* Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: New Work bench area  (Read 13194 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: New Work bench area
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2019, 11:03:50 PM »
Steve,

You got a photo of your heaters?   I was looking at some IR heaters for our balcony.

I have a forced air unit.  Not as nice as the Reznor unit  :wow:

I think the Natural Gas really drops the cost of operation. It only cost $75 bucks last month to keep the Garage pretty warm throughout below freezing weather while I was working on the truck.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 04:57:08 PM »
Steve,

You got a photo of your heaters?   I was looking at some IR heaters for our balcony.

I think the Natural Gas really drops the cost of operation. It only cost $75 bucks last month to keep the Garage pretty warm throughout below freezing weather while I was working on the truck.

No doubt, but I am not allowed ventless or 83% eff Nat Gas heaters in the garage in my village.
The burn chamber needs to sealed & pull outside air, so it has to be 90% eff to be code here. 

Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2019, 03:57:46 PM »
Steve,

No doubt, but I am not allowed ventless or 83% eff Nat Gas heaters in the garage in my village.
The burn chamber needs to sealed & pull outside air, so it has to be 90% eff to be code here.
Village?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2019, 06:29:57 PM »
Steve,

Village?

?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2019, 08:47:27 PM »
Village?

It is the legal term for the municipality I live in EG: Village of Bensenville.

Sorry the Mrs does insurance for Public Not for Profit entities and referring to the legal municipality structure has been ingrained into my head after a decade +.

I used to generically call everything a city, but that means something else structurally in IL ( as does town ).
It makes a huge difference with what she does, so she cannot fall into the generic naming less she screw up the insurance policies.  E&Os are a bad thing for what she does, and is very career limiting.
Steve

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2019, 09:04:08 PM »
?

Don't I wish it was that quite.  With it being single digits jet engines make a hell of a racket taking off.

Lower left hand corner is where I live. <2 miles walking route to the edge of the airport.
- Mechanic is 1.1 miles walking on streets, and another 5 blocks east on Irving Park Rd from there is airport property.
If you magnify the image, you can make out the water retention area behind my house. 
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2019, 09:33:50 AM »
?

Don't I wish it was that quite.  With it being single digits jet engines make a hell of a racket taking off.

Lower left hand corner is where I live. <2 miles walking route to the edge of the airport.
- Mechanic is 1.1 miles walking on streets, and another 5 blocks east on Irving Park Rd from there is airport property.
If you magnify the image, you can make out the water retention area behind my house.
I understand.  My previous residence was about 4  miles from LVIA airport (not exactly a big city airport but large enough).  It didn't affect the noise level over the house much.  Trains down by the river were louder actually.  But you can't go anywhere in the area without hearing all the aircraft.  And Cassie's sister actually lives less than a half mile from the end of the runway. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2019, 11:38:53 AM »
?

I understand.  My previous residence was about 4  miles from LVIA airport (not exactly a big city airport but large enough).  It didn't affect the noise level over the house much.  Trains down by the river were louder actually.  But you can't go anywhere in the area without hearing all the aircraft.  And Cassie's sister actually lives less than a half mile from the end of the runway. 

ABE, that's a cute little airport..

Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2019, 11:42:17 AM »
?

ABE, that's a cute little airport..

Yeah I know.  It's nothing to brag about but the concept is the same.  Most people drive down to the Philly airport.  Or take a 15 minute (wheels up to wheels down) flight from LVIA to Philly for the real flight. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2019, 12:54:24 AM »
funny stuff fellas
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

* Recent Photos

IMG_9978.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal