1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff  (Read 163225 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2019, 07:16:00 PM »

Yeah, Pretty interesting stuff. I think that the Pro 2 will get better as they do firmware updates. It doesn't seem like they are using that sensor to it's full potential.

I'm still on the fence on which way to go, but have a while to figure it out. I'm sure if a used one comes up online for the right price, my decision will already be made.

I agree that I think they are holding the Pro back.  I wonder if that will change after the Phantom 5 comes out.  The Phantom 4 Pro uses a similarly spec'd camera.  It's currently still the next tier up from the Mavic so maybe they don't want to compete too much. 

There are already used ones out there.  Thunderdrones has some but when I asked the price he never got back to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2019, 08:26:19 PM »
I would like to find one local off of Craigslist or Kijiji. It's certainly a difference between here and Vancouver, there were way more people and way more things posted for sale in Van.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: February 06, 2019, 03:58:02 PM »
I would like to find one local off of Craigslist or Kijiji. It's certainly a difference between here and Vancouver, there were way more people and way more things posted for sale in Van.
I get that.  Lau eyes on it before you give someone your money.  Although I have no idea what Kijiji is. 

I went back in to the lake.  Third day in a row.  I was really hoping for all of the ice fishing guys to be gone since it was 60 degrees, 55 the day before that.  It was still frozen enough for the to be out there.  Not as many though. It was so nice and the partially melted surface looked interesting.  There was a trail off to the side of the parking lot I figured at some point would get me to or close to the waters edge away from everyone.  I get there and the wind was ridiculous.  There was none in the parking 50 feet from the water.  10 feet from the water it was ripping.  You could hear it coming through the trees.  F it.  I just hiked down this muddy ass trail and they want rain for a few days.  I'm flying.  Sketchy take off spot too.  Very small window to get out over the lake from where I was.  I set the drone down and before even flying noticed the camera view.  Took a picture before even taking off.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2019, 03:59:17 PM »
A couple from the house.  I'm tired of flying from the house but sometimes I just want to fly.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2019, 04:29:24 PM »
Do you listen to a little Sugar Ray as prep before you fly... :redneck: :redneck:

Cool shots, I know you're just doing all this to make me jealous!!!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2019, 05:46:35 PM »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2019, 07:08:20 PM »
https://youtu.be/zUtnwcv-quE
Ahhh, a throwback to better days.  That's a guilty pleasure right there. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2019, 08:45:06 PM »

Cool shots, I know you're just doing all this to make me jealous!!!

Maybe.  Haha.  50/50.  I know you have some amazing land up there.  I'm just going to bait you until you finally take the hook.  I want to see that land!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2019, 09:57:59 PM »
The bag that came with the drone is nice but if you add any accessories, it just won't works. And I hate the way the remote sits in side with the sticks pressed hard to the sides.  So I did some research and went to Harbour Freight and got a Pelican knock off.  It's an Apache 3800.  Pretty nice.  Pick and pluck foam.  Works well.  Set it up tonight.  May still use the bag to go hiking but for most flying days, this will be much nicer.  I will also be strapping this to the SxS when I go out so I can fly in really remote locations.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2019, 11:36:15 PM »
Sorry to say Mike, I was all ready to buy a drone this weekend and then went to a boat and outdoor show.

Bought a 2000w genny...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2019, 07:12:12 AM »
Sorry to say Mike, I was all ready to buy a drone this weekend and then went to a boat and outdoor show.

Bought a 2000w genny...

Priorities.  Now you'll be able to charge the drone anywhere. 

I have a 2000w Honda generator and an 8000w (rms) generac.  My boss gave them to me.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2019, 10:05:04 AM »

Bought a 2000w genny...

Sure, walk right past the boats!  :uugly:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2019, 10:26:39 AM »
The bag that came with the drone is nice but if you add any accessories, it just won't works. And I hate the way the remote sits in side with the sticks pressed hard to the sides.  So I did some research and went to Harbour Freight and got a Pelican knock off.  It's an Apache 3800.  Pretty nice.  Pick and pluck foam.  Works well.  Set it up tonight.  May still use the bag to go hiking but for most flying days, this will be much nicer.  I will also be strapping this to the SxS when I go out so I can fly in really remote locations.

That looks great, I have a case for the P4 Plus.  It works great, its how I got my drone to Tahoe.  I will be taking it to Mexico in June.   Gonna be epic I hope.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2019, 10:29:38 AM »

That looks great, I have a case for the P4 Plus.  It works great, its how I got my drone to Tahoe.  I will be taking it to Mexico in June.   Gonna be epic I hope.
Do you remember how to fly it? 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #239 on: February 11, 2019, 10:45:36 AM »
I may go get the next smaller case down.  Everything in the lower left corner is charger related.  If I want to take it on a hike, I won't need anything except the drone, the controller, batteries and filters.  I think the smaller one will fit in my hiking bag.  I'd still use this one most of the time though.

* Recent Photos

IMG_9469.JPG

Views: 3
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal