1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Drones and live streaming  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Drones and live streaming
« on: February 28, 2018, 04:13:40 PM »
Let's talk about this.  I attempted twice.  It was successful but choppy.  Here is what I'm assuming happened.

-Slow upload speed where I was at.  It couldn't keep up with the demand for the video which brings me to my next part.

-4k/30fps.  Obviously much more data to transfer than 1080 or even 720. 

-Lastly, I watched a YouTube video stating 2-4mbps (4mbps being the max cap I believe, atleast at the time that video was made) is required for Facebook live streaming in 720.  I didn't test my connection that day but probably will moving forward.

So throws some ideas out there but I'm thinking reduce video to 1080 or 720 @30fps, make sure I have an acceptable connection and go from there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Re: Drones and live streaming
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »
Sitting in my living room, speed test shows 28Mbps down/2 up on wifi.  Over the cell network I am seeing 60 Mbps down/30 up.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 06:32:41 PM »
Well, I tested those settings and it seemed fine.  I did forget to turn WiFi off so I guess my upload was around 2Mbps.  Oops. 

Bigger oops... I crash landed at the top of a 30ish foot tall tree in my yard.  Got stuck.  Spent well over an hour throwing dog toys straight up in to the tree.  Finally knocked it loose and caught it before it hit the ground.  I think I broke it when I caught it.  It actually flies perfectly fine and I think I'm going to super glue it and see how it is.  I see if I can retrieve the full video after dinner. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 07:08:26 PM »
Feel free to jump right to the end to see the crash.  It's pretty obvious.

Edit - of all the screen shots it could have taken from the video... It chose that one!?!

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:44:05 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 08:39:53 PM »
Dude, I bet your heart sank when you saw that.

I almost wasted mine the other day in sport mode...note to self, sport mode is for higher altitude. 

So it your baby ok?   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »
Dude, I bet your heart sank when you saw that.

I almost wasted mine the other day in sport mode...note to self, sport mode is for higher altitude. 

So it your baby ok?
Funny thing is by the time I got it out of the tree it was dark out.  But I had to see if it would start up and fly so I set it in the driveway and noticed it leaning.  F it... Let's take off.  It started up, flew, did everything perfect.  Didn't think to check gimball movement though.  Still have to do that.  Landed it and noticed the broken leg.  Grabbed a flashlight and went out looking where I caught it.  Sure enough it was there.  Brought it in and glued it.  Haven't touched it yet. 

My neighbors for sure think I've got a screw loose.  Literally for over an hour straight I was throwing dog toys at the top of the tree.  Even tied one to a rope, threw it over a main branch and me and Cassie were yanking on it trying to shake it out.  Hooked up the quad to get a better shake and only accomplished tearing up the neighbors field.  Finally threw a ball, though I missed it, went to get the ball and heard a "stick" falling.  Looked up to dodge it... Nope, it's the drone making a b line for my face.  Caught it like a true number one WR.  Super glad too because we are expecting and inch of rain tomorrow transitioning in to 12 inches of snow all accompanied by 40-50mph wind. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 08:56:22 PM »
Also, I think I remember when the Facebook live video cut out.  Right around that time I remember getting a warning for weak signal and to point the antennas on the direction of the drone.  Which I already was and the warming went away shortly after.  I'm guessing a brief interference of some sort, enough to cut transmission of Facebook live and not start it back up.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 04:08:16 PM »
Pretty sure my gimbal is a little out of wack from the crash.  Had it out today recording video and noticed on playback everything seemed tilted a bit.  Gotta recalibrate and go from there. 

* Recent Photos

t

Views: 10
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal