March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff  (Read 163227 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff
« Reply #255 on: March 03, 2019, 12:15:26 AM »
damn it, my last responses to this thread didnt' show...thanks Tapatalk...(maybe I didn't hit send) .  ugh

Was in San Diego all week....great shots Mike.   Looks like your dogs.....well Opie was happy to see you.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #256 on: March 03, 2019, 11:52:41 AM »
damn it, my last responses to this thread didnt' show...thanks Tapatalk...(maybe I didn't hit send) .  ugh

Was in San Diego all week....great shots Mike.   Looks like your dogs.....well Opie was happy to see you.
Sure, blame Tapatalk.  You probably meant to post in the Windrock thread anyway.

I took the drone with me to Tennessee.  I barely got a chance to use it.  I got up early and went down to the lake but with it being a day or two after their monsoon (12+ inches in some places) everything was a muddy, ugly mess.  The lake was brown and full of debris.  I took it to the cabin for the two nights we we're there.  I tried one sunset flight but it was cloudy-ish out.  The next morning I got up early before everyone and attempted a sunrise flight.  Still a little cloudy and I had to go to 700' to get high enough for a decent shot.  I took it out on the SxS as well and when we finally reached our destination we we're at something like 3200-3400' elevation on the top of a plateau.  There were 30mph winds and 40+ gusts.  So no go there.  Shame too because it was amazing up there and there were elk.  I have to go through what I did get.  I haven't even looked at them yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: March 03, 2019, 08:10:14 PM »
So a little post brought some of the pictures to life.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #258 on: March 03, 2019, 08:48:21 PM »
So weird issue.  I edited these in Lightroom and Photoshop.  I save them in Photoshop as PNG files.  I uploaded them to Google drive and downloaded on my phone.  They uploaded ok to to the forum here but on Facebook they revert back to the original raw file before any editing.  Any ideas?

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2019, 01:36:12 PM »
So weird issue.  I edited these in Lightroom and Photoshop.  I save them in Photoshop as PNG files.  I uploaded them to Google drive and downloaded on my phone.  They uploaded ok to to the forum here but on Facebook they revert back to the original raw file before any editing.  Any ideas?

I suspect FB doesn't like PNG files
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2019, 02:21:06 PM »

I suspect FB doesn't like PNG files
I just don't understand how it completely removes the edits.  It goes right back to straight from the camera.  I think the lower quality uploads to Facebook and through Tapatalk are because PNG files are so big.  Roughly 60mb for a 12 mega pixel image.  My assumption is that when when it gets compressed during the upload it has to compress it much more, losing a lot of data.  That I understand, if that is indeed the case.  I just dont understand losing the edits.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: March 04, 2019, 04:27:21 PM »
I've resaves the images as JPGs at a fraction of the size.  10mb compared to 60mb.  Same issue.  Facebook just will not recognize the edits. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2019, 10:58:17 AM »
I think I have the issue with the photos reverting back to before the editting worked out now.  It was the difference between "Save As" and "Export As" is Photoshop.  I think Save As was retaining the base photo.  Export seems to only save the finalized, as you see it image.  Saving both ways as a PNG file result in drastically different sized files.  60Mb compared to 15Mb.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2019, 01:37:01 PM »
That makes sense.

Great pics!
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2019, 07:05:34 PM »
That makes sense.

Great pics!
Thanks.  I see that tractor every day.  That field is 2 minutes from my house.  I thought it looked so cool out there with nothing around it and the mountain as the back drop.  I finally stopped and flew the drone out a couple days ago.  It was a fast flight because those power lines were causing havoc with the drone.  When I flew it back towards me, I was.hovering and it was at an angle.  I did that realize how strong the wind was, even at ground level.  The drone was amazingly stable. 

Funny thing is today the tractor was gone. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #265 on: March 14, 2019, 08:22:31 PM »
Went out for sunrise this morning up to the lake.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #266 on: March 14, 2019, 08:28:50 PM »
And this one.  Halfway through my first battery my gimbal said F you.  So I said F you right back, let's make lemonade.  I thought it looked cool

PS I need to find a decent image hosting place that doesnt completely ruin images because those look like crap.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 08:30:53 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #267 on: March 14, 2019, 08:55:25 PM »
Are you hosting now or just uploading using TapaTalk?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #268 on: March 14, 2019, 09:09:58 PM »
Are you hosting now or just uploading using TapaTalk?
Just using Tapatalk but I think since I started saving all of my photos in a higher quality, basically not JPGs anymore, they're a larger, less compressed file.  So when Tapatalk uploads it, like Facebook, it super compresses the file and just crushes the quality. 

For example:
 That first photo is 21MB before I upload.  Tapatalk converts and degrades it to 95kb.  That's insane.  That's a lot of data loss.

If I was to start with a high quality JPG, it would be somewhere around 4-6MB I would guess.  That's a lot less data loss and degredation to get to 95kb. 

It's sad but Facebook did a better job uploading and preserving the quality. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #269 on: March 15, 2019, 10:55:29 AM »
A free option it to try out Imgur. If not, email me a good quality photo and I'll host using photobucket to see quality.

Photobucket got their pricing in line and @$4 a month, I can hack that.

* Recent Photos

DSC02916.JPG

Views: 0
By: jkilmurray

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal