The Café Detailing Help Desk > Detailing Help

Air Dryer....thoughts

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kitzy:
If you have nothing better to spend $150 on and you think it will help, go for it.  Why not.  I'd be curious how well it works.  However, I would think if your water leaves spots, that blowing those drops around will only leave trails or run marks.  Our water at our shop is horrible to the point that I would rather not even wash the windows. 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Blown F-150:
I like Tom's idea, leaf blower!

Kitzy:
Any chance you have power tools that use batteries?  I have a bunch of DeWalt 20v tools and batteries.  They make a blower I am going to get for others uses but the thought had crossed my mind before about using it on the truck.  It's $80 or something like that without the battery.  I don't know what other manufacturers make but it's something to think about.

sscully:

--- Quote from: Blown F-150 on March 20, 2018, 11:29:21 PM ---I like Tom's idea, leaf blower!

--- End quote ---

That is essentially what gesfour has in his post, an electric leaf blower.
- It is the CG's version of one.

I am guessing this is close to my rigid shop vac conversion, it is not bad for paint but it is not gas powered leaf blower speeds.

I have not tried my Stihl Kombi leaf blower on the paint, but the thing is too big to try it with.  I could see myself turning around and hitting the door with it.

I got the Kombi for the bristle brush for the turf in the back yard, the leaf blower was jsut an add on at the time.

--- Quote from: Kitzy on March 21, 2018, 01:05:39 PM ---I have a bunch of DeWalt 20v tools and batteries.  They make a blower I am going to get for others uses but the thought had crossed my mind before about using it on the truck.  ...<snip>...
--- End quote ---

Output wise, it might be on par with the Metro Vac Data vac that I have.
It is not bad for blowing out around mirrors and trim, but it is not worth the time on the paint.

Kitzy:
You have turf in your backyard?  How well does that bristle attachment work? We have three dedicated tools like that at work for essentially power brooking black top so we don't have to use regular brooms.  Works good.thoigh I've seen it used on grass as well.  My driveway being stone tends to accumulate stone in the grass edges and I may being one home to try it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version