would even be possible. But humor me. How did you wire the LPR in?

--- End quote ---
Exactly like the video shows.  Ran the wire over to the driver side tail light housing and used the provided clip to tap the reverse light wire. 

Too Stroked:

--- Quote from: Kitzy on December 28, 2019, 09:23:47 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Exactly like the video shows.  Ran the wire over to the driver side tail light housing and used the provided clip to tap the reverse light wire. 

--- End quote ---

Hmmm, that makes no sense at all. If the LED bar lit up, then you have power and ground as well as correct polarity. (It wouldn't light up if you wired it backwards - and it wouldn't hurt anything.) Did you replace the blown bulbs to see if the new ones work?

Kitzy:

--- Quote from: Too Stroked on December 29, 2019, 07:04:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kitzy on December 28, 2019, 09:23:47 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hmmm, that makes no sense at all. If the LED bar lit up, then you have power and ground as well as correct polarity. (It wouldn't light up if you wired it backwards - and it wouldn't hurt anything.) Did you replace the blown bulbs to see if the new ones work?

--- End quote ---
Not yet.  I've been looking in to LED replacements.  That's the only difference between my install and the install I did on Cassie's car that was flawless.  I swapped her bulbs to LED at the same time whereas I left mine incandescent.  Part of me wants to go buy replacements today though just to see if it happens again. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version