General Category > General Discussion

Stuck

(1/3) > >>

GreyMichFX4:
Sooooo, Saturday night I let Heather use my truck to take our youngest to his Basketball Party since the truck had a full tank of fuel less than five minutes after she left the driveway I get a call from her that she put the truck in the ditch. Now for comparison sake she's used to driving a Subaru Outback that is almost half as wide as my truck and a quarter of the weight so she wasn't prepared when the right outer dual hit the bank and started sucking the truck into the ditch. The truck is at least 10,000 pounds without the plow and is a handful to drive in deep snow even for me sometimes if you add the plow it's probably North of 11,000 with me in the seat then you get a nice push pull going on between the front and back end of the truck.

The cell service sucks where we live so she lucky she was able to get enough signal to call the house so I could go get them. Needless to say I was not prepared for what I saw when I came around the corner to pick them up in Heathers car.

Kitzy:
I bet that was a ride for her.  I bet with the exception of Jason, we are all pretty familiar with that feeling of being pulled off the road and having to fight it back.  The first few times cause some puckering. 

So no damage to the front corner?  Usually when I see stuff like that the bumper ends up being pushed in a little. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

GreyMichFX4:
No damage at all that I can see and the only thing that I had to deal with were two low tires the next morning because of snow getting jammed into the bead when it went into the ditch.

Rollingrock:

--- Quote from: Kitzy on January 28, 2019, 04:10:33 PM ---I bet that was a ride for her.  I bet with the exception of Jason, we are all pretty familiar with that feeling of being pulled off the road and having to fight it back.  The first few times cause some puckering. 

So no damage to the front corner?  Usually when I see stuff like that the bumper ends up being pushed in a little. 

--- End quote ---

um what?   You should see some of the ranch roads I have to travel, I have been in the ditch...and one time, almost took the Jeep swimming.   

Kitzy:

--- Quote from: Rollingrock on January 28, 2019, 05:31:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kitzy on January 28, 2019, 04:10:33 PM ---I bet that was a ride for her.  I bet with the exception of Jason, we are all pretty familiar with that feeling of being pulled off the road and having to fight it back.  The first few times cause some puckering. 

--- End quote ---

um what?   You should see some of the ranch roads I have to travel, I have been in the ditch...and one time, almost took the Jeep swimming.

--- End quote ---

Haha I was referring mainly to snow not just bad driving. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version