1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff  (Read 163208 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2019, 08:20:53 PM »
Those are great shots. I think you should pitch a few of them to the PA board of tourism!
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #301 on: March 29, 2019, 09:26:12 AM »
These are awesome! 

https://qz.com/1583018/the-worlds-best-drone-pictures-chosen-by-skypixel-and-dji/

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #302 on: March 30, 2019, 09:03:02 PM »
These are awesome! 

https://qz.com/1583018/the-worlds-best-drone-pictures-chosen-by-skypixel-and-dji/

Some of those shots are mind blowing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: March 31, 2019, 04:21:06 PM »
Took the drone with us yesterday on a little half-day trip just to get out and enjoy the warm weather.  It was in the 70s.  Unfortunately it was cloudy and crowded where we went.  Saw these windmills so we drove around until I found a place I felt comfortable launching from.  I wish we had nicer skies and some more greenery but so be it.  I think I may drive out for sunrise in the future when it's nicer out.  I might he able to get graffiti road then too which was the original idea. 

I didn't get much time to fly.  As you can imagine, where there are windmills, there is wind.  I snapped off a few and even grabbed a pano before I started getting warnings.  If you look at the base of the first windmill, you can see a row of SxS. We saw about 50 ATVs, SxSs, and dirt bikes while we were out.

Here's a normal shot and then the pano full size and a cropped 3:1 version.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #304 on: April 01, 2019, 03:17:25 PM »
Wicked, I really think the windmills are cool. Most don’t realize how big they actually are.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #305 on: April 01, 2019, 03:53:15 PM »
Wicked, I really think the windmills are cool. Most don’t realize how big they actually are.

I agree.  I think they're awesome.  What really made me realize how big they are is when you see the individual blades being hauled on a truck. 

I posted the images on a Facebook group and surprisingly a handful of people hate them.  That caught me off guard.   

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #306 on: April 01, 2019, 04:01:35 PM »
lol, There are critics EVERYWHERE.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #307 on: April 01, 2019, 07:03:35 PM »
lol, There are critics EVERYWHERE.
It's hilarious.  People complaining about how it ruins the look of the mountains.  They're too noisy.  Some people don't really have a reason.  I've had some angry and sad faces.  Haha.  Even though I truly don't care, I can't help but wonder, on a photography page, what makes someone rant about the subject rather than appreciate the picture for what it is.  Everytime I see a picture of Hitler, I don't go ranting about the type of person he was. 

Someone posted a great picture of the Bethlehem Steel's steel stacks then other day and people started complaining about how they should tear them down and recycle the metal because the rain and wind are just going to do it anyway.  Crazy.  Its a huge piece of national history.  And an awesome picture.  Wtf is wrong with people.  Might as well tear down the pyramids, sphinx, the colliseum...

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #308 on: April 02, 2019, 12:48:11 AM »
Sorry I haven't been as present...work has me heads down.   Wind Farms...l love them...we have some areas in Texas where they are as far as the eye can see....great shots Mike.   I love pulling over and listening to them.    The ones we have here I am sure are the same are massive.   I would love to fly around them and fly between the blades.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #309 on: April 02, 2019, 09:00:12 AM »
Sorry I haven't been as present...work has me heads down.   Wind Farms...l love them...we have some areas in Texas where they are as far as the eye can see....great shots Mike.   I love pulling over and listening to them.    The ones we have here I am sure are the same are massive.   I would love to fly around them and fly between the blades.
I don't know about flying through the blades.  It would look killer though if you could fly backwards through it so it just suddenly popped in to the scene.  I wouldn't feel comfortable trying that though.  There is no depth perception flying by the screen.  You cant judge distances at all. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2019, 05:53:25 PM »
So one of our first jobs this year was a weird hipster pod park in Philadelphia.  They take containers and turn them in to "buildings".  So a few of them are fitness related like yoga.  Some are kitchens.  There's a communal area for just hanging out.  A coffee bar.  A nursery, etc.  So I used it to my advantage to grab a shot or two of the city while I was at it.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2019, 07:24:19 PM »
Pretty cool shots.

I’m all for folks that want to take up less space! Leaves more for me!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #312 on: April 12, 2019, 07:31:40 PM »
Cool thing I literally just found out was that alien robot has a name.  It's Bebot.  He was at burning man and has been disassembled and moved across the country to this park.  About 3/4 of the way down the page it talks about it.  Now I kind of like it. https://www.andreagreenlees.com/

I was there for 4 days and fought the urge to climb it only to find out it's meant to be climbed.  I wonder how long until some drink from the distillery next door wanders over, climbs it, falls out hitting every bar possible and crashes down headfirst on the river rock.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2019, 07:47:05 PM »
That's what we call Natural Selection!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #314 on: April 12, 2019, 08:02:10 PM »
That's what we call Natural Selection!
Haha, absolutely!

* Recent Photos

sl6.JPG

Views: 1
By: Old Dogg™

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal