April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Lake Tahoe Drone Footage  (Read 37039 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Lake Tahoe Drone Footage
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2018, 10:15:07 PM »
Mike, you gonna fly any this weekend?

I just got a controller lanyard.   so I don't drop the damn thing.

We are expecting rain in the am, but then I may drive around the countryside and see if anything looks intresting to see from the air. 

JP
The sun has barely been out at all since I got the thing.  Drove down to Tennessee this morning and it rained all but an hour of the 11 hours it took us to get there.  Rain all day tomorrow as well.  So hopefully sometime after that.  Already planning places to check out once I get back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

"Like"   Understood 

I just some Polarized filters in....lessons learned from Tahoe.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2018, 01:02:33 AM »
Very cool Mike! Awesome to hear you like it.

I think my Birthday will be coming early this year.
Someone on the mavic forum has one posted as of yesterday.  Same kit as mine.  $1100 ($1289 + free shipping at B&H where I got mine) with split shipping.  Unfortunately he has it listed as CONUS shipping so I don't know about Canada or how close you are to the border. 

Isn't your birthday today?  Haha

Lol, my birthday isn't until the end of May! I just spend another G on the truck, so I won't have drone money for a while yet. But, you two have me going so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I'm flying.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2018, 01:30:34 AM »

Someone on the mavic forum has one posted as of yesterday.  Same kit as mine.  $1100 ($1289 + free shipping at B&H where I got mine) with split shipping.  Unfortunately he has it listed as CONUS shipping so I don't know about Canada or how close you are to the border. 

Lol, my birthday isn't until the end of May! I just spend another G on the truck, so I won't have drone money for a while yet. But, you two have me going so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I'm flying.

Amen to that!     Who is going to be first to polish or opti coat their drone?   LOL   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2018, 08:37:13 AM »

Amen to that!     Who is going to be first to polish or opti coat their drone?   LOL   
Do you think that would help it cut through the air better?  Basically decreasing drag and therefore the time it takes to fly somewhere?  Haha

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2018, 08:38:47 AM »
I actually got the cheaper DJI ND filters at the same time I ordered the mavic.  Haven't taken them out of the package yet.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2018, 12:20:54 PM »
Did a little video.  Takes some getting used to as far as handling and being smooth with everything.  For me, I've always used inverted controls so down on a joystick makes something go up.  So I'm trying to fight that. 

It still wasn't a nice day out.  I tried a little flight this AM and it started raining on me so I brought it in.  It stopped for a small window so I took it back out.  And if you watch, yes I almost hit a tree and then almost a pole.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2018, 06:53:24 PM »
Great flying, you got balz that low to the ground (er says the guy that flys over water)

One thing you can do is calibrate your controller joysticks...that can help be smoother.   

Another trick is to fly slower, then when you edit the video clip, you add speed to it so it is smoother.   

Nice work

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2018, 06:57:40 PM »
Great flying, you got balz that low to the ground (er says the guy that flys over water)

One thing you can do is calibrate your controller joysticks...that can help be smoother.   

Another trick is to fly slower, then when you edit the video clip, you add speed to it so it is smoother.   

Nice work
If you saw the other video, that one was ballsy.  If the video didn't end up being so long I would upload it.  Maybe I can cut it down on my phone.  I have no other way to edit it right now.  I didn't bring my laptop.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2018, 09:50:30 PM »
I uploaded it anyway but it's over 8 minutes of raw footage.  So lots of slow moving stuff and pauses.  Especially when I couldn't figure out where it was before coming back through the trees. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2018, 08:15:37 AM »
I uploaded it anyway but it's over 8 minutes of raw footage.  So lots of slow moving stuff and pauses.  Especially when I couldn't figure out where it was before coming back through the trees. 

Well some people would just take their dron and launch from a clear area....not you Mike...that is crazy...!  LOL    That barn is cool...

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2018, 08:30:02 AM »

Well some people would just take their dron and launch from a clear area....not you Mike...that is crazy...!  LOL    That barn is cool...
I just landed it.  Got up and took it right out.  I actually flew through that barn from the other side of the tree line.  I'm gonna crash this thing yet.  Haha.  I did lose contact with it because I dropped it down too low on the other side of that field.  Almost had to go hike to retrieve it.  Was able to hold the controller real high in the air and get the drone to climb a bit though. 

I have to play with the settings.  I dont feel like my pictures are as clear as others unless they are just edited photos.  I will play with them on Photoshop back home.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2018, 09:12:24 AM »
Those are outstanding Mike!!!!   

I did put the Polarized filter on mine and it makes a difference on the glare. 

I need a sunny day.   Cooking up a brisket right now, but I want to fly some today in a different location. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2018, 09:13:02 AM »
I SEE A LAKE>>>>>>go fly it !!! 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2018, 09:50:41 AM »
I had an ND4 filter on for that.  But I can't figure out how to manually adjust everything yet so I am using auto. 

There is a big lake right down the road.  I will try to get out to it at some point.  If not there are a lot of places to go back home within a half hour to 45 minutes.  Im trying to spend time with family right now.  I was the first one up this morning and out flying the drone while everyone was sleeping.  Haha.  It was in the 40s and I'm out in shorts and sandals because I couldn't go through my stuff to get proper clothes out. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2018, 08:13:53 PM »
Very cool!  You are brave for sure. I think I would have to find a pretty open field or park or something to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

* Recent Photos

LS After.JPG

Views: 1
By: Too Stroked

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal