Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: New pup  (Read 5615 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
New pup
« on: October 29, 2019, 08:37:01 PM »
Laying in a hotel room with nothing to do so figured I'd show you guys the new monster.  He is a Pitbull/Boxer mix.  Same mix as the one that passed away though the new guy leans more heavily towards Pitbull than boxer like Apollo.  His name is Bowie.  He is 1 year and 3 months old.  He is just a little guy at 46 lbs.  He is also out of his mind.  We would change his name but he already answers to it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: New pup
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 05:56:24 PM »
Man, he sure is cute! My son's dog is a Pit / Boxer mix and her first human gave her up because she was "too frisky." She eventually calmed down and she's a great do now. Other than being a brindle, she looks just like your dog!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 07:22:07 PM »
Man, he sure is cute! My son's dog is a Pit / Boxer mix and her first human gave her up because she was "too frisky." She eventually calmed down and she's a great do now. Other than being a brindle, she looks just like your dog!
I have a hunch that this dog was given up because of his high energy.  The shelter said they had it from a pup and it was adopted once before by a family with a child.  Then they got pregnant again and said they couldn't keep the dog.  I think it was just too much for them.  He is a maniac.  But Apollo, our last pit/boxer, was awful until he hit 2-4 years ago and then he became one of the best dogs ever.  It's an amazing mix. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 11:48:16 AM »
Anybody want a dog?  That's the current situation at my house.  That would be the couch cushion scattered about the living room with both dogs sun bathing in the middle of it all. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 10:19:24 PM »
Have you tried to seek out a behaviour trainer?  My sister had a rottie that was a nightmare. Found a good trainer and worked with her and the dog for about a month. The dog was amazing afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 07:13:09 AM »
Have you tried to seek out a behaviour trainer?  My sister had a rottie that was a nightmare. Found a good trainer and worked with her and the dog for about a month. The dog was amazing afterwards.

We haven't gone that route.  We don't want to pay anyone.  It's not cheap and with her changing jobs this year money is a lot tighter.  We need more time with the new dog.  Weekends give us a lot more time work with him.  Hopefully we can make some progress.  He has so much energy I just don't think he knows what to do with it.  They have access to the yard.  Wish he would just go run laps or something.  The day before he chewed the plug off of a lamp and shredded a box of heavy duty alumiunum foil that he helped himself to on the kitchen counter. 

« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 07:14:42 AM by Kitzy »

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 10:05:47 AM »
I completely understand not wanting to spend money on it. Heather is in the first third of Mat leave and we are already feeling the pressure.

Just don’t let the cost of what he’s destroying outweigh the cost of a trainer.

Maybe he is best a “kennel” dog while you’re out or sleeping?

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 09:01:02 PM »
Here I come visit to catch up and see this...think aw cute dog....scrolls down, oh snap.    :dh:
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 09:40:07 PM »
I completely understand not wanting to spend money on it. Heather is in the first third of Mat leave and we are already feeling the pressure.

Just don’t let the cost of what he’s destroying outweigh the cost of a trainer.

Maybe he is best a “kennel” dog while you’re out or sleeping?

He was a great the first few days we left him out of the crate.  He forced out hand a bit by wedging himself half in and half out of the crate and cutting his face up in the process.  Now he goes back in but the crate is slightly reinforced with zip ties.  He is great at night.  He is trained to sleep in his dog bed at the foot of our bed.  He learned that in just a few nights. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 09:41:30 PM »
Here I come visit to catch up and see this...think aw cute dog....scrolls down, oh snap.    :dh:
There's a video of the aftermath as well.  The house looks so empty but that's only because everything is put away.  I couldn't even find the tv remote because Cassie hid it.  Everything is in a spare bedroom.  Even the coffee table and end tables.  Nothing is left out. 

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 09:26:10 AM by Kitzy »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 09:25:53 AM »
Cassie sent me this video while I was still at work.  This is when she got home from work. 

* Recent Photos

Mess

Views: 1
By: Olamon21

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal