1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Stuffed!  (Read 12286 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Stuffed!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 03:01:44 PM »
Also upgraded the fog lights.  Usually we go with Diode Dynamic bulbs.  This time on my truck I went with full Morimoto replacement led housings.  And Diode Dynamics changed their bulbs to a lower lumen but supposedly (according to them) higher output, better bulb.  We we're going to give the new one a try but they were back ordered for quite some time so I used it as an excuse to try something new.  Just like all of the lighting for the rear, these are VLEDs.  They are the Micro Evolution.  The stock bulbs were bad.  Barely noticeable when on and they looked cheap.  I wasn't totally against the color temp because it is more useable but we talked about it and wanted the cleaner look.  These match the stock HIDs nicely. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2018, 05:57:19 PM »
I thought I had a problem for a second.  I tried to cycle the foglights to see the difference and the drivers side stayed on.  It wouldn't turn off.  Then it worked fine and then it didn't again.  Then it dawned on me.  This car has steering responsive fog lights so when that is turned on, and the fogs are turned off, the side you are steering to will turn on.  Our road has a very slight curve to it.  So turning it off while on that slight curve left one of them on. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 08:47:13 PM »
Looks nice.

How are the fog lamp bulbs on distance vs the stock bulb ?
- I have seen some that are great up close but fall way off at distance.

Just asking because of the price tag on them...
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2018, 09:42:46 PM »
Looks nice.

How are the fog lamp bulbs on distance vs the stock bulb ?
- I have seen some that are great up close but fall way off at distance.

Just asking because of the price tag on them...
In this application at least, they are much better all around.  I don't drive the car everyday personally so my experience with it isn't vast.  I was however recently driving it at night and cycling the fogs and realized they did absolutely nothing beyond a small spot beam which seemed to be pointed a few feet in front of the car.  When I opened the garage door to pull it out at night to check them out, I flicked them on and they shined across the yard.  So definitely more distance.  Not sure if it scatters or how much it scatters the light though. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 09:40:34 PM »
I am a little late here but I love the color temp and what an amazing difference. 

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 10:51:53 AM »
So Cassie wanted a pair of cube lights for her car.  She missed the light bar she has on the WRX .  She wanted them on the A pillar.  For her birthday, I went all out and got what I considered to be the best ones you can buy.  That meant finally giving Rigid a shot.  So I got her the Rigid D-SS in the "Driving" beam and I got her the brackets that mount to the hood hinges.  I am very impressed with both products. 

The brackets are clean and took 30 seconds each to put on.  The lights are ridiculous.  I've never seen any light with such a clean pattern.  It's just light everywhere.  No real sign of a beam or hot spots anywhere.  Just light.  I'll have to get some good pictures of them on but here are a few of what it looks like.  They stand a little taller than I'd like but oh well.  The SS version of the Rigid cubes stands for side shooter and has LEDs on the side sending light straight out the sides.  The driving beam adds two forward facing LEDs to make 6 and an additional side led for 3 to make a grand total of 9 per cube.  7100 lumens for the pair. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2019, 12:37:14 PM »
Those are wicked lights. Do the side shooters reflect back or impact driving at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2019, 12:49:08 PM »
Those are wicked lights. Do the side shooters reflect back or impact driving at all?

I only got a chance to see them on our road/driveway.  I didn't notice any light glaring back at me from the driver's side (I was driving) but I can see the light was on from the very edge of the light on the passenger side.  You can see the hood lit up a little bit as well.  Neither of these things caused me any issues whatsoever.  I only noticed them because I was thinking about it before hand and looking for it.  Each cube only has the side shooters on one side.  So no light shines inwards toward the center of the hood.  It's deceiving to look at because the front glass wraps around the sides on both sides (which is why I can see some illumination on the passenger side) but the side shooter is only on the outsides.  I will try to find Cassie's Instagram post.  She had a night photo.  I'm not on Instagram (never have been, no idea how to use it) so I don't know if I can find it. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2019, 01:00:34 PM »
That's awesome. I really liked these lights when looking at them, but don't really have anywhere to put them on the truck, lol.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2019, 01:06:48 PM »
Here is the picture she took.  I've since aimed them a little higher and outward.  No idea why outward.  Just figured why not.  Haha

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2019, 02:29:59 PM »
Wow! Those look better than my 40” Chinese lightbar!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2019, 05:48:50 PM »
You just can't go wrong with Rigid. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Hell yes!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2019, 05:56:12 PM »
The title of this Thread just made me order stuffed crust pizza! :uugly:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2019, 05:58:27 PM »
The title of this Thread just made me order stuffed crust pizza! :uugly:
I just had keto pizza.  It's basically 90% cheese.  The entire crust is made out of it. 

* Recent Photos

06 Fusion

Views: 4
By: hwm3

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal