Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Teaser  (Read 6759 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Teaser
« on: March 17, 2018, 11:58:23 PM »
Tyler will get this.......R100.  PS, this was shot in a total no flight zone.   Had to take off from remote location and it would not let me fly passed the RED NO FLY ZONE 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 12:00:20 AM by Rollingrock »
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Teaser
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 02:12:06 PM »
Where do you see these red no fly zones.  The only thing I've come across is a warning popping up on my screen telling g me about some unpaved airport. 

It's no like you to fly too far away, not to mention you're pretty close to the ground so VLOS (visual line of site) being maintained must mean you're pretty close.  How far out did you have to fly from?  Out of curiousity, what happens when you hit that red zone?  Does it just stop and refuse to go farther? 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 06:44:04 PM »
Where do you see these red no fly zones.  The only thing I've come across is a warning popping up on my screen telling g me about some unpaved airport. 

It's no like you to fly too far away, not to mention you're pretty close to the ground so VLOS (visual line of site) being maintained must mean you're pretty close.  How far out did you have to fly from?  Out of curiousity, what happens when you hit that red zone?  Does it just stop and refuse to go farther? 

It will not let you fly forward no matter how much throttle you give it.  If you look at that bld...I can get to the corner of it and boom.....nothing.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 08:12:51 PM »

It will not let you fly forward no matter how much throttle you give it.  If you look at that bld...I can get to the corner of it and boom.....nothing.
Sort of like flying in beginner mode when you hit those limits.

So I had a minor accident again today.  Haha.  I had it hovering in the neighbor's yard so I could record myself in the Maverick come flying around the turn on our road.  I wanted to see how loose the front end was getting or of it just felt that way.  Anyway, my other neighbor was about to leave so I thought I'd be a smart ass and fly over to him.  Shot straight up in the air to get higher than the power lines in front of me, forget about the lines over me.  Dope.  Got it stuck and tore up some props.  Had to get a 10' ladder, stand it up in my truck bed in the neighbor's yard and poke at it with a broom handle to knock it down.  I bet my neighbors have a special opinion of me.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 08:34:43 PM »
did you buy insurance yet? 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »
Nope.  What's that run?

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 10:03:28 PM »
Nope.  What's that run?

Not sure on the MP but for the P4P I think it is around 190 bucks 

https://www.dji.com/service/djicare?site=brandsite&from=nav 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 03:53:33 PM »
Just got around to checking out my Mavic.  Three out of four props are shot.  Going to go through and calibrate and update everything.  When the wind dies down sometime in the next couple days I will try some low altitude flights to make sure everything is functioning properly.

The one sitting at about 8oclock in that picture isn't noticeable at first because the tips are intact unlike the others but about an inch in is a crack half way across.

* Recent Photos

t

Views: 4
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal