No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Stuck  (Read 6082 times)

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
Stuck
« on: January 28, 2019, 03:54:10 PM »
Sooooo, Saturday night I let Heather use my truck to take our youngest to his Basketball Party since the truck had a full tank of fuel less than five minutes after she left the driveway I get a call from her that she put the truck in the ditch. Now for comparison sake she's used to driving a Subaru Outback that is almost half as wide as my truck and a quarter of the weight so she wasn't prepared when the right outer dual hit the bank and started sucking the truck into the ditch. The truck is at least 10,000 pounds without the plow and is a handful to drive in deep snow even for me sometimes if you add the plow it's probably North of 11,000 with me in the seat then you get a nice push pull going on between the front and back end of the truck.

The cell service sucks where we live so she lucky she was able to get enough signal to call the house so I could go get them. Needless to say I was not prepared for what I saw when I came around the corner to pick them up in Heathers car.

Good enough never is

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Stuck
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 04:10:33 PM »
I bet that was a ride for her.  I bet with the exception of Jason, we are all pretty familiar with that feeling of being pulled off the road and having to fight it back.  The first few times cause some puckering. 

So no damage to the front corner?  Usually when I see stuff like that the bumper ends up being pushed in a little. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 04:16:41 PM »
No damage at all that I can see and the only thing that I had to deal with were two low tires the next morning because of snow getting jammed into the bead when it went into the ditch.
Good enough never is

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 05:31:49 PM »
I bet that was a ride for her.  I bet with the exception of Jason, we are all pretty familiar with that feeling of being pulled off the road and having to fight it back.  The first few times cause some puckering. 

So no damage to the front corner?  Usually when I see stuff like that the bumper ends up being pushed in a little. 

um what?   You should see some of the ranch roads I have to travel, I have been in the ditch...and one time, almost took the Jeep swimming.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 05:44:25 PM »

um what?   You should see some of the ranch roads I have to travel, I have been in the ditch...and one time, almost took the Jeep swimming.

Haha I was referring mainly to snow not just bad driving. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 07:17:31 PM »

Exactly, none of it had to do with cows or mailboxes... :redneck:
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 07:33:27 PM »

He even managed to dent the Jeep when he wasn't even driving it. 

The cow though, to be fair, I think hit him.  I think multiple vehicles of his have been damaged by cows actually. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 07:59:32 PM »
First of all, I'm glad nobody was hurt and the truck wasn't damaged. Now I have to ask the question nobody's touched. How'd you get it out? I'm assuming the Outback wasn't up to the task.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 08:08:14 PM »
First of all, I'm glad nobody was hurt and the truck wasn't damaged. Now I have to ask the question nobody's touched. How'd you get it out? I'm assuming the Outback wasn't up to the task.
I bet that Outback could get the job done.  Cassie's is a champ. 

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 08:12:46 PM »
I called a towing company and the humorous thing is they sent a truck about the same size as mine. They almost didn't get it out.
Good enough never is

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 08:18:46 PM »
I called a towing company and the humorous thing is they sent a truck about the same size as mine. They almost didn't get it out.
I just looked at the pictures again.  Did you reposition the car to get a picture from both sides?  I imagine Heather didn't appreciate you taking the extra effort to capture this memory.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 10:34:11 PM »

I used my Jeep for cattle before.    sometimes they need a little push through a pasture gate.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 11:35:42 PM »

Bet he pulled up on the spot and thought... Oh crap...  :dope:

Glad he did get it out and more so that nobody had an airbag deploy in their face.

You got it out just in time for the deep freeze, if you are getting what we are due.
- Wed is a high of -16 and low of -25 ambient.
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 01:27:29 AM »
That doesn't look like a very fun night! Glad it's out with no damage.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 09:22:00 AM »

Bet he pulled up on the spot and thought... Oh crap...  :dope:

Glad he did get it out and more so that nobody had an airbag deploy in their face.

You got it out just in time for the deep freeze, if you are getting what we are due.
- Wed is a high of -16 and low of -25 ambient.

That was pretty much his expression when I pulled up and got out of the car as he was setting up for the first pull I even told the dispatcher exactly what the truck was and to send something heavy to get it out. Me too but I don't think the air bags would have deployed even if the truck hit a tree because what the picture doesn't show is the corner about 100 yards behind the truck that you can't do more than 35 MPH around with the road in the shape it's in.

When I fired the truck up after he got it out the dash said -11* that night not counting the NW wind. It was freaking cold even with my Arctic Carhartt jacket on and every pen we used to fill out the paper work froze in under a minute standing outside.
Good enough never is

* Recent Photos

243 at 150 yards

Views: 7
By: hwm3

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal