April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff  (Read 167234 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2019, 06:19:53 PM »
A few pictures from today.  Gotta throw the video together.  By throw together I mean painstakingly slow editing I will probably end up not being happy with regardless.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2019, 07:34:29 PM »
The video...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2019, 10:07:58 PM »
Pretty cool vid. Those "Ice Veins" look really interesting.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2019, 07:45:00 AM »
Pretty cool vid. Those "Ice Veins" look really interesting.
Thanks.  I realized afterwards that there were some bad parts of the video.  I think something happened during the processing part of the video.

Ice veins... Is that what they're called?  I have no idea.  They're pretty neat looking.  I kept thinking what if I lose this thing out in the middle of the lake?  It is frozen.  Maybe I could get it.  That'd be so stupid but I don't know if I could leave it there.  I walked about 10' out on the boat launch.  Enough to get wet calves if it broke.   

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2019, 08:48:54 AM »
That's what we call them up here anyway. I usually happens when the ice settles and water pushed up between the cracks.

I have very little fear of ice. Growing up, I had to help set nets for ice fishing (commercial). That meant getting out on 2-3" of ice, breaking a hole and then putting a piece of wood called a "shuttle" on the end of the net. You would then push it under the edge of the ice and then walk behind it to push it along underneath the ice. Basically you were creating a "ice wave" that moved the wood along. You would be surprised at how much ice flexes before it breaks!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2019, 09:01:59 AM »
That's what we call them up here anyway. I usually happens when the ice settles and water pushed up between the cracks.

I have very little fear of ice. Growing up, I had to help set nets for ice fishing (commercial). That meant getting out on 2-3" of ice, breaking a hole and then putting a piece of wood called a "shuttle" on the end of the net. You would then push it under the edge of the ice and then walk behind it to push it along underneath the ice. Basically you were creating a "ice wave" that moved the wood along. You would be surprised at how much ice flexes before it breaks!
The bigger fear for me is that we have only had a few nights of really cold temps.  We have been mostly in the 40s this winter for daytime highs.  Only recently have we been below freezing.  I think yesterday's high was 35 in Jim Thorpe which is where that lake was.

In upstate NY, Adirondack area, where Cassie's parents have a place, the lakes freeze over really thick.  They ride their sleds up there.  Even there you will come across open waters.  And actually I think while editing the video I saw a bit of open water in the wider part of the lake.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 09:04:44 AM by Kitzy »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2019, 10:39:13 PM »
sad, you guys are warmer than us....

We are going in the low 50's tomorrow but we are getting an artic blast this weekend...highs only 25 Sat and Sun.....I gotta go work on the camper and clear the water lines.   

Ugh .  Winter sucks .
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2019, 07:12:36 AM »
sad, you guys are warmer than us....

We are going in the low 50's tomorrow but we are getting an artic blast this weekend...highs only 25 Sat and Sun.....I gotta go work on the camper and clear the water lines.   

Ugh .  Winter sucks .
Monday is going to be 11 if it makes you feel any better.  They also want snow 3 days in a row. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »
Yea, we've got a possible blizzard coming through Saturday / Sunday. Still some debate as to the actual path though and that could make one hell of a difference in how hard we get hit. I might actually have to pull the snow blower out for the first time this winter! Oh wait, my knee is still recovering. I wonder how Stella will do with a 10 HP / 28" cut Ariens?  :funny:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2019, 02:09:42 PM »

I know you probably don't want to hear this right now but a very reputable repair guy on the Mavic forum is selling a bunch of phantom 4 pros.  He said most come with a battery, controller and drone.  Prices start at $750. 

Edit - just noticed the Phantom 4 Advanced+ is on sale at B&H for $1049.  It's a daily deal.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 04:57:40 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2019, 11:17:12 PM »
^^^^those are all good deals.

The P4 is a larger unit, but man, is it fun to fly.   I do want a smaller DJI and its on the radar pardon the pun but I love my P4 Pro+ .

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2019, 12:53:14 AM »
For me, it would have to be a smaller unit like a Mavic. P4 is just too big to lug around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2019, 07:37:29 AM »
For me, it would have to be a smaller unit like a Mavic. P4 is just too big to lug around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was how I felt when I was looking to get one.  I wanted portability.  Something I could throw in a hiking pack.  It'd be nice to have the better camera though which now the Mavic 2 has anyway.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2019, 09:06:57 PM »
Going to shift a previous conversation in to here so I can leave Ryan's thread to the original topic...for now.  Haha.

Not a drone, but it is a DJI product.  My Osmo Mobile 2 showed up yesterday and after a strange charging cycle, it finally fully charged.  So DJI doesn't supply a charging block.  They only supply a generic USB cable.  After enough googling and not being happy with the status of the charging, I went through a few blocks and found one as close to 2a as I could.  That seemed to do the trick. 

One problem solved.  Next issue, for the life of me, I can't get it to connect to the DJI Go 4 app.  Lots more googling, lots of fussing around, I finally come across the answer I need.  DJI also has a DJI Go app.  Not to be confused with the DJI Go 4 app.  That's not confusing at all.  Especially when the description in the app store say one is for new drones and one is for old drones. 

All sorted out... It's pretty neat and I look forward to playing around with it some more.  The time lapse features are pretty neat and the video is super smooth. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2019, 02:08:01 PM »
I didn't think this would work because it's so windy out but did a little test for motion lapse. 

* Recent Photos

Views: 3
By: hwm3

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal