Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff  (Read 161028 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2018, 08:21:01 PM »
Jason, check this video.  Starts off subtle and gets worse. 

Side note, in the full video, I wasn't paying attention and around that rock outcropping on the right and lost contact.  That was fun.  I was not set up for a proper return to home. 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2018, 12:24:48 AM »

Side note, in the full video, I wasn't paying attention and around that rock outcropping on the right and lost contact.  That was fun.  I was not set up for a proper return to home. 

Not to dive in my prior Photography background to far here but could it be since the Sun as the light source was behind you, the camera was picking up reflections off the blades?   Could also be reflecting light off the water to your blades....are your blades shinny enough to reflect light and shadows?   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2018, 06:09:37 AM »

Not to dive in my prior Photography background to far here but could it be since the Sun as the light source was behind you, the camera was picking up reflections off the blades?   Could also be reflecting light off the water to your blades....are your blades shinny enough to reflect light and shadows?
A little research is bringing up rolling shutter.  Seems to be the same effect based on what I saw on YouTube.  They say vibration is causing it. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2018, 08:08:32 PM »
hmmm vibration you say...do you have a prop balancer?   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2018, 08:21:55 PM »
hmmm vibration you say...do you have a prop balancer?
I do not. I first heard about them while reading up on it yesterday but haven't put too much thought in to them.  I literally know nothing about them. You questioning that though has me wondering if I should look in to them.  It also says ND filters and polarizing filters help. I have ND but could really use some polarizing filters.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2018, 08:31:01 PM »
I have another friend who is really in to drones...he sands all his props and uses that prop balancer to help his fly better.

I have 2 sets, I just grab the first matching 4 out of the case and go to town. 

My reair is being shipped today, so I will probably get by Friday.   

Did I ever post photos of what they sent me back

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2018, 08:37:14 PM »
I'm going to look in to this balancer and other fixes for the vibrations.  I have crashed it 2 or 3... Or 4... Maybe 5 times.  Haha.  I lost count. 

You never posted the pictures.  Only described how they jacked it up.
I have another friend who is really in to drones...he sands all his props and uses that prop balancer to help his fly better.

I have 2 sets, I just grab the first matching 4 out of the case and go to town. 

My reair is being shipped today, so I will probably get by Friday.   

Did I ever post photos of what they sent me back

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2018, 08:40:19 PM »
Doesn't look like much but I would have to hold the controller to the left to see it.   Had to photo how bad it is. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2018, 09:07:47 PM »
I feel like it could have been bent straight.  I'd probably break it in the process.  No way I'd fly like that.  Having the screen out of whack like that would throw me off. 

Not to go off course here like I usually do, but if you noticed in my video when I get to the top of the hill/mountain (technically it's a mountain), my fingers had enough.  They were frozen and I couldn't properly control it.  I got a little jumpy.  I couldn't make the slow controlled movements to keep it smooth. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2018, 11:44:00 PM »
I feel like it could have been bent straight.  I'd probably break it in the process.  No way I'd fly like that.  Having the screen out of whack like that would throw me off. 

Not to go off course here like I usually do, but if you noticed in my video when I get to the top of the hill/mountain (technically it's a mountain), my fingers had enough.  They were frozen and I couldn't properly control it.  I got a little jumpy.  I couldn't make the slow controlled movements to keep it smooth. 

From the cold?    Sometimes I get the shakes if there are people around, I don't like to talk when I am flying.   LOL . 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2018, 09:48:36 AM »

From the cold?    Sometimes I get the shakes if there are people around, I don't like to talk when I am flying.   LOL .
Yeah, man.  I completely lost feeling in my fingers.  They just hurt.  I had no sense of touch.  It's not too bad here (averaging highs of 40) but I also have the worst circulation in my hands and feet. 

I hear ya though.  I need to focus.  Don't talk to me when I'm trying to focus on something. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2018, 10:18:34 AM »

Yeah, man.  I completely lost feeling in my fingers.  They just hurt.  I had no sense of touch.  It's not too bad here (averaging highs of 40) but I also have the worst circulation in my hands and feet. 

I hear ya though.  I need to focus.  Don't talk to me when I'm trying to focus on something. 

If this happens to you like me, you probably have raynaud's.  I got diagnosed 2 years ago.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2018, 11:17:02 AM »

If this happens to you like me, you probably have raynaud's.  I got diagnosed 2 years ago.

They never look like that.  They have gotten red before but it's usually a pretty understandable situation.  My feet are worse.  They are almost ice cold if I'm not actively moving around and on them.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2018, 03:29:21 PM »
So I got my controller back today, everything looks legit..

Had to repair it with the P4 but that was easy...now it is stuck getting an update.  I don't know why they reset these before sending.  Its not like that repair had anything do with the P4

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2018, 03:42:01 PM »
So I got my controller back today, everything looks legit..

Had to repair it with the P4 but that was easy...now it is stuck getting an update.  I don't know why they reset these before sending.  Its not like that repair had anything do with the P4
Is it the same controller or a new or refurbished controller?  Maybe it's not your original.

* Recent Photos

IMG_1064.JPG

Views: 4
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal