1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff  (Read 163224 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff
« Reply #420 on: January 13, 2020, 06:50:49 PM »
Not drone related.  But this is a video of one of the hikes we did in Maine at Acadia National Park.  Actually I'll post both of them.  And I know I spelled Precipice wrong.  I'm much too lazy to go back in and fix it.  One day.  They're a little long.  Sorry about that.

Beehive Trail.  520' of straight up vertical elevation change with am incredible little lake on the loop back.  Apparently the lake is packed with leeches.  Fun. 

Precipice Trail.  1,049 of straight up vertical elevation change.  The loop back wasnt as nice and I don't even think I kept the GoPro on.  It faced back in to the town of Bar Harbor for a little bit and then we took the road back because otherwise you have to climb back down half of the cliff face and that sounded awful.  This trail was very similar to the previous trail except more challenging.  More iron rungs (exposed iron ladders attached to the cliff face with pretty much nothing but a long fall under you), sketchy narrow sections and boulder runs.  We almost turned back at the first iron run because Cassie couldn't get up it.  It was too high.  I had to help her up but it almost deterred us from going on.  Turns out that was the only one like that which I assume is to weed out the weak and those who don't belong. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Pretty cool. Remind me of “The Cheif” in B.C.  it was a serious hike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel like I already know the answer to this but have you been to Banff National Park?  It's currently a bucket list location for me. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #421 on: January 13, 2020, 07:01:53 PM »
I just watched a video on The Chief.  The views are incredible.  I dont know what it is about man made wooden steps.  They irritate me.  For whatever reason, they seem more tiring than even just rock steps, even if man made.  I think it's a mental thing where the steps make me feel like I'm not really hiking, making it less enjoyable, making me focus more on how my body feels rather than the overall experience.  I'd do it though for sure. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #422 on: January 13, 2020, 08:34:42 PM »
Not drone related.  But this is a video of one of the hikes we did in Maine at Acadia National Park.  Actually I'll post both of them.  And I know I spelled Precipice wrong.  I'm much too lazy to go back in and fix it.  One day.  They're a little long.  Sorry about that.

Beehive Trail.  520' of straight up vertical elevation change with am incredible little lake on the loop back.  Apparently the lake is packed with leeches.  Fun. 

Precipice Trail.  1,049 of straight up vertical elevation change.  The loop back wasnt as nice and I don't even think I kept the GoPro on.  It faced back in to the town of Bar Harbor for a little bit and then we took the road back because otherwise you have to climb back down half of the cliff face and that sounded awful.  This trail was very similar to the previous trail except more challenging.  More iron rungs (exposed iron ladders attached to the cliff face with pretty much nothing but a long fall under you), sketchy narrow sections and boulder runs.  We almost turned back at the first iron run because Cassie couldn't get up it.  It was too high.  I had to help her up but it almost deterred us from going on.  Turns out that was the only one like that which I assume is to weed out the weak and those who don't belong. 

Pretty cool. Remind me of “The Cheif” in B.C.  it was a serious hike.

I feel like I already know the answer to this but have you been to Banff National Park?  It's currently a bucket list location for me. 

I’ve only ever driven past Banff, never had the opportunity to stop in it or spend any time there. Now that we are pretty close, we’ll probably go there  next summer sometime.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #423 on: January 13, 2020, 08:38:20 PM »
I just watched a video on The Chief.  The views are incredible.  I dont know what it is about man made wooden steps.  They irritate me.  For whatever reason, they seem more tiring than even just rock steps, even if man made.  I think it's a mental thing where the steps make me feel like I'm not really hiking, making it less enjoyable, making me focus more on how my body feels rather than the overall experience.  I'd do it though for sure. 

I’ve done first peak a few times and the views are mind blowing. At the top you are literally on a giant rock that you can’t really see the edge of and it’s a bit freaky.

2nd and 3rd peak are more technical and more exposed, my Wife and SIL gave up after a few expose sections and we had to go back down.

Unfortunately, the Chief is getting to be like the Grind and app many people hit it, that they have to build actual steps out of rock and wood, due to erosion.

Seriously, if you and Cassie ever come out this way, let me know!

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #424 on: January 13, 2020, 08:53:00 PM »

I’ve done first peak a few times and the views are mind blowing. At the top you are literally on a giant rock that you can’t really see the edge of and it’s a bit freaky.

2nd and 3rd peak are more technical and more exposed, my Wife and SIL gave up after a few expose sections and we had to go back down.

Unfortunately, the Chief is getting to be like the Grind and app many people hit it, that they have to build actual steps out of rock and wood, due to erosion.

Seriously, if you and Cassie ever come out this way, let me know!

I just showed her videos of Moraine Lake and The Chief and she's already told me like 3 times she wants to go.  But she wants to go everywhere so that's nothing new.  Haha

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #425 on: January 15, 2020, 10:35:13 AM »
DJI needs to step up their game before they get left behind.  They're only going to be able to succeed off of name alone for so long.  The Skydio 2 and Autel Evo 2 are impressive.  The Evo is in the video below.  The video even has a new watch for Jason.

https://youtu.be/hthbd5R1md4

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #426 on: January 15, 2020, 11:53:27 AM »
DJI needs to step up their game before they get left behind.  They're only going to be able to succeed off of name alone for so long.  The Skydio 2 and Autel Evo 2 are impressive.  The Evo is in the video below.  The video even has a new watch for Jason.

https://youtu.be/hthbd5R1md4

I agree, that is major innovation.    They look less complicated than DJI to fly.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #427 on: January 17, 2020, 09:20:06 AM »
I had the drone out this morning here in upstate NY.  It was a crisp -7 degrees.  I burned through half of a battery and landed it.  My hands were in so much pain.  It only got worse when I came back inside.  I swapped to a fresh battery and went back out.  Got it in the air and went back inside and flew from the recliner near the window that overlooks the like.  Much smarter.  It's a weird feeling though because you just don't feel as in touch with the drone. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #428 on: January 17, 2020, 02:44:02 PM »
I had the drone out this morning here in upstate NY.  It was a crisp -7 degrees.  I burned through half of a battery and landed it.  My hands were in so much pain.  It only got worse when I came back inside.  I swapped to a fresh battery and went back out.  Got it in the air and went back inside and flew from the recliner near the window that overlooks the like.  Much smarter.  It's a weird feeling though because you just don't feel as in touch with the drone. 

Flying your drone from a recliner inside a warm living room? I'm not sure if you need to turn your Man Card in or if that gets you a Merit Badge.

Welcome to New York State!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #429 on: January 17, 2020, 05:07:35 PM »

Flying your drone from a recliner inside a warm living room? I'm not sure if you need to turn your Man Card in or if that gets you a Merit Badge.

Welcome to New York State!
I'll give up my man card before I give up my fingers. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #430 on: January 19, 2020, 12:03:09 PM »
I know a guy b/c of how and where he flies his drone, usually flys from inside his truck several miles away.   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #431 on: January 19, 2020, 05:15:22 PM »
I know a guy b/c of how and where he flies his drone, usually flys from inside his truck several miles away.
I fly from my truck all the time because of the cold.  It's really hard to be precise when you have little to no feeling in your fingers.  The last set of pictures I posted were taken from my truck.  It was nice flying it in upstate NY because of how remote and desolate it is.  The range is greatly improved even when the direct line of sight is somewhat blocked.  I will try to edit some photos tomorrow. 

Here's an idea of where I was.  It's one of the under exposed jpg bracketed shot I took.  I purposely chose a crappy version of it for now.  I wish I had more time to myself and less windy conditions to get out and explore some more. 

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 05:27:05 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #432 on: January 20, 2020, 06:25:46 AM »
Mike,

It's beautiful up there isn't it? Stella and I will be up there (near Lake George) in February.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #433 on: January 20, 2020, 10:21:30 AM »
Mike,

It's beautiful up there isn't it? Stella and I will be up there (near Lake George) in February.
It really is.  I love the scerenity of lakes and mountains and there is nothing but lakes and mountains up there.  Not sure how well you know that specific area but they are right on Fourth Lake.  I think there's lakes 1-7.  Also Raquet Lake which is pretty big and some others. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #434 on: January 20, 2020, 06:22:14 PM »
Mike,

It really is.  I love the scerenity of lakes and mountains and there is nothing but lakes and mountains up there.  Not sure how well you know that specific area but they are right on Fourth Lake.  I think there's lakes 1-7.  Also Raquet Lake which is pretty big and some others. 

I used to go up to Indian Lake every fall with a ski club I belonged to. Alcohol might have been involved though.

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal