Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: 2017 Ford Fusion  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
2017 Ford Fusion
« on: December 19, 2018, 05:24:10 PM »
I detailed a 2017 Ford Fusion for a co-worker today at the marina. To say that the car was a bit dirty from the salt we’ve been pouring on the roads up here lately would be an understatement. As the “before” photos below show, I had to do some serious washing to get down to what I thought was burgundy paint. Although I was able to wash it in our wash bay where we have great lighting, I had to move it next door into the service bays to do the next steps. The lighting isn’t nearly as good in there so I didn’t really know what I had until I was finished. Spoiler alert: It’s not burgundy.

After a thorough cleaning and clay, I got down to polishing / correcting the paint. Since the owner really does take good care of this car, all I needed was Mequiar’s M205 on a White LC pad on the Flex. Most of the car took one pass, but I had a few problem areas that required several passes.

Next, I applied Mequair’s Hyper Dressing to the tires and wheel wells before applying McKee’s 37 High Def Paint Sealant to the paint and wheels. This is the first time I’ve used the product and although I really like the final results, I think it’s a bit harder to remove than my personal favorite Menzerna Power Lock. I rolled it outside for the “after” shots and the sun was pretty harsh. Words cannot describe how beautiful the paint looked. “Absolutely stunning” begins to come close. And the color is actually more of a dark candy apple red than plain old burgundy. See what you think:

Oh, and just to prove I still have it in me, check out this reflecto shot. You tell me where the roof ends and the building begins.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: 2017 Ford Fusion
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 06:29:16 PM »
Great work as always Tom.  That was a shocker, I pulled up the before and after pics in a new tab to zoom in, and that color difference was just that.. a shocker.
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 10:36:39 PM »
Wow, you're cranking them out Tom! Looks good!

I really dig that color. Almost reminds me of the "Black Cherry" color of my Grandma's old Intrepid.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 07:55:37 AM »
That is a great color.  And it's never looked so good. Nice work as always. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 09:37:09 AM »
Awesome as usual Tom...I especially like how you used your shadow to block the license plate. 

I have some of that 205, the "new formula" .  haven't had the chance to use it.   I feel like I am using Optimum products on everything needed for correction. 

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

* Recent Photos

IMG_8276.JPG

Views: 2
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal