General Category > Car/Truck Mod Talk

Level kit? Pros-Cons

(1/2) > >>

Rollingrock:
ok, so should I level this thing?

Was looking at these

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/15F1504WD-2015-2016-F150-4WD-Bilstein-5100-Adjustable-Shock-Kit.html

I have never lifted or leveled a truck, only my jeep.

Thoughts?

Kitzy:

--- Quote from: Rollingrock on November 05, 2017, 05:32:01 PM ---ok, so should I level this thing?

Was looking at these

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/15F1504WD-2015-2016-F150-4WD-Bilstein-5100-Adjustable-Shock-Kit.html

Thoughts?

--- End quote ---
Cant go wrong with bilsteins.  Adjustability is nice.  How easy is it to adjust if you need to, for say, towing or hauling heavy loads?  My last truck was leveled but it had air shocks in the back so I could add or remove air to adjust the rear height.  It came that way when I bought it.  I wouldn't have done it that way but it was functional other than the fact that over time the air leaked out and I had to add more.  I digress though.  I think a truck should at least be leveled or close to it.  My truck now had 4" of take (back sat 4" higher than the front) but I cranked the torsion bars and got 2" more out of it and am pretty happy.  Especially since now when I park it next to my bosses Denali, mine looks bigger and more aggressive with the 34" tires. 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rollingrock:

--- Quote from: Kitzy on November 05, 2017, 05:43:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rollingrock on November 05, 2017, 05:32:01 PM ---ok, so should I level this thing?

Was looking at these

Thoughts?

--- End quote ---
Cant go wrong with bilsteins.  Adjustability is nice.  How easy is it to adjust if you need to, for say, towing or hauling heavy loads?  My last truck was leveled but it had air shocks in the back so I could add or remove air to adjust the rear height.  It came that way when I bought it.  I wouldn't have done it that way but it was functional other than the fact that over time the air leaked out and I had to add more.  I digress though.  I think a truck should at least be leveled or close to it.  My truck now had 4" of take (back sat 4" higher than the front) but I cranked the torsion bars and got 2" more out of it and am pretty happy.  Especially since now when I park it next to my bosses Denali, mine looks bigger and more aggressive with the 34" tires. 

--- End quote ---

I don't think you an adjust them after they are installed.  you pick the height and put the ring on and install.  I thinking I still want a little rake then maybe install a set of timbrens vs airbags as insurance for heavy loads. 

I saw another leveling kit that came with adjusted suspension parts to not affect stock geometry.

Kitzy:

--- Quote from: Rollingrock on November 05, 2017, 06:48:45 PM ---

Was looking at these

Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I don't think you an adjust them after they are installed.  you pick the height and put the ring on and install.  I thinking I still want a little rake then maybe install a set of timbrens vs airbags as insurance for heavy loads. 

I saw another leveling kit that came with adjusted suspension parts to not affect stock geometry.

--- End quote ---
The reason I opted to crank my torsion bars as opposed to a small lift or leveling kit was because of the angle of the axles and CV joints.  All of the reasonably priced kits left the truck with poor angles. 

Too Stroked:

--- Quote from: Rollingrock on November 05, 2017, 06:48:45 PM ---

Was looking at these

Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I had the Bilstein's on my last F-150. You cannot adjust them without removing them. I only raised the front less than 1" to avoid the steering geometry issues and they worked great. I have Timbrens in the rear of my Tacoma and they work great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version