1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Mod 3 done  (Read 49814 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Mod 3 done
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2018, 05:16:09 PM »
How does it ride?  I know you probably haven't towed anything but what about empty?  Did it raise the rear any?

For what it's worth, I always pull the wheels off if they are in the way.  I have a DeWalt Impact that makes light work of it.  Takes longer to jack the vehicle off the ground.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I haven't tested them yet.Cowbos are playing....

Same stock height.  These are the 2 piece version.  There is a small gap to where they are not touching with no load.  They are progressive rate so they are soft at first them really firm up as they are compressed.    I went this route to help with sway when pulling.  They really helped the F150 so I am optimistic.   

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
How much did it help with squat?  Video I watched where they put a water container in the bed squatted 2.5" stock and only a half inch with the sumo springs. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2018, 05:52:39 PM »
How does it ride?  I know you probably haven't towed anything but what about empty?  Did it raise the rear any?

For what it's worth, I always pull the wheels off if they are in the way.  I have a DeWalt Impact that makes light work of it.  Takes longer to jack the vehicle off the ground.

Same stock height.  These are the 2 piece version.  There is a small gap to where they are not touching with no load.  They are progressive rate so they are soft at first them really firm up as they are compressed.    I went this route to help with sway when pulling.  They really helped the F150 so I am optimistic.   

How much did it help with squat?  Video I watched where they put a water container in the bed squatted 2.5" stock and only a half inch with the sumo springs. 

On the F150?   Worked great for squat...but was still able to use weight distro hitch and move some weight to the steer axle. 
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2018, 06:23:52 PM »

On the F150?   Worked great for squat...but was still able to use weight distro hitch and move some weight to the steer axle.
So reading up on them a bit. I was looking at the different colors (densities) and how to choose the right one for you.  According g to their help section, the blue is primarily lighter duty and helps with bumps and potholes and the like.  Black is geared more towards towing.  Then of course yellow being really heavy duty. 

If you couldn't tell, my wheels are turning a little.  I have a trip planned in February back down to Tennessee.  This year I have the SxS and both quads so I will likely have to borrow a work trailer.  It's a lot more weight than I usually tow down there.  Usually I have less than 3000 lbs in tow.  This year will be 3000 lbs just in machines not to mention the much larger trailer (20' enclosed.) The last time I towed this trailer it had Cassie's tractor in it and it wasn't the most enjoyable. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2018, 10:39:26 PM »
I don't know what prioducts are avail for your truck,

For my F150 it was only 2 options.  Blue or Yellow.   The Blue is 1000 lbs. and the Yellow was 1500lbs.   

They told me that the 1500 would be too much for my set up and way to harsh unloaded bc it was taller and made contact all the time with the axle.

For the blue, I had 1 inch of space, so bumps and speed bumps were a non issue.   The weights don't really mean much as far as pin weight or tongue weight.   For instance.  My trailer has a loaded tongue of 1160 lbs....I had the 1000lb springs...so they didn't give me 1000lbs of weight, they compress at a progressive rate and give me an added amount of weight that I could take.

For my F250, I did the 2600 2 piece set up that is made from a less dense material that is softer at lower weights and gets progressivly harder (Pardon the pun) as it is compressed.    I think they are worth looking in too for your set up.  I had airbags on the prior 250...I had air lines going every where and they were kind of a pain in the ass.   I also had Timbrens and they were a total joke...those are ON or OFF, dumb stiff and they felt like a rocket shooting the ass end of the truck up when hitting dips or expansion joints...they feel like hitting overloads on every little bump. 

So I cannot tell you how I like these 2 piece versions yet.   I had a couple of beers during the game so I haven't tested them out yet.  I want to grab the trailer this weekend and fill the water tank up to simulate a loaded ride and check the sway and load.  I have all my measurements so I will be able to give you stats. 

Also, I have a set sitting here, if by chance your truck is the same part needed for a ford, will make you a deal on them.   That goes for anyoine with an F150 here that actually posts....LOL.  Like the 8 of us.   LOL .   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 01:01:57 AM by Rollingrock »

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2018, 12:32:59 AM »
I've heard really good things about those. I went with the AAL's, because they were dirt cheap.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2018, 01:05:33 AM »
I've heard really good things about those. I went with the AAL's, because they were dirt cheap.

Airlifts?   AAL?   

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2018, 11:42:15 AM »

Airlifts?   AAL?

I think that is Add A Leaf to the factory spring pack.
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2018, 01:01:05 PM »

Airlifts?   AAL?

I think that is Add A Leaf to the factory spring pack.

Airlifts?   AAL?

Steve nailed it. I put in a Pro-Comp "Add-a-Leaf". They say they add "500lbs" of weight handling. Even though it stiffened up the ride a tad un-loaded, I am very happy with them overall. I like what Jason went for as well, no messing around with lines or air pressure.

I'll only go back to bags if I have a specific need to haul/tow something.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2018, 04:40:48 PM »
just drove 60 miles round trip..found no difference in everyday driving. 

I may go pull my camper out of storage and hit the scales this weekend and see how my weights changed.  I was trying to get 100lbs back on the front axle from my last weigh in. 

Got it, Add A Leaf . 

JP

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2019, 02:19:01 PM »
Welp, ordered 2 more light bars from Matthew over at https://offbrandproducts.com/

Got the new NSSR 6 inch bars for the front grill and going to add my 10 inch bar to the rear set up. 

Will get after the install once they arrive.  Yall need to check out some of the new stuff. 

RR

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2019, 07:22:11 PM »
That NSSR looks clean.  Interesting though that it's cheaper than the screwed version. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »
That NSSR looks clean.  Interesting though that it's cheaper than the screwed version. 

It has a little less raw lumen output.  Right at 3300 vs 3800 on the SSR 6 inch light.   

Rough Country has a kit with their lights...they are combined only as bright as one Aurora NSSR light.   So I went with these and Matthew gave me 10% off my order which was nice.  PS, they are located in Allentown PA.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2019, 08:54:34 PM »

It has a little less raw lumen output.  Right at 3300 vs 3800 on the SSR 6 inch light.   

Rough Country has a kit with their lights...they are combined only as bright as one Aurora NSSR light.   So I went with these and Matthew gave me 10% off my order which was nice.  PS, they are located in Allentown PA.
That got my attention.  I was trying to locate where in Allentown but it seems to only be a e-commerce site. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2019, 01:56:29 PM »

That got my attention.  I was trying to locate where in Allentown but it seems to only be a e-commerce site. 

Right now they are a drop ship company, he mentioned that he will be getting a retail space soon and can take walk up customers.   But he ships so fast anyway, just thought I would share that location.

RR

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2021, 11:41:21 AM »

Right now they are a drop ship company, he mentioned that he will be getting a retail space soon and can take walk up customers.   But he ships so fast anyway, just thought I would share that location.

RR
So Jason, you got any “ins” with off brand?  Any discounts or anything.  My neighbor and coworker is looking for some log hut a for his side by side. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* Recent Photos

Views: 2
By: hwm3

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal