March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: 2013 Scion tC  (Read 9750 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: 2013 Scion tC
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 08:04:40 AM »
Now that I can get on board with for sure.  There is a time and a place for black wheels.  Unfortunately the flood of black wheels has made me dislike black wheels even if they are the right choice.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I must be getting old ( some how passing Tom ), the color of the factory wheel looked pretty good to me.
- I was never that happy with the gold-ish tone of the Lariat wheels on my 2006 and was always looking for a set of take offs.

Must be from growing up around chrome Cragar wheels, but wheel should be in the silver tones in my book.
- Black always reminds me of the spare out of the trunk.. When they used to put spares in cars.
My biggest issue with black is that it lacks contrast with the tire, essentially creating just a blob of black where you can't really see the design that well.  It does make colored calipers pop more though.  I'm a big fan of silver colors myself as well.  Even gun metal.  But I've really taken a shine to bronze.  Not gold though.  Big difference in my eyes.  Chrome I like with traditional reds and with white. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 12:11:55 PM »
Obviously, I've started to dig the Bronze look, but I like what the Scion looks like. Gives it a little pop.

I am really a big fan of Black Chrome on darker color sports/muscle cars.

and NO, I don't have any funds for another motor swap! I'm trying to save up for a Drone!
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 06:12:46 PM »
Now that I can get on board with for sure.  There is a time and a place for black wheels.  Unfortunately the flood of black wheels has made me dislike black wheels even if they are the right choice.

I must be getting old ( some how passing Tom ), the color of the factory wheel looked pretty good to me.
- I was never that happy with the gold-ish tone of the Lariat wheels on my 2006 and was always looking for a set of take offs.

Must be from growing up around chrome Cragar wheels, but wheel should be in the silver tones in my book.
- Black always reminds me of the spare out of the trunk.. When they used to put spares in cars.
My biggest issue with black is that it lacks contrast with the tire, essentially creating just a blob of black where you can't really see the design that well.  It does make colored calipers pop more though.  I'm a big fan of silver colors myself as well.  Even gun metal.

My thoughts exactly.

* Recent Photos

t

Views: 5
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal