* Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff  (Read 163275 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff
« Reply #405 on: January 10, 2020, 05:56:28 PM »
Should I be the first to note that you need to update your sig pic? Maybe a pink Vespa or something?  :funny:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #406 on: January 10, 2020, 06:01:08 PM »
Should I be the first to note that you need to update your sig pic? Maybe a pink Vespa or something?  :funny:
Wow.  Couldn't tell you the last time I even looked at that pic.  I think I skipped a truck.  Hmm.  Might have to get around to that sooner or later. 

The pink Vespa is a classic.  I dont think I am on that level yet.
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #407 on: January 11, 2020, 10:40:11 PM »
My pitiful snow shot.    72 and Tornado's on Friday....wake up to 1 inch of snow.    Gone by 3 pm sat.   

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #408 on: January 12, 2020, 05:35:55 AM »
Believe it or not, that's more snow than we've got on the ground up here!  :cry:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #409 on: January 12, 2020, 07:44:51 AM »
We got your warm weather here. The ski resorts highest run is just grass right now.  Crazy.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #410 on: January 12, 2020, 08:26:39 AM »
Just came across this video.  Related to drones in Canada.  There's a lot of pointless interaction in the video so I had to skip through quiet a bit. 

https://youtu.be/wDZAGJh8N-M

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #411 on: January 12, 2020, 02:20:13 PM »
Yeah, I found out about it a while back. Looks like it isn’t that big of a deal to get the basic license. You can go take a course and write the exam at the end.

In all honesty though. Unless you are around a City, there is nobody enforcing these laws. I have friends that work for DNR and they are told to not issue fines and just provide a warning, and that was of being used in a national or provincial park.

I’ll probably just get the basic license and then I won’t have to worry about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #412 on: January 12, 2020, 02:48:22 PM »
I have to imagine this is more for the commercial drone pilots.....do what my friend does...plays dumb.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #413 on: January 12, 2020, 02:56:13 PM »
I have to imagine this is more for the commercial drone pilots.....do what my friend does...plays dumb.   

I dont think its just commercial.  I read something a while back but I guess it wasn't official.  Then I came across that video and it seems to be an official law now.  It just seems like an extreme test.  Seems lazy as if they didn't want to learn about drones and design a specific test and regulations so they just tack it on to existing laws meant for much more extreme aircraft. 

Ryan mentioned a more basic test.  I'd be curious what that entails and how it compares.  I also imagine taking the test gets you the same certification or equivalent of part 107.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #414 on: January 12, 2020, 04:42:49 PM »

This is for ANY Drone operator from 250 grams to 25 Kilograms.

The basic is only 35 questions and $10.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #415 on: January 12, 2020, 10:46:23 PM »
sounds easy enough but 30 hours of class room for that?

JP

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #416 on: January 13, 2020, 01:26:29 AM »
For the basic, you can just go online and write it. They recommend taking a course.

For the “advanced” license, you have to take the course and prove competence by flying your drone.

It’s all a bit of a joke really. I don’t know if anyone actually enforces these laws. I’m sure you’re gonna be in some crap if you fly around a airport or city or something.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #417 on: January 13, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
For the basic, you can just go online and write it. They recommend taking a course.

For the “advanced” license, you have to take the course and prove competence by flying your drone.

It’s all a bit of a joke really. I don’t know if anyone actually enforces these laws. I’m sure you’re gonna be in some crap if you fly around a airport or city or something.

I'd be screwed.  I crash a lot.  Is drone mechanic part of the test?  That might average my scores out a bit. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #418 on: January 13, 2020, 06:45:17 PM »
Not drone related.  But this is a video of one of the hikes we did in Maine at Acadia National Park.  Actually I'll post both of them.  And I know I spelled Precipice wrong.  I'm much too lazy to go back in and fix it.  One day.  They're a little long.  Sorry about that.

Beehive Trail.  520' of straight up vertical elevation change with am incredible little lake on the loop back.  Apparently the lake is packed with leeches.  Fun. 

Precipice Trail.  1,049 of straight up vertical elevation change.  The loop back wasnt as nice and I don't even think I kept the GoPro on.  It faced back in to the town of Bar Harbor for a little bit and then we took the road back because otherwise you have to climb back down half of the cliff face and that sounded awful.  This trail was very similar to the previous trail except more challenging.  More iron rungs (exposed iron ladders attached to the cliff face with pretty much nothing but a long fall under you), sketchy narrow sections and boulder runs.  We almost turned back at the first iron run because Cassie couldn't get up it.  It was too high.  I had to help her up but it almost deterred us from going on.  Turns out that was the only one like that which I assume is to weed out the weak and those who don't belong. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #419 on: January 13, 2020, 06:48:24 PM »
Not drone related.  But this is a video of one of the hikes we did in Maine at Acadia National Park.  Actually I'll post both of them.  And I know I spelled Precipice wrong.  I'm much too lazy to go back in and fix it.  One day.  They're a little long.  Sorry about that.

Beehive Trail.  520' of straight up vertical elevation change with am incredible little lake on the loop back.  Apparently the lake is packed with leeches.  Fun. 

Precipice Trail.  1,049 of straight up vertical elevation change.  The loop back wasnt as nice and I don't even think I kept the GoPro on.  It faced back in to the town of Bar Harbor for a little bit and then we took the road back because otherwise you have to climb back down half of the cliff face and that sounded awful.  This trail was very similar to the previous trail except more challenging.  More iron rungs (exposed iron ladders attached to the cliff face with pretty much nothing but a long fall under you), sketchy narrow sections and boulder runs.  We almost turned back at the first iron run because Cassie couldn't get up it.  It was too high.  I had to help her up but it almost deterred us from going on.  Turns out that was the only one like that which I assume is to weed out the weak and those who don't belong. 

Pretty cool. Remind me of “The Cheif” in B.C.  it was a serious hike.

* Recent Photos

IMG_0476.JPG

Views: 2
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal