April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff  (Read 167090 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2019, 05:45:42 PM »
I am getting frustrated with the drone.  It just will not stay true.  It veers off, usually to the right.  And it won't hover without slowly rotating.  Gotta look in to it some more.  I've calibrated everything. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

blade drift?   
Not sure what that refers to but my next step is to swap all of the props.  Exception only have 3 left so I will swap the 3 worst ones.  It's probably not a good sign that have to choose one to leave. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2019, 04:06:24 PM »
This wasn't from the drone but it didn't deserve it's own thread.  We got 4 or 5 inches of snow yesterday.  It's windy as all get out now just like the rest of the country but it was eerily calm this morning with a great sunrise.  This was taken from the warmth of my living room.  Notice the driveway is already plowed before the sun has finished coming up.  Yeah, that was my neighbor in a skid steer outside my bedroom window first thing this morning. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2019, 09:41:08 PM »
This wasn't from the drone but it didn't deserve it's own thread.  We got 4 or 5 inches of snow yesterday.  It's windy as all get out now just like the rest of the country but it was eerily calm this morning with a great sunrise.  This was taken from the warmth of my living room.  Notice the driveway is already plowed before the sun has finished coming up.  Yeah, that was my neighbor in a skid steer outside my bedroom window first thing this morning. 

Great Pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2019, 10:40:11 AM »

Great Pic!

And just when I thought your GF had plowed everything.  :funny:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 11:21:33 AM by Kitzy »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2019, 11:12:02 AM »
Good shot Mike

We are supposed to hit 70 on Sunday here...then another cold snap. 

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2019, 11:17:25 AM »
Good shot Mike

We are supposed to hit 70 on Sunday here...then another cold snap.
I just saw 55 on Tuesday.  I dont really care what it does in March.  I'm just hoping for a very mild February.  Cassie is taking a four week course that happens to finish up the day before we leave for Tennessee.  Any snow days could end up pushing the last day and spilling over in to our trip.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2019, 11:25:36 AM »

Great Pic!

And just when I thought your GF had plowed everything.  :funny:
Tom, this is twice in a row he came over in his heated cab skid steer and knocked the driveway out in minutes.  Granted last time wasn't at the first sign of day light but still.  Im not so sure I'm going to rush outside to do my driveway anymore.  I might just let a little time pass in case the neighbor wants to do it.  Funny is to get to my driveway from his he has to drive down our road that is techinically owned by another neighbor and they don't like each other.  He's been doing the whole road lately.  He would only do up to his driveway on the past.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2019, 03:57:02 PM »
So a little funny neighborhood nonsense...

So the house we lived in use to belong to the parents of two of our neighbors.  Infact, they owned a ton more property in the past. 

Sister house - nice people.  Dont like then Puerto Ricans.  From what I gather they don't like their partying.  Something about shooting guns in the middle of the night. 

Brother house - weird guy, assholish kind of son who got divorced and moved home.  Wanted to buy the house we bought but wife at the time didn't want it.  Too late now.  Oddly enough we get along fine with them too.  Hates the Puerto Ricans. 

Puerto ricans - my favorite of the neighbors.  Good people.  Do more for everyone in the neighborhood than anyone else. Maintains road. They do like to party but it's not unreasonable. 

Cop house - strange guy. Never makes eye contact.  I deliberately wait him out and make sure I wave just to force his hand.  Likes the Puerto Ricans and has had the guy do work for him.  Unfortunately shares the most used part of the dirt and gravel road.  Got in a big fight with the brother and sister over the dust they were causing on the road by riding ATVs right at the end of his driveway, basically dusting his family out.  Kids could barely breath in their own yard.  Couldn't BBQ.  So a little war of threats erupted. Cop threatens to do cop things.  Brother threatens to cut his arbovitae trees down because they are on the very edge of his property.  Sister techinically owns the land the private road is on so they say they can do what they want and they know what they're getting in to living on a gravel road. 

Us - just sitting over here getting along with everyone thinking everyone is petty and stupid.  Actually, the Puerto Ricans just don't give a sh*t.  Haha.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2019, 08:51:36 PM »
Replacing what I can.  There are two props I can't replace.  I have 3 new ones but they are all the same.  I need two and two.  I dont really think they are the problem but it can't hurt to try it.  The prop at 12 o'clock is the new one.  The other 4 are the ones I had on it already.  That silver one is pretty messed up on the end.  You can't tell but it's curled up.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2019, 08:10:46 AM »
Using the drone to trim hedges again?

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2019, 02:30:02 PM »
I would think that a bent tip could cause a drifting issue. How much are a set of props? I would think you could get them next day or from a local best buy if needed.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2019, 02:34:39 PM »
I would think that a bent tip could cause a drifting issue. How much are a set of props? I would think you could get them next day or from a local best buy if needed.
Agreed....if you think about the rpms these things spin.  Any change will affect flight.  Its science....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2019, 02:38:22 PM »
Agreed that one prop could be having an effect but other things lead me to believe there are other issues. I think it's something with my controller.  One thing at a time I guess.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2019, 02:41:57 PM »
Looks like $13 a pair.  $26 for a full set.  I could have them next day from B&H.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2019, 03:30:47 PM »
Agreed that one prop could be having an effect but other things lead me to believe there are other issues. I think it's something with my controller.  One thing at a time I guess.

Don't quote me on this but it could be the non calibrated kanutor spring in the fetzer assembly.  You can find it on location C near the control board labeled kanutzen

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal