* Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Mod 3 done  (Read 49294 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Mod 3 done
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 09:20:42 PM »
BTW, if you guys need Aurora lights from www.offbrandproducts.com

Use discount code I-Need-Lights and you will get 10% off

JP

Thanks Jason. I need a set to put in the ADD rear Bumper going on next week. I’ll check these out instead of buying cheap off-brand ones from Flea-Bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aurora are total Rigid knock offs but I think they are brighter and better made.   The pics really don't do them justice.  They are bright AF.   But not as bright as their 40 watt Flood pattern lights...those are just crazy bright.   I didn't want that this go around, I wanted like a 10-20 ft work light but yet enough to get some one off my butt on the highway.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 10:43:02 PM »

JP

Thanks Jason. I need a set to put in the ADD rear Bumper going on next week. I’ll check these out instead of buying cheap off-brand ones from Flea-Bay.

Aurora are total Rigid knock offs but I think they are brighter and better made.   The pics really don't do them justice.  They are bright AF.   But not as bright as their 40 watt Flood pattern lights...those are just crazy bright.   I didn't want that this go around, I wanted like a 10-20 ft work light but yet enough to get some one off my butt on the highway.

I feel better about these knowing you have them, lol.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 10:43:53 PM »
I never could find a good spot for a switch on my truck so I wont put any lights on it.  Everything on the truck is soft touch, no hard plastic, at least not in any place you'd put a switch. 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Ha, I have a set of switches that are overhead, but nothing hooked up to them right now!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 09:14:56 AM »
I never could find a good spot for a switch on my truck so I wont put any lights on it.  Everything on the truck is soft touch, no hard plastic, at least not in any place you'd put a switch. 

Ha, I have a set of switches that are overhead, but nothing hooked up to them right now!

If you have the upfitter switches, connecting lights is super easy.   The bundle is located near the driver side and you simply connect the corresponding color to the switch number.  1-4 are 12-20 amp and 5-6 are 30 amp I believe.   Then you simply ground to the battery and presto.  Doneso.   

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 09:43:29 AM »
If you have the upfitter switches, connecting lights is super easy.   The bundle is located near the driver side and you simply connect the corresponding color to the switch number.  1-4 are 12-20 amp and 5-6 are 30 amp I believe.   Then you simply ground to the battery and presto.  Doneso.

Please tell me you did not pull a RP and do that without a relay...
 :dope:
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 09:46:49 AM »

All Ford Upfitter switches are tied to relays.   That is the beauty of the upfitters.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 01:53:28 PM »

All Ford Upfitter switches are tied to relays.   That is the beauty of the upfitters.

that's right, after 2004 they stopped having some be just a switch and some be relay fed.
- I am now recalling this conversation some time back... :doh:
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 04:28:22 PM »

JP

I feel better about these knowing you have them, lol.

Aurora makes nice lights.  I had a 20" bar on my old truck.  Cassie had a 20" bar on her WRX.  I also have two 6" combo bars and two cubes in a flood pattern on my atv.  Another friend had two 6" combo bars on his car as well.  I like that their cubes are 10 watts per LED.  I think their bigger bars are 5 watts per LED.  A lot of the cheaper brands are 3 watts. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 04:51:33 PM »
I have only bought 1 pair of Rigid cubes.

My jeep had only Aurora's on it.  I had 2 50 light bars, one DR and on SR, then 20 inche hood bar, and 10 inch bumper with cubes everywhere.   LOL

Plus I live in a town now called Aurora so I am kind of partial.    :uugly:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 05:08:42 PM »
I need to know more about those remotes.  Which remote did you go with?  That link looked more like key fobs. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2018, 07:59:24 PM »

MIne aren't Ford Upfitters. I installed a custom panel, so anything I hook up has to have a relay installed. Fine with me as I have a wack load of good ones that I can make use of. The plan is to set up the back bumper lights so that I can trigger to come on with the reverse lights or manually. I'll mount up a LED bar on the front once I get the matching front bumper to the rear one going on next week.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2018, 09:03:29 PM »
I need to know more about those remotes.  Which remote did you go with?  That link looked more like key fobs. 

For my RV under belly lights and awning lights, I used the one to the left, 4 channel remote.
http://www.autolumination.com/remote.html

I don't know what amps the fogs draw so I may look for something similar but beefier. 

Something like this:
https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/spod-6-circuit-source-system-remote-control-power-module-rcpm/_/R-GNJV-RCPM?gclid=CjwKCAiA_ZTfBRBjEiwAN6YG4UD6uWEvmrjzGQp7WSlNkK94ND8fIAIe6OhEkuYlJMfY6Rw-bf7rrRoCgJEQAvD_BwE&ecmp=s:google_738830849_38035436109__aud-78878171836:pla-277654025653_SPOD_PODRCPM_base_US&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon=1&gp=1&tf=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&sc_intid=PODRCPM&ef_id=CjwKCAiA_ZTfBRBjEiwAN6YG4UD6uWEvmrjzGQp7WSlNkK94ND8fIAIe6OhEkuYlJMfY6Rw-bf7rrRoCgJEQAvD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!7836!3!172972240203!!!g!277654025653!&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SC%20Shopping%20-%20NTM%20Desktop&ecmp=s:google_738830849_38035436109__aud-78878171836:pla-277654025653

Or this
https://www.amazon.com/Blazer-C3050K-Wireless-Management-Accessories/dp/B06XNV3PPC

There are tons of new options out there.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2018, 09:07:01 PM »

MIne aren't Ford Upfitters. I installed a custom panel, so anything I hook up has to have a relay installed. Fine with me as I have a wack load of good ones that I can make use of. The plan is to set up the back bumper lights so that I can trigger to come on with the reverse lights or manually. I'll mount up a LED bar on the front once I get the matching front bumper to the rear one going on next week.

All the Aurora lights come with relays and switches so you can cut the switch out and wire to your pod.   The two light kits come with connectors for the lights...you will however have to splice pos and neg wires in between the connections b/c they are not long enough to make it from the back of the truck to the front. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2018, 11:38:33 PM »
Makes sense. I already have power and a fused distribution box hidden behind the tail light. I will however need to route some wiring to be able to connect the switch to the relay that I will have to mount at the back of the truck.

The whole front is wired in and ready for a light bar, I just have to get the really expensive bumper...

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 03:40:53 PM »
Jason (or anyone this applies to), on a side note but somewhat related to switch location.  Assuming you still carry, where do you put your gun while driving?  I like some of the mountain but again, I don't want to drill in to the dash.  I'm also hesitant to apply an adhesive to it as well.  Alien Gear makes a seat holster that places it between your legs on the front of the seat. 

* Recent Photos

IMG_1109.JPG

Views: 3
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal