April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff  (Read 167096 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff
« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2020, 11:27:43 AM »
Mike,

It's beautiful up there isn't it? Stella and I will be up there (near Lake George) in February.
It really is.  I love the scerenity of lakes and mountains and there is nothing but lakes and mountains up there.  Not sure how well you know that specific area but they are right on Fourth Lake.  I think there's lakes 1-7.  Also Raquet Lake which is pretty big and some others. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I used to go up to Indian Lake every fall with a ski club I belonged to. Alcohol might have been involved though.
Alcohol is very involved up there.  I'm actually surprised there aren't a lot more deaths.  Snow mobiling is basically bar hopping every night but on sleds. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #436 on: January 21, 2020, 11:47:40 AM »
I tried three times to upload photos from Tapatalk and it failed.  I suspected it was a file size issue as each photo is roughly 25mb but so were the last photos so who knows. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2020, 06:24:06 PM »
Mike,

It's beautiful up there isn't it? Stella and I will be up there (near Lake George) in February.
It really is.  I love the scerenity of lakes and mountains and there is nothing but lakes and mountains up there.  Not sure how well you know that specific area but they are right on Fourth Lake.  I think there's lakes 1-7.  Also Raquet Lake which is pretty big and some others. 

I used to go up to Indian Lake every fall with a ski club I belonged to. Alcohol might have been involved though.
Alcohol is very involved up there.  I'm actually surprised there aren't a lot more deaths.  Snow mobiling is basically bar hopping every night but on sleds. 

You forgot the part about the sleds all being capable of - and being driven at - 100+ MPH.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2020, 06:39:58 PM »
Mike,

You forgot the part about the sleds all being capable of - and being driven at - 100+ MPH.
That's what I mean.  They're super dangerous to begin with.  Two way traffic on trails, guys flying at high speeds, piss drunk.  You can see the most popular bar from Cassie's parents house.  Saturday night there were easily 75+ sleds parked at the bar.  That's just one of the local bars that are packed with riders.  You figure there's probably hundreds of riders at any given time on the trails in the areas.  Visibility is low from snow being kicked up and any amount of falling snow is like a damn whiteout. 

The lake wasn't frozen enough yet because of the warm temps the week before.  My second time ever on a sled and my first time on the lake and there were very sketchy barely frozen sections.  I did manage 93mph on her dad's Skidoo 850 etec. 

Going to try again to upload an image of the bar relative to her parents house.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2020, 06:43:19 PM »
Hey it uploaded.  Let's try more.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2020, 06:45:30 PM »
Those look amazing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #441 on: January 21, 2020, 06:45:52 PM »
Yay.  One more set.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #442 on: January 22, 2020, 12:28:44 AM »
Back to the house to look on monitor....

Dude,get frames, print those out.    Look for stock photography sites you can dump those to for royalties.   

Those are really great shots Mike.   People need to see them. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #443 on: January 22, 2020, 08:14:10 AM »
Back to the house to look on monitor....

Dude,get frames, print those out.    Look for stock photography sites you can dump those to for royalties.   

Those are really great shots Mike.   People need to see them.
Too kind, Jason.  Thank you.  I had a hell of a time editing these.  I think that's more my fault though.  I've really been trying to get deeper in to Lightroom and everything is has to offer outside of the obvious basics and I think I've overwhelmed myself and over complicated things.  Just another step on evolving the craft I guess. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #444 on: January 22, 2020, 08:22:20 AM »
Ryan, you might be interested in this.  I know you were interested in a GoPro at one point and maybe still are.  Insta360 has released a new camera.  I've been waiting to mention it until more info came out and some test video but I haven't seen dedicated video from users just yet.  Anyway, Insta360 One R is an action can similar to GoPro, can be a 360 camera similar to GoPro Max or GoPro Fusion, and also has an option for a one inch sensor which I understand isnt really one inch.  I'm very interested in this myself because I want a 360 camera and until now the new GoPro Max has been my choice.  Now I need to do some research.  So interestingly enough, I can tie this in to drones and you will see it at the end of the video.  There is a drone mount to turn your drone in to a 360 camera tending the drone itself invisible similar to how selfie sticks become invisible causing a floating camera effect with 360 cameras.  I'm going on too much.  Check out the video.  I'll also go back and find a sample video I think would be right up your Canadian alley.  Haha

https://youtu.be/cx3Bo-58Zyw

https://youtu.be/zlOMwEeNnBc

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #445 on: January 22, 2020, 12:37:19 PM »
The real difference is the ability to edit and enhance.    I used to be fairly competent in Photoshop bit it really hard to learn.    Never used lightbridge.    I focus my attention on composition.   But that is really hard to do with drones.   Do you crop your images as part of your post editing?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #446 on: January 22, 2020, 12:49:07 PM »

The real difference is the ability to edit and enhance.    I used to be fairly competent in Photoshop bit it really hard to learn.    Never used lightbridge.    I focus my attention on composition.   But that is really hard to do with drones.   Do you crop your images as part of your post editing?

The extent of my cropping has been to straighten out the horizon if it's messed up.  Otherwise I haven't cropped a single photo ever.  Obviously the horizon isn't much of an issue with drones because of the gimbal.  If I take a shot with my phone that I really like and it's a little off I will rotate it and crop it down just enough to get rid of the empty space created in the corners. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #447 on: January 23, 2020, 11:35:21 PM »
That camera looks pretty cool! I bought a hero 8 black and have yet to do anything with it. Kinda hoping to mess around with it mountain biking this summer.

I still really want to get a drone, just waiting for the Mavic 2 pros to start dropping in price in the used market. They seem to be getting a foothold in the classifieds around me.

Love the shots above! I can’t wait to get on my sled in February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #448 on: January 24, 2020, 07:05:34 AM »
Funny drone story. A few years ago, the offshore powerboating club I belong to bought a drone to take videos of our poker runs. Sounded like a great idea at the time. On the very first run, we send the boat with the drone down the lake if front of everybody. (It was kind of snotty.) Anyway, the guys put the drone up, 50 or so high performance boats bear down on it, then a good gust of wind slaps it right out of the sky. Drone hits the water and the camera breaks off - in 800 feet of water.

Yea, that went well.  :dope:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #449 on: January 24, 2020, 09:04:20 AM »
Seneca lake?  That's a deep lake. 

These drones can handle some serious wind.  I'm guessing he had it flying pretty low.  It's also recommended not to fly from a boat.  It's supposedly tough to get back. 

* Recent Photos

100_2295.JPG

Views: 2
By: BigSur

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal